“Tidy, smart small hotel in convenient location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #313 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked this hotel because our friends were staying here already. The hotel was well run with a good bar and reasonable sized and clean rooms. We had breakfast which was excellent but didn't eat in the restaurant, which seemed to have a good menu choice. The location was good for Bloomsbury and the British museum, but was also great for Sho and the West End.
I would certainly reccommend it and would come back and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve D
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Steve D,

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and the service provided by the team.

As you also mentioned, Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street is ideally located for exploring the London landmarks and attractions that can be found within easy reach of the hotel.

It is a shame you did not get the opportunity to try our newly launched Steak & Lobster restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and hope that next time you will be tempted to visit the restaurant, to enjoy dinner or one of our Signature Cocktails.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a wonderful weekend in London to celebrate my wife's special birthday! I've stopped in this hotel many tines on business but this was the first time socially. My wife and I were so pleased when our room was unexpectedly upgraded. All the staff were extremely friendly, the room and all facilities were very high quality and the front desk staff couldn't do enough to help make our stay wonderful. The hotel is in a great location near to Covent Garden, Oxford Street and Regent Stree for all those shopaholics

Dear John A Crouch,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read the positive comments from you.

It is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I am glad that the team have made your day on your wife’s birthday, and I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the them.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I can walk pretty much everywhere from this location.
The staff were all lovely, Camille and others at reception were very accommodating as was the concierge.
The staff in the restaurant too at both the breakfast and evening meals were very friendly and as I was a woman travelling alone, this was a bonus.
The only problem I had, being a vegetarian, was the menu in the restaurant, as there was no choice whatsoever and I hope they look into this. Also at breakfast, I think a veggie/quorn sausage wouldn't go amiss and maybe a choice of cheeses.
However, I got a good deal which included breakfast and a drink in the evening so I can't complain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hesketh7
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Heskeith7,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team, especially to Camille.

Thank you for the breakfast suggestions which have been forwarded to the Head Chef.

Steak and Lobster concept has indeed fewer options; we can focus on perfecting what we do best: 10oz, dry-aged rib-eye steaks and fresh whole lobsters served on the half-shell however I would recommend you to visit Scoff & Banter, our second restaurant which has a more extended menu.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I came to London to celebrate my 40th Bday.
When we checked in Loukas asked us what are we here for in London. I told him and he said Happy birthday and quietly gave us an upgrade to the room without even mentioning it.
The room was great, the service as well.
The location is the best, we could just walk out and start walking.
I will be happy to visit this hotel again.
Thank u for a lovely vacation.
All the best,
Lili Maylat, Israel

Dear Lili,

Happy belated birthday!!!

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel for your birthday and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.

I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team, especially to Lukas.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A really lovely hotel in a great location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend asking for a room facing the street as the outlook of some of the internal rooms isn't great. i will definitely stay here again next visit to London.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rosie H,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.

I was very pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed one night with three friends and we loved the hotel. Very helpful staff, great décor, lovely rooms to a very high standard and a great breakfast. The hotel is in a very good location - we walked from Kings Cross station in the lovely spring sunshine (took about 20 mins). Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear TripAdvisorreader,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street.

I am delighted to read how much you and your friends enjoyed the experience especially the service from our team and I shall share your comments with them.

I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back during your next visit.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is well located and nicely fitted out with a nice range of finishes. Some communal areas are so trendy that the word that comes to mind is dingy. The room was quite small but adequate, however the bathroom was slightly scruffy with peeling sealant, small unfinished repairs to the wall, missing basin plug and a partially blocked waste which could have been a disaster. We were offered a bargain breakfast deal upon arrival, which was actually just the continental option. As this was adequate for our needs we too them up on the offer. The experience was spoiled by having to ask twice for tea, which was weak, and butter which was not available on the buffet. I've had better experiences at a Travelodge. Must try harder.

Room Tip: Try the other Radisson around the corner.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Naturally, I am incredibly disappointed to have let you down and that my team and I did not meet your expectation and left you reticent to return to the hotel for which I apologies most profusely.

I am confident that should you return to the hotel we would be able to demonstrate a level of service and hospitality synonymous to your expectation.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime soon.

Hasnain N Alloo