“Disappointing compared to previous visit”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #316 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel and one of many to Radisson Edwardian hotels, The first time we stayed here we said how nice it was and how it was almost as good as the May Fair which was our number one choice until the room rates rocketed. Firstly the good things - the room was lovely, quiet and spotlessly clean. The receptionists were friendly, welcoming and helpful. Now to the negatives - breakfast was a shambles on all 3 days we were there. On Saturday and Sunday the tables were all piled up with dirty pots and even when they found us a table that had been cleaned I had to go over it with a napkin as it was covered in breadcrumbs. It is not very pleasant eating your breakfast surrounded by left over food. We understand that it was busy, but only about 2 of the breakfast seemed to be doing any work. On the Monday it was very quiet, so we thought it was going to be better. However, the waiters took ages to clear the few tables which had been occupied. I work as a waitress in a much lower category establishment than this and our restaurant is far cleaner and better organised than this one. Finally on the Monday morning we asked for fried eggs which had been cooked perfectly on the Saturday and Sunday. They were like rubber and looked like they had been poached, left in the kitchen and then put in a frying pan. The poor man at the back of us sent his back and got the same thing twice - he tried to dip his bread in the yolk but it was rock solid. We told the waiter the eggs were inedible, but he just said what a pity in French. We would stay at this hotel again, but we would probably give priority to a hotel with a better breakfast next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I am naturally very disappointed that we were unable to demonstrate a level hospitality synonymous to your expectation and very concerned to have let you down.

If possible would you kindly contact my Deputy - Xavier Paris on parisx@radisson.com or I directly so that we can personally deal with your feedback and try to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to speaking with you very soon.

Kind Regards, Hasnain

E: allooh@radisson.com

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed for one night as a family of 4 my daughter 2 grandchildren and myself. We got to hotel late afternoon checked in which was brilliant and dropped bags off and had to go quick as had a concert to go to. Got back to room just after midnight and realised we were a bed short. My daughter went down to desk and mentioned it but he said to come back in morning explained we were only staying the 1 night but was to late to do anything. This wasn't really a problem as we had to have 3 in bed otherwise 1 of us would have had to sleep on floor. It did not spoil are stay here but for the money was a little disappointed but next time would check before we travel. Would love to come back soon and bring my other half he would love it but would have to have the same room the kids did not want to leave :(
Everything about the hotel was excellent from staff, room was amazing and food was excellent.
Would I recommend this hotel, without question one of the finest hotels in the area from a seasoned traveller.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.

Your comments regarding an extra bed is concerning and something that I have asked our central office to look into. The Bloomsbury can only accommodate a maximum of 3 occupant per room, however I believe due to an error via a 3rd party website your booking of 4 occupants was confirmed.

Nevertheless, I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and the hospitality we pride ourselves in and I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to London.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

If you are staying in London ...you wont go far wrong staying here .....we had a suite on the 5th floor .....absolutely beautiful room .....great views of the British Museum from the lounge .....which had a sofa and dining table etc ....beautifully furnished and decorated

Our bedroom had a large tub bath at the bottom of the huge king sized bed ......bathroom had a massive walk in shower .....I couldn't fault a thing.

we stayed on a b&b basis and the breakfast was one of the best I have come across .....although buffet style .....the chap behind the counter did an excellent job of replenishing everything immediately .....good job chap !!

check I and check out was seamless ......brilliant .....already planning an xmas trip to London and will definitely be staying here

Room Tip: If your budget can stretch to it ....get a suite
1  Thank petemcgrath

Dear Pete,

It is with great delight to read that you were able to experience one of our stylish suites, I am sure you will agree that having a sweeping view across the Bloomsbury skyline to the columns of the British Museum is always a soothing retreat!  I hope you had time to enjoy the free standing bath we offer in the main room and waterfall shower in our well-equipped Sicilian marble bathroom.

I encourage our guests to contact Kim Fraser who heads up the Guest Relations Team for both Bloomsbury Street and Kenilworth Hotels, to ensure guest's stay is to their complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Extremely friendly and charming hotel personnel, we had not expected this in a business hotel in London. Lovely rooms - spacious, in modern colours and with great amenities. The breakfast was also delicious. Great value for money.

Room Tip: 3026 - large bathroom, great colours, superb view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Gerda_G69,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been very helpful during your stay.
I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the team!

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Having received a gift of tickets to a show for my wifes birthday, we booked a room for just 1 night mid week; expensive but we both really enjoyed our experience.
It all started with an excellent reception on check in from Lukas, What a fantastic ambassador he is for the Radisson Blu brand! And when he found out we were celebrating a birthday gave us both complimentary breakfasts and followed up with a phone call to our room to check we were happy.
Our room on the 3rd floor was quiet, comfortable and clean, maybe quiet because we were at the back of the hotel not facing a street but a private courtyard of adjacent apartments.
When we returned to the hotel just before 10.30 pm we were welcomed to the restaurant and bar and were served by lovely friendly staff and our rib eye steaks were delicious.
At breakfast service was again excellent. Nothing to fault except a bit pricey but perfectly positioned for Covent Garden and nearby theatres and bars.

Dear Robert W,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read the positive comments from you.

It is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed and it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

I am glad that the team have made your day on your wife’s birthday, and I will certainly pass on your positive comments to them, especially to Lukas.

I look forward to your return to Bloomsbury Street!

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great hotel, lovely breakfast and staff all nice and very helpful. Our only issue was that we booked the upgrated business rooms on floor 7, and the web site said you get vouchers for the bar, fruit in the lobly free wifi and movies. However we were informed upon arrival that because we booked though an agent that this did not apply., The agent (internet site) made no mention of this and it did not state in the web site.

However it was soon put right by a manager and we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and you were very happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

I would also like to apologise for the misunderstanding regarding the packages we offer and I am glad that we rectified the matter straight away.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed a week at the hotel during a business trip. Hotel concierge and staff were pleasant and cheerful. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. A pleasant stay and no hassles which is what you want on a business trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear NotifyCalifornia,

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the team have been helpful during your stay.

Xavier Paris