“radisson edwardian”

Ranked #289 of 1,088 Hotels in London
london, United Kingdom
“radisson edwardian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

its central london so the room wasn't massive, but loaction was great. good value for money. Breakfast was part of the deal or £21 seemed expensive. saw negative reviews but was not put off. Hotel is fine fpr a central london location with covent garden and soho just a short walk.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Stephen W,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

As you mentioned, the hotel is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the Radisson as a birthday suprise. Our room was fantastic, very modern, clean and well equip, I was even greeted with a birthday cake and card compliments of the hotel. Great start.

We were given a £15 drink voucher per night which worryingly wouldn't even get us a drink each unless it was a shot. But never the less shared and enjoyed the free cocktail.

Breakfast was lovely, sometimes cold but waiters quick to help! Everything was absolutely beautiful.

However! At the end of our stay we were told our outstanding balance was over £100 purely in hidden costs and our "free movies" that clearly wernt free. Luckily my partner is a lawyer and managed to talk his way out of all of the payments but I would be careful if your not good at haggling as you may get ripped off after a very enjoyable stay, it nearly ruined our whole experience

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chloe O
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Hasnain N. Alloo
Kettering, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Positive good location & friendly staff.
Negatives - deluxe room booked bathroom and bedroom decor was tired.
Hard bed. Asked for quiet room but got a room above the air conditioning units. Asked for a room moved but was informed hotel was full.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dave T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

With regards to the décor, we regularly inspect every room and have an ongoing soft refurbishment program in place to make sure that the bedrooms are always maintained to the highest standards.

I was very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with the noise and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and I would request that you contact me prior to your next visit to allow me to make sure that your stay is 100% to your satisfaction.

parisx@radisson.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I visited London with my girlfriend and stayed in this hotel for 8 nights. O picked this hotel after reading positive reviews on trip advisor.
We were very pleased with the hotel. It ia very clean and quite and it is in the center of London. Many attractions xan be reached by the buses. The Covent Garden is within 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Also the British Museum is a one minute walk and can be seen from the hotel. Many restaurants and cafés are close with variety of tasts.
Overall the hotel is clean and i highly recommend anyone who don't care about luxury and show off to choose this hotel.
This was my first trip to London and whenever i plan to go to London again i will stay in this same hotel for sure.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Hasnain N. Alloo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I choose this hotel for a 5 night stay as it is in a great location just off Oxford Street and short walk to Covent Garden and SOHO as well as the trendy cafes/restaurants in the Bloomsbury area.

I was a little apprehensive after reading some negative reviews on this site but everything was put at ease upon check in.

Staff were courteous, polite and very helpful in recommending theatre shows and things to do. Concierge and front desk were all very forthcoming with directions and how to get to different areas of London.

My room was ‘compact’ with the bed taking up most of the space and just enough room to walk around and place two suitcases next to the desk beside the bed. However the bathroom was nearly as big as the sleeping quarters. I would have been happier with a smaller bathroom/toilet and larger sleeping environment.

The rooms were very clean and equipped with tea/coffee facilities/mini bar/ safe. There is a sign on the minibar to advise that any items moved will automatically be billed to the room. I guess the electronic minibar is not a great system as I put in a few bottles of water in to chill and was worried that I would be billed for this. (it did not come up on the check out bill so I guess I did not have to worry)

Overall great stay and great location

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with good sunlight as some of the rooms face a side street and can be dark
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Max Spark,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

As you also mentioned the room you stayed in was not one of our largest rooms being a standard double room however, should you wish to stay with us again, I would advise you to book one of our Superior or Deluxe rooms which are more spacious.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have recently stayed their for 5 nights visiting london for work. Room was overall smaller than expected for other Radisson hotels in London, however, it made up for it in cleaning department and a spacious bathroom, not to forget great location. If I had to suggest an improvement, it would be the assortment of light snacks. Mostly it was beverages but not much healthy to eat for a quick bite. When one has been walking around london, it is nice to eat a biscuit or two while recuperating in your hotel room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Huma J,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in early August 2014 during a weekend break. The staff were extremely helpful and polite, the room was nicely decorated and well appointed and, best of all, the location is excellent for getting around London (5 minute walk from covent garden, 2 minute walk from Tottenham Court Road tube station. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear S W,

Thank you for such a lovely review.

I was very pleased to read the positive comments about the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the soon and thank you for recommending the hotel.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager