“Great stay”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #310 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Great stay”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I needed to send a fax and had some great support from Cynthia and Stephane, great service!! Will come again! Team was really friendly, bar and restuarant were great if you just wanted to spend a night in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blue for 4 nights in February for a business trip. The hotel has a very cool vibe while feeling comfortable. The highlight of the stay was the staff - front desk staff was very helpful, and when I discovered my reservation had been made incorrectly, Annie saved the day. I can not say enough about the staff. I would definitely stay here again. Here is the breakdown:

Location - near the tube, tons of restaurants and bars, and lots of shopping. I was able to walk to my destinations 80% of the time, and took the tube the other times. Great location
Gym - It's very small, but worked for me. There are 4 or 5 cardio machines and free weights, but barely enough floor space to stretch. If you want to swim, or need more equipment and more room, there is a YMCA down the street.
Restaurant - I did not eat in the restaurant, but the breakfast looked great. I did have coffee in the bar, and had drinks in the evening. Options are good and the bar has a good atmosphere.
Room - I loved my room - 6th floor, end of hallway, facing behind the hotel. Bed was comfy and the bathroom was huge. Everything was clean, but there was a bit of dust on the floor around the edge of the bed and the TV stand.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one that does not face the street
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank valerie p
Dear Guest,

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My teenage daughter and I stayed in this hotel on Saturday and Sunday night. The area itself is really pleasant, with a newsagent conveniently located across the street.
On arrival, the hotel is fresh, bright and clean with a very helpful receptionist. Fresh fruit and water are available (and specifically offered) at the reception desk - that's a nice touch.
Access to rooms is by secure lift (you need your room card to operate same) We stayed in a Queen Superior room on the sixth floor (non smoking).
The room was very comfortable - the usual hotel furniture, nice decor, a window that opens for some fresh air. Hygenically presented tea and coffee making facilities (cups, glasses and spoons wrapped in plastic) and lots of tea (breakfast and chamomile), coffee and milk.
We both loved the bathroom - bath and rain shower. Lots of towels and a generous supply of toiletries.
Next to the light switch is a switch to indicate "do not disturb" or "make up the room" - very handy, no need to shock people in my nighty as I hang a cardboard notice on the door handle!
Breakfast the next morning was superb - my daughter had pancakes and hot chocolate, I indulged in the best eggs benedict and smoked salmon I have ever had (and I know from bitter experience how tricky that dish can be!!)
That evening, we had a drink in the bar with some friends. When we went up to our room to watch Mr Selfridge, we ordered room service - very efficient and reasonably priced (we had pizza in case anyone is curious!)
A more restrained breakfast the next day - poached egg on toast for me, a croissant and apple for my daughter.
Check out was as efficient and pleasant as check in. The staff here are very friendly and pleasant.

I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The only minor quibble I had was the size of the room - next time I will probably choose a slightly...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy C
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Cindy,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel whilst visiting London.

It is always reassuring to read such positive comments and thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. I encourage our guests to contact Kim Fraser who heads up the Guest Relations Team who will personally ensure our guest's stay are personalised and to their complete satisfaction.

I will be passing your compliments onto my entire team and look forward to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the near future.

Oslo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We love the British Museum, and have visited many hotels in the area during the years. This hotel is by far the best we have stayed at, and we keep coming back.

Less than a minutes walk from the museum, very friendly and caring staff, clean and tidy, and with a great breakfast buffet.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued support and for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to be within walking distance of The British Museum (less than a minute walk) which houses a vast collection of world art and artefacts, It was interesting to read recent press release from London and Partners, which stated the most popular visitor attraction in 2013 remained The British Museum which saw a 20% increase in its visitor numbers! – making it the museum’s most successful year on record. In 2nd place, was the National Gallery.

We work hard to ensure that the building’s rich literary heritage continues today whilst at the same time offering guests a modern combination of attentive service, luxurious bedrooms and four star deluxe facilities.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Staff was very polite and accommodating. Room was just what I needed - large bathroom, great street view, comfortable. The location is central to all the best parts of London and most popular destinations were easily walkable.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We are indeed in the heart of the West End and along with the British Museum itself, the famous theatres of Covent Garden and Leicester Square, cafes and bars of Soho, and world-class retail therapy of Oxford Street are all within walking distance. Nearby Underground stations, Tottenham Court Road and Holborn, also provide easy access to the rest of the city.

As a team, we strive to exceed our guests expectations and a review such as yours is so rewarding when the teams efforts are noticed by our guests, I will personally pass your compliments to the entire team.

May I take this opportunity to wish you the very best and can only hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back.

Anglesey, North Wales
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed for one night celebrating a friend's 'special' birthday. Was warmly welcomed by the concierge (his name I did not get - to which I apologise) but was there Saturday(yesterday) and today. The receptionist who checked us in was really efficient and helpful and what was pleasing was that she smiled....not many do.

There was a nice smell on entering the hotel the kind you get in a high class spa..very relaxing.

On entering our room we were pleasantly pleased. The room was very clean and on trend. The bathroom was ideal with a 'walk in' shower and to our surprise we had comfortable towelling robes each for use,,,we had had an upgrade!! Nice touch!

The breakfast was lovely and fresh and happy to say they had a proper toaster. Everything was clean and the staff were very helpful and obliging with our requests. If there was a negative comment then I would be nit-picking. It was a very pleasant stay and will most definitely return and would most definitely recommend to others.

Room Tip: Not sure which side of the hotel we were on but we were accommodated in room 3023 - not much of a vi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, the team and I are pleased you had a great experience.

I encourage our guests to contact Kim Fraser who heads up the Guest Relations Team for both Bloomsbury Street and Kenilworth Hotels, to ensure guest's stay is to their complete satisfaction.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

On arrival at the hotel we were met with very helpful staff, however a very over powering fragrance in reception was awful. Room very small with very small window, wi-fi hit and miss. Went to eat in restaurant to be told it was fully booked, however no-one was in there. As a resident surely they should leave certain amount of tables for them??

• Stayed March 2014
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel.

Also, I am sorry that you found our standard rooms small but would like to clarify that all our standard rooms have a minimum of 15 sq mt. spaces - which is the norm for majority of hotels in the London at similar prices. May I please take this opportunity to remind you that we have an extensive collection of Deluxe rooms which offer a minimum space of 25 sq mts. which also includes a drink voucher worth £15 to be redeemed in our bar and other exciting benefits which make it really a lovely treat to book!

To this end, I trust you will reconsider joining us on your next visit to London.

If possible kindly contact me prior to your next visit to London so that I can personally show you our studio suites and King deluxe rooms.