“A triumph of style over substance”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #296 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Chichester, United Kingdom
“A triumph of style over substance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is well located and nicely fitted out with a nice range of finishes. Some communal areas are so trendy that the word that comes to mind is dingy. The room was quite small but adequate, however the bathroom was slightly scruffy with peeling sealant, small unfinished repairs to the wall, missing basin plug and a partially blocked waste which could have been a disaster. We were offered a bargain breakfast deal upon arrival, which was actually just the continental option. As this was adequate for our needs we too them up on the offer. The experience was spoiled by having to ask twice for tea, which was weak, and butter which was not available on the buffet. I've had better experiences at a Travelodge. Must try harder.

Room Tip: Try the other Radisson around the corner.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Naturally, I am incredibly disappointed to have let you down and that my team and I did not meet your expectation and left you reticent to return to the hotel for which I apologies most profusely.

I am confident that should you return to the hotel we would be able to demonstrate a level of service and hospitality synonymous to your expectation.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime soon.

Hasnain N Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

When we arrived we were upgraded to Business floor & had a beautiful room with £30 worth of drink vouchers. (£15 per night stay). Location is excellent, staff friendly & we will definitely be back. Would highly recommend

• Stayed May 2014
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Dianne Cardwell,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been helpful during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

Kindest regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lovely Boutique hotel, friendly helpful staff. Great location to walk to soho and west end and oxford street. Near Tottenham court road underground, nice cafés on block. Bed very comfortable, nice bathroom. Stayed for 3 nights, definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 5th floor quiet even on street side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear RK52,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

As you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located for exploring London’s landmarks with the British Museum right on the doorstep.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to Bloomsbury Street in the near future.

Kind regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for just one night but will definitely stay again. The room and bathroom was furnished to a high standard. Situated in a perfect location for visiting shops and theatres and very close to the British Museum. Staff were polite and courteous. Breakfast was first class. We certainly could not fault anything about our stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting London who would like a little bit of luxury during their stay.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the hotel and the main road but was not at all noisy. The room was larg...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Long Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you like boutique hotels, you may like this Radisson at Bloomsbury. Beautiful lobby, decor, and room nicely decorated. Location was great. However, the room we had was tiny, I think the same one someone else described with a view of part of a roof or eave with a plant on it. We were originally given a slightly bigger room, but because we were previously asked BY THE HOTEL for preferences, we asked for a room on the street side. They seemed surprised by our reminder that they offered a room on the street side and then gave us the tiny room with a view of the roof. It was in fact on a street side of the hotel, but positioned so you could not see anything, except the plant and some netting, I guess to keep the birds away. Anyway, most of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room and bathroom were very clean. There is another Radisson around the corner, which also seemed very nice, maybe a little larger and fancier. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a large room or a room with a view other than the roof!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The welcoming and the service at this hotel was very good. The receptionist Annie was outstanding and gave us the best service we could ever want. The room was always clean and the atmosphere in the restaurant was nice. The thing to improve is the service at the breakfast, but that is a easy fix :-)

Room Tip: Corner superior ar nice and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennie H
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to London, your patronage is truly appreciated and I hope you enjoyed your time with us.

Feedback such as this is essential to ensure we constantly monitor our standards, and I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us.

I trust others travellers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you and your husband back to the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime in the future.

Kind Regards,

Sammamish, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I chose this Radisson Blu for a London stayover after the business leg of my trip -- staying at Radisson Blus in Finland. It wasn't long after my arrival that I started to realize that this one was different from the others.

Normally, upon checking in to a hotel, I'm asked to either confirm my details on a card/sheet, or write in such details as my US address. Here, I was asked to state aloud my personal home address. I've never had that before -- the same security and privacy concerns that prevent a reception staff member from stating your room number aloud should apply to other such details as my personal home address.

Immediately after checking in, I walked to the lifts. As I was waiting, I saw the indicator lights go dark and then reset. Turns out that they had to reboot the lifts! After another minute, a couple came out and stated they had been stuck. Needless to say, I was concerned, but decided to take a chance.

At checkout, all their systems were down so I was unable to get a copy of my bill.

The room was really nice though! Good air conditioning, very nicely equipped bathroom.

Overall, not up to the "Radisson Blu" standard. I will look for another hotel next time. Just spotty service/operations at this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alan A
Dear Alan,

Your review is quite concerning to the Management Team and we are naturally very disappointed to have let you down. If possible would you kindly contact my Deputy - Xavier Paris on parisx@radisson.com or I, so that we can personally discuss your feedback and resolve it to your complete satisfaction.

We look forward to speaking with you very soon and hope we will be able to assist you further and ensure your future visit with us is to your complete satisfaction.

allooh@radisson.com