“Lovely staff.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #308 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I can walk pretty much everywhere from this location.
The staff were all lovely, Camille and others at reception were very accommodating as was the concierge.
The staff in the restaurant too at both the breakfast and evening meals were very friendly and as I was a woman travelling alone, this was a bonus.
The only problem I had, being a vegetarian, was the menu in the restaurant, as there was no choice whatsoever and I hope they look into this. Also at breakfast, I think a veggie/quorn sausage wouldn't go amiss and maybe a choice of cheeses.
However, I got a good deal which included breakfast and a drink in the evening so I can't complain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hesketh7
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Heskeith7,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team, especially to Camille.

Thank you for the breakfast suggestions which have been forwarded to the Head Chef.

Steak and Lobster concept has indeed fewer options; we can focus on perfecting what we do best: 10oz, dry-aged rib-eye steaks and fresh whole lobsters served on the half-shell however I would recommend you to visit Scoff & Banter, our second restaurant which has a more extended menu.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I came to London to celebrate my 40th Bday.
When we checked in Loukas asked us what are we here for in London. I told him and he said Happy birthday and quietly gave us an upgrade to the room without even mentioning it.
The room was great, the service as well.
The location is the best, we could just walk out and start walking.
I will be happy to visit this hotel again.
Thank u for a lovely vacation.
All the best,
Lili Maylat, Israel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Lili,

Happy belated birthday!!!

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel for your birthday and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team, especially to Lukas.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A really lovely hotel in a great location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend asking for a room facing the street as the outlook of some of the internal rooms isn't great. i will definitely stay here again next visit to London.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rosie H,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.

I was very pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed one night with three friends and we loved the hotel. Very helpful staff, great décor, lovely rooms to a very high standard and a great breakfast. The hotel is in a very good location - we walked from Kings Cross station in the lovely spring sunshine (took about 20 mins). Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TripAdvisorreader,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.

I am delighted to read how much you and your friends enjoyed the experience especially the service from our team and I shall share your comments with them.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is well located and nicely fitted out with a nice range of finishes. Some communal areas are so trendy that the word that comes to mind is dingy. The room was quite small but adequate, however the bathroom was slightly scruffy with peeling sealant, small unfinished repairs to the wall, missing basin plug and a partially blocked waste which could have been a disaster. We were offered a bargain breakfast deal upon arrival, which was actually just the continental option. As this was adequate for our needs we too them up on the offer. The experience was spoiled by having to ask twice for tea, which was weak, and butter which was not available on the buffet. I've had better experiences at a Travelodge. Must try harder.

Room Tip: Try the other Radisson around the corner.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Naturally, I am incredibly disappointed to have let you down and that my team and I did not meet your expectation and left you reticent to return to the hotel for which I apologies most profusely.

I am confident that should you return to the hotel we would be able to demonstrate a level of service and hospitality synonymous to your expectation.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime soon.

Hasnain N Alloo

Reviewed 4 May 2014

When we arrived we were upgraded to Business floor & had a beautiful room with £30 worth of drink vouchers. (£15 per night stay). Location is excellent, staff friendly & we will definitely be back. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Dianne Cardwell,

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been helpful during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lovely Boutique hotel, friendly helpful staff. Great location to walk to soho and west end and oxford street. Near Tottenham court road underground, nice cafés on block. Bed very comfortable, nice bathroom. Stayed for 3 nights, definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 5th floor quiet even on street side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear RK52,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

As you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located for exploring London’s landmarks with the British Museum right on the doorstep.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to Bloomsbury Street in the near future.

Kind regards,