“Excellent service”

Ranked #305 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The welcoming and the service at this hotel was very good. The receptionist Annie was outstanding and gave us the best service we could ever want. The room was always clean and the atmosphere in the restaurant was nice. The thing to improve is the service at the breakfast, but that is a easy fix :-)

Room Tip: Corner superior ar nice and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennie H
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to London, your patronage is truly appreciated and I hope you enjoyed your time with us.

Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards, and I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you and your husband back to the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime in the future.

Kind Regards,

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I chose this Radisson Blu for a London stayover after the business leg of my trip -- staying at Radisson Blus in Finland. It wasn't long after my arrival that I started to realize that this one was different from the others.

Normally, upon checking in to a hotel, I'm asked to either confirm my details on a card/sheet, or write in such details as my US address. Here, I was asked to state aloud my personal home address. I've never had that before -- the same security and privacy concerns that prevent a reception staff member from stating your room number aloud should apply to other such details as my personal home address.

Immediately after checking in, I walked to the lifts. As I was waiting, I saw the indicator lights go dark and then reset. Turns out that they had to reboot the lifts! After another minute, a couple came out and stated they had been stuck. Needless to say, I was concerned, but decided to take a chance.

At checkout, all their systems were down so I was unable to get a copy of my bill.

The room was really nice though! Good air conditioning, very nicely equipped bathroom.

Overall, not up to the "Radisson Blu" standard. I will look for another hotel next time. Just spotty service/operations at this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alan A
Dear Alan,

Your review is quite concerning to the Management Team and we are naturally very disappointed to have let you down. If possible would you kindly contact my Deputy - Xavier Paris on parisx@radisson.com or I, so that we can personally discuss your feedback and resolve it to your complete satisfaction.

We look forward to speaking with you very soon and hope we will be able to assist you further and ensure your future visit with us is to your complete satisfaction.

allooh@radisson.com
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on the 23rd April. First impressions were that the hotel good looking, rooms nice and clean, if on the small side. What wasn't so nice was the road noise.

My room overlooked Bloomsbury Street and had the old fashioned sash windows which let in most of the road noise from outside. There had at some point been secondary glazing in both windows, however only 1 of the 4 pains remained. This did nothing to reduce the noise. Did not sleep well all night.

Would have rated lower, except for the receptionist who apologised and made a note against my name to ensure I receive a quiet room if I ever return.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Naturally, I am incredibly disappointed to read that our product did not meet your expectation and left you reticent to return to the hotel. If possible would you kindly contact my deputy Xavier Paris or I, so we are able to resolve this issue to your complete satisfaction.

I am confident that should you return to the hotel we would be able to demonstrate a level of service and hospitality synonymous to your expectation.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime soon.

Hasnain N Alloo
Sydney
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed in a business room on the top floor the room was very nice bed was comfortable and linen was 5 star standard. Staff at reception check in were dry and seemed to be UN-happy. Location i thought was ok but not good for shopping about a 20min walk to bond st station where its all happening. The restaurant in the hotel was excellent the menu only had two choices steak or lobster with UN-limited fries and salad meals were spot on fresh and delicious highly recommend this place for dinner. I would recommend there sister hotel up the road Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire only for its location.

Room Tip: Stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Berkshire not Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street if you want sh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wizzard27
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am glad you were able to experience our Deluxe King Rooms which are generously spacious and worthy of the title. Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, our deluxe rooms also include: Luxury bathrobe, Complimentary bottled mineral water, Complimentary movie every night of your stay, Complimentary WIFI and a complimentary drink at the bar subject to rates booked and conditions.

Thank you for your feedback with regards to Steak & Lobster restaurant, which is located downstairs on the ground floor. Steak & Lobster, is our name and our menu. Our new restaurant has fewer options so we can focus on perfecting what we do best: 10oz, dry aged rib eye steaks and fresh whole lobsters served on the half shell.

Radisson Blu Edwardian, Berkshire is a beautiful property located just opposite Bond Street Station, The Bloomsbury Street Hotel is in the heart of the West End and along with the British Museum, the famous theatres of Covent Garden and Leicester Square, cafes and bars of Soho, and world-class retail therapy of Oxford Street are all within walking distance. Nearby Underground stations, Tottenham Court Road and Holborn, also provide easy access to the rest of the city.

Thank you for your custom and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Kind Regards

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here overnight to go to see a west end show, the service was superb, rooms great and the food in the restaurant amazingly good for the price. The drinks are expensive, but this is London, the lunch was great value and very good indeed. The Hotel is spotless and the rooms have everything you could want, I would stay here again in the blink of an eye.
The only slight flaw was that we booked a double room and were given a twin which was a bit disappointing.
It isn't cheap, but it is very good and every member of staff we spoke to was courteous, polite, helpful and genuinely nice.
If you want to stay in London, this is modern, spotless, well equipped and a good choice.
There is very easy parking in either direction from the Hotel.

2 Thank Mikey954HighWycombe
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Bloomsbury Street is a contemporary hotel inspired by the history around it. We work hard to ensure that the building’s rich literary heritage continues today whilst at the same time offering guests a modern combination of attentive service, luxurious bedrooms and four star deluxe facilities.

It is heartening to read such reviews and once again thank you for the time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice when in London.

May I take this opportunity to suggest that you make your further bookings via our brand website and reserve a specific room type and generic room types are subject to availability on arrival which can be either double or twin.

I look forward to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

After staying away two consecutive weekends, it was interesting comparing a Premier Inn in Devon to a Radisson in London, unfortunately we preferred the Premier Inn! The Radisson Blu looks lovely on the inside and our room on the Executive Business floor was very stylist and clean although smaller than the far less expensive room we had stayed in the week before at the Premier Inn. We were disappointed to arrive and find the hotel had over booked and we were being offered a room in a sister hotel despite booking a while in a advance. We declined this as we were attending an event at this hotel which required fancy dress and specifically wanted to stay at this hotel. We were offered an upgrade which included breakfast which we took but had to pay extra for. The dinner at our event that evening was good and the hotel seemed a good place to hold a ball of this type. Our room seemed very warm and the air conditioning was noisy enough that I kept waking up during the night so didn't sleep well. Breakfast the next morning which costs guests an expensive £21 per person was disappointing as we expected something a little more special considering cost. My scrambled egg was cold and the breakfast was all laid out in a help yourself buffet style whereas the breakfast at Premier Inn week before had been freshly cooked to order and was far less expensive and much tastier. Staff appeared a little tense and we heard a waitress get a dressing down from someone we assumed to be her manager close to our table which I felt was too much of a public place for such a discussion. All in all we found our stay very expensive and far less enjoyable than we had the previous weekend where we had paid a third of the price and service, a peaceful nights sleep and friendly relaxed staff had made what a makes a Premier Inn such good value for money. Next time in London we would try a different hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I am naturally very disappointed that we were unable to demonstrate a level hospitality synonymous to your expectation and can only hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future when traveling to London.

Bloomsbury Street is a contemporary hotel inspired by the history around it. We work hard to ensure that the building’s rich literary heritage continues today. The Hotel underwent a total refurbishment of £25 million pounds just 3 years ago, our bedrooms have been designed specifically and accented by calming, muted shades & plush, tactile fabrics to allow our guests to enjoyed luxury in the heart of London’s west end!

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotel was clean and tidy and always smelt very fresh!! They do offer valet parking but I don't recall seeing this advertised (spent quite a while looking for somewhere to park but could have just stopped outside the front door!)
Staff were very friendly and efficient - The only downside was the Italian restaurant the concierge recommended which I think was called Cipriani's - it has to be the most overpriced, average restaurant I have ever visited.
Our room was very spacious with high quality fittings and also very good value for money.

1 Thank DJALL2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. I am delighted that you had a great experience.

We have launched a new service to ensure all requests for your clients are responded to within 30 minutes and encourage all our guests to simply email: Bloomsbury.vip@radisson.com

All requesst come directly to me and the senior Rooms Division team. Whether you have a special request, a last minute change, an exclusive floor booking – or just to keep in touch with the hotel team, we guarantee a 30 minute response between the hours 0700am – Midnight GMT.

I look forward to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards