“Lovely hotel excellantly situated”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #309 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and i recentley stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street in London we had an excellent stay. The hotel was lovely, the rooms were tastefully furnished and decorated, the bed was lovely and comfortable and turned back in the evening.
Loved the room spray throughout the hotel I was told it wasn't for sale am sure it would be very popular if it was avilable to buy.
We had a lovely buffet breakfast, good quality produce well presented and served it set us up for a full day of sight seeing
All the staff were friendly and helpful from Hilmar on reception to Aaron in the restaurant
The hotel situation was excellent, not far from Euston with great tube links across the city. Perfectly positioned to walk to Covent garden, Shafesbury Avenue and the West End would definately stay there again. We had a perfect weekend.

Room Tip: If you are a frequent traveller to London purchase an Oyster card and top it up before travelling th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

Bloomsbury Street is a contemporary hotel inspired by the history around it. We work hard to ensure that the building’s rich literary heritage continues today whilst at the same time offering guests a modern combination of attentive service, luxurious bedrooms and four star deluxe facilities.

It is heartening to read such reviews and once again thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice when in London.

I look forward to welcome you both to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for my partner's birthday as a little treat since we live 10 minutes away.
Upon arrival we were met with the lovelelist smiley, happy, bubbly, full-of-character lady called Annie. She checked us in. The aroma of the public areas is quite interesting. It's like a mix of perfume and cleaning product.
The bottle of bubbly and birthday card in the room was a great touch.
As you'd expect the bed was turned down late evening however we were disappointed not see a chocolate on the pillow.
The room was sweet, boutique-style and came with comp water, tea and coffee. Mini bar prices standard (well overpriced!)
Good for business stays with free wifi/ethernet connection.
Minor maintenance needed in bathroom did not detract from its luxury feel.
Breakfast was fantastic, choice of full English breakfast buffet, small selection of juices, cereals, nuts, berries and breads. You can also choose to have something made fresh for you (eggs benedict, omelette, smoked salmon and scrambled "free range" eggs).
Aaron was our server, he was polite and comical. Don't be offended by his directness, it's just his character.
Checking out was smooth and quick. The tall blonde guy was polite and offered to get us a taxi.
Our overall impressions of the hotel were very good and I'd recommend it to a friend or family member.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hotel was wonderful. Centrally located near the West End, Oxford Street, Covent Garden. Restaurants, shopping, underground on easily walkable.

Hotel staff were all friendly, helpful and made us feel really welcome. Room was clean, had all the necessary amenities. It was small (but that's to be expected in a london hotel room).

I travel a lot and would definitely stay there again. I'd recommend it for business, leisure, romance, solo, couples.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank apqueen

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to London.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The staff are welcoming, warm and efficient. Beautifully clean rooms and personal touches ( ......bottled water, cotton wool balls) contribute to the overall positive experience.
Booked in by Arnold who offered a refreshing drink, booked a table at an adjacent hotel restaurant and rang the room to check everything was ok. Faultless.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anne B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent stay in London an for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to share your review with the Hotel teams, especially with Arnold as it's always gratifying when staff efforts are acknowledge by our guests.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I needed to send a fax and had some great support from Cynthia and Stephane, great service!! Will come again! Team was really friendly, bar and restuarant were great if you just wanted to spend a night in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blue for 4 nights in February for a business trip. The hotel has a very cool vibe while feeling comfortable. The highlight of the stay was the staff - front desk staff was very helpful, and when I discovered my reservation had been made incorrectly, Annie saved the day. I can not say enough about the staff. I would definitely stay here again. Here is the breakdown:

Location - near the tube, tons of restaurants and bars, and lots of shopping. I was able to walk to my destinations 80% of the time, and took the tube the other times. Great location
Gym - It's very small, but worked for me. There are 4 or 5 cardio machines and free weights, but barely enough floor space to stretch. If you want to swim, or need more equipment and more room, there is a YMCA down the street.
Restaurant - I did not eat in the restaurant, but the breakfast looked great. I did have coffee in the bar, and had drinks in the evening. Options are good and the bar has a good atmosphere.
Room - I loved my room - 6th floor, end of hallway, facing behind the hotel. Bed was comfy and the bathroom was huge. Everything was clean, but there was a bit of dust on the floor around the edge of the bed and the TV stand.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one that does not face the street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank valerie p

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My teenage daughter and I stayed in this hotel on Saturday and Sunday night. The area itself is really pleasant, with a newsagent conveniently located across the street.
On arrival, the hotel is fresh, bright and clean with a very helpful receptionist. Fresh fruit and water are available (and specifically offered) at the reception desk - that's a nice touch.
Access to rooms is by secure lift (you need your room card to operate same) We stayed in a Queen Superior room on the sixth floor (non smoking).
The room was very comfortable - the usual hotel furniture, nice decor, a window that opens for some fresh air. Hygenically presented tea and coffee making facilities (cups, glasses and spoons wrapped in plastic) and lots of tea (breakfast and chamomile), coffee and milk.
We both loved the bathroom - bath and rain shower. Lots of towels and a generous supply of toiletries.
Next to the light switch is a switch to indicate "do not disturb" or "make up the room" - very handy, no need to shock people in my nighty as I hang a cardboard notice on the door handle!
Breakfast the next morning was superb - my daughter had pancakes and hot chocolate, I indulged in the best eggs benedict and smoked salmon I have ever had (and I know from bitter experience how tricky that dish can be!!)
That evening, we had a drink in the bar with some friends. When we went up to our room to watch Mr Selfridge, we ordered room service - very efficient and reasonably priced (we had pizza in case anyone is curious!)
A more restrained breakfast the next day - poached egg on toast for me, a croissant and apple for my daughter.
Check out was as efficient and pleasant as check in. The staff here are very friendly and pleasant.

I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The only minor quibble I had was the size of the room - next time I will probably choose a slightly...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy C
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel whilst visiting London.

It is always reassuring to read such positive comments and thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. I encourage our guests to contact Kim Fraser who heads up the Guest Relations Team who will personally ensure our guest's stay are personalised and to their complete satisfaction.

I will be passing your compliments onto my entire team and look forward to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the near future.