“Blommin Mediocre”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #309 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Room cocked-up on arrival (3 beds for a clearly booked family of 4), moved to another room after much convincing to get them to agree that I wouldn't have booked 3 beds for 4 people and their attempts to move us to another hotel! When moved, shoddy room service (but in fairness, decent housekeeping responsiveness). Breakfast service, my my, what a miserable, loud bunch (was there a staff competition on to see who could stack the most leftover dishes next to my table then make as much clanging and cutlery dropping noise as possible? - if so, there was a draw amongst 3 staff! Such a shame, great potential for this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Erik S
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Further to your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you kindly took the time to post on Tripadvisor.

Whilst I personally believe your review is unfair, I must apologies that we were unable to demonstrate a level of service and hospitality synonymous to your expectation and can only wish we were able to meet your expectation.

Having spoken to the team, I understand Joseph Mugabo - Reception Manager on Duty dealt with your concerns professionally and therefore I take this matter closed.

I would however like to clarify the following points:

Your booking was received via a third party website for a family room. The Bloomsbury Street Hotel offers family rooms with a maximum occupancy for 3 guests only - This has been indicated in our brand and third party websites. All family/triple occupancy rooms are accommodated with a roll away bed which to date I have had no negative comments on.

As I understand, your booking was upgraded to a Studio Suite and to our Exclusive Floor on a complimentary basis which normally has a supplementary charge of GBP150 per night. The front of house team also offered complimentary drinks in the bar which I believe was accepted and consumed.

May I take this opportunity to wish you the very best and can only hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is really conveniently located for Covent Garden & the West End. A really great location.

Upon arrival the first impressions were great, the lobby is very striking & the staff were friendly & attentive.

The double room, although comfortable & very nicely decorated was so small that R2D2 would get claustrophobic panic attacks and as such did not have enough space for a standard double bed.

Breakfast was a self service buffet & the selection of both hot & cold food was excellent. However, the tables were so closely packed in that it was difficult not to become acquainted with fellow dinners, despite our expert training from manoeuvring through our cosy single & a half room! As if this wasn't bad enough the service was very hit & miss...we had to ask every time we needed a top up of tea or coffee & the waiters attention was generally anywhere but with the customers.

The overall stay was still good, with welcoming front of house staff & a high standard of decor & comfort. We were lucky enough to have this room for free through loyalty points. I would have been very disappointed if we had paid rack rates for the room & it would be nice to see loyal customers being treated a little better.

• Stayed: June 2014
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Maya,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am sorry that you found our location not to your complete satisfaction, although we are located in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Soho.

The shops of Oxford Street are close by, and just 50 metres down the road the delights of the British Museum. Tottenham Court Road on the Central and Northern Lines are less then 3 minutes walk to the hotel.

Size of rooms can be challenging depending on the room type booked, although the Bloomsbury offers between 8 to 10 sq sq meters on Standard Category and 10 to 12sq meters in our superior category. May I suggest that on your next visit your experience our Deluxe King Rooms which are generously spacious and worthy of the title. Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, our deluxe rooms also include: Luxury bathrobe, Complimentary bottled mineral water, Complimentary movie every night of your stay, Complimentary WIFI and a complimentary drink at the bar subject to rates booked and conditions.

I encourage our guests to contact our Guest Relations Team, who oversee all reservations for the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street and Kenilworth Hotels, to ensure our guest's stay is to their complete satisfaction.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and I sincerely hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed over night on a business trip. Check-in was quick and friendly. Stayed in a Kingsize room. Bed was extremely comfortable, I didn't want to get out of it! Shower was amazing and bathroom products had a spa like scent. Slippers were wonderfully comfortable.

Breakfast was good with a lovely selection of hot and cold delights. Lemon and poppy seed muffin was delicious and a lovely selection of fruits.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nai,

Thank you for your kind comments and for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel, it is hugely gratifying to read your comments and I shall ensure to shared them with the entire team.

I am not sure if you had the opportunity to experience various art displays throughout the hotel? especially around the reception area? please do on your next visit and take a look at the impressive backdrop behind the pods, where within a polished resin you will see what gives the impression of a wall of glass seats overlaid a copy of the "original manuscript" of the novel in the author’s own handwriting! This is by brothers “Ian and Richard Able”. Using the Virginia Woolf and Bloomsbury connection as inspiration, the artists had set the pages of Mrs Dalloway – a novel she wrote in 1925.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Average, beige, uninteresting corporate hotel in fine old building and great location but wheezing air con, soap bolted to the wall, expensive bar service.
This sort of tourist hotel gives the great city a bad name.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Feedback such as this, although uncomfortable reading is essential to ensure we address areas of concern, and whilst your review does not allow me to look into anything specific, may I ask that you contact me directly so that I can personally deal with your feedback and try to resolve it to your complete satisfaction.

The Bloomsbury Street Hotel offers 174 rooms and suites including an Exclusive floor. The Hotel underwent a total refurbishment of £25 million pounds just 3 years ago, our bedrooms have been designed specifically and accented by calming, muted shades & plush, tactile fabrics to allow our guests to enjoyed luxury in the heart of London’s west end!

I look forward to speaking with you very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Obsessed with this hotel -- so much so that I've stayed here 4 times since July 2013 to now! It's my go to London hotel (see previous reviews) because of the fantastic location, the spacious rooms (I usually get the deluxe king) and the huge, gorgeous bathrooms.

I got a free upgrade for being a frequent visitor this year to a business room and it was large and lovely. My usual room (6014 I think?) which is the one I've stayed in the past 3 visits is a good size with lots of natural sunlight, whereas this one was kind of dark and faced other rooms instead of Bloomsbury St/The British Museum. It was still wonderful though -- had a couch and a coffee table and extra books/magazines!

Great stay, will definitely be back.

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality.

I will be delighted to share your review with the Hotel teams, as its always gratifying when staff efforts are acknowledge by our guests.

I encourage our guests to contact the Guest Relations Teams who oversee all reservations for the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and Kenilworth Hotels, to ensure our guest's stay is to their complete satisfaction.

I can not thank you enough for the time taken for such a detailed review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel last weekend. Found the entire experience, from checking in to checking out the be good. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms are nice and the bar and restaurant have a good atmosphere and nice design.

The location of the hotel is very central, with plenty of tube stations close by.

I would be happy to recommend this hotel to people travelling into the region.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bloomsbury Street Hotel for your recent stay in London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I was thrilled to read that the location proved to be a big hit as well as the hotel itself, we always strive to exceed our guest expectations and reading your review confirms that we were able to do just that!

My team and I very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night with a friend for her birthday treat. We had a slight problem at the start, as I had booked a double or twin room on a Internet site and sent a message in the booking,requesting it to be a twin room as I was staying with a friend. When we checked in the receptionist advised we would be in a double room. I told her that I had requested a twin but she said they had not received that, even though I could show her the email. I explained I did not want to stay in a double room and she informed me that there was no twins rooms left but we could stay in a larger room and they could put an extra bed in there for a charge of £50. I was not happy to pay this and the receptionist was very unhelpful, so we decided to take the allocated room. When we went to the room we realised the room was far too small and there was no way we could stay in a double bed. I went back to reception and the receptionist again was very unhelpful and asked me to pay £50. I asked to speak with the manager. I must say the manager was very helpful and offered a kingsize room for no extra charge, I accepted this.

The hotel was lovely and the room very clean. The bathroom was a little small but had everything you need. It was an excellent location and we found it easy to walk to convent garden. I would of given the hotel a 5 star rating, if it wasn't for the receptionist being very unhelpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel, and for sharing your experience on this site.

Being in hospitality, guest experience is at the heart of everything we do and I was taken aback and sorry to read that you had some challenges on your arrival but glad that the Manager on Duty was able to assist you.

In some cases bookings received via 3rd party websites do not guarantee room types such as Twin or double and are subject to availability on arrival. I would suggest on your next visit you book directly with us to ensure your room type in guaranteed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.