“Good but could be better!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #316 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife during a weekend break to London.Stayed in a King size deluxe room which was adequate in size with a decent sized bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and housekeeping very good, the room was always clean, neat and tidy. The room lacked a dressing table which my wife found to be a hindrance when she was getting ready to go out, she had to make do with the table in the window which was not the ideal solution. Ideally the room should have a dressing table with a mirror for this purpose? Our biggest gripe was the layout of the restaurant at breakfast time, the actual breakfast food was very good but it was never relaxing or enjoyable due to the layout of the tables.The room did not appear big enough for the amount of people eating there and consequently it seemed chaotic at all times. A particularly bad spot were the tables placed right alongside the actual buffet area, impossible to enjoy a leisurely breakfast with a constant line of people on top of you?! Obviously space is limited so perhaps the bar lounge area should be utilised to ease the problem? Apart from the crazy layout the service at breakfast was another problem, we had to ask each morning for tea or coffee, it was never offered to us and it really was a nuisance to have to climb over tables to find a server! We also found that tables were never cleared quickly enough which added to the congestion each morning. You need to be careful with the prices in the bar, a smirnoff and lemonade and a pint of lager came to £17!!! This included 12.5% service charge, this especially is a rip off as the service consisted of serving me a drink at the bar, not even table service!! I noticed on the drinks menu that the vodka was served as a double, I don't understand this policy of having to specifically request a single shot, can only assume its to double the profit margin? Overall the hotel is good and I would rate it at 3.5 stars if possible but the poor breakfast experience and price of drinks left a damper on our experience. the hotel is in a great location and we would stay here again but would book room only as you can get a full english breakfast for about £6 at nearby cafes!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DerJill
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

its central london so the room wasn't massive, but loaction was great. good value for money. Breakfast was part of the deal or £21 seemed expensive. saw negative reviews but was not put off. Hotel is fine fpr a central london location with covent garden and soho just a short walk.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Stephen W,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

As you mentioned, the hotel is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the Radisson as a birthday suprise. Our room was fantastic, very modern, clean and well equip, I was even greeted with a birthday cake and card compliments of the hotel. Great start.

We were given a £15 drink voucher per night which worryingly wouldn't even get us a drink each unless it was a shot. But never the less shared and enjoyed the free cocktail.

Breakfast was lovely, sometimes cold but waiters quick to help! Everything was absolutely beautiful.

However! At the end of our stay we were told our outstanding balance was over £100 purely in hidden costs and our "free movies" that clearly wernt free. Luckily my partner is a lawyer and managed to talk his way out of all of the payments but I would be careful if your not good at haggling as you may get ripped off after a very enjoyable stay, it nearly ruined our whole experience

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chloe O

Dear Reviewer

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Positive good location & friendly staff.
Negatives - deluxe room booked bathroom and bedroom decor was tired.
Hard bed. Asked for quiet room but got a room above the air conditioning units. Asked for a room moved but was informed hotel was full.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dave T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

With regards to the décor, we regularly inspect every room and have an ongoing soft refurbishment program in place to make sure that the bedrooms are always maintained to the highest standards.

I was very sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with the noise and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience caused.

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth and I would request that you contact me prior to your next visit to allow me to make sure that your stay is 100% to your satisfaction.

parisx@radisson.com

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I visited London with my girlfriend and stayed in this hotel for 8 nights. O picked this hotel after reading positive reviews on trip advisor.
We were very pleased with the hotel. It ia very clean and quite and it is in the center of London. Many attractions xan be reached by the buses. The Covent Garden is within 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Also the British Museum is a one minute walk and can be seen from the hotel. Many restaurants and cafés are close with variety of tasts.
Overall the hotel is clean and i highly recommend anyone who don't care about luxury and show off to choose this hotel.
This was my first trip to London and whenever i plan to go to London again i will stay in this same hotel for sure.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I choose this hotel for a 5 night stay as it is in a great location just off Oxford Street and short walk to Covent Garden and SOHO as well as the trendy cafes/restaurants in the Bloomsbury area.

I was a little apprehensive after reading some negative reviews on this site but everything was put at ease upon check in.

Staff were courteous, polite and very helpful in recommending theatre shows and things to do. Concierge and front desk were all very forthcoming with directions and how to get to different areas of London.

My room was ‘compact’ with the bed taking up most of the space and just enough room to walk around and place two suitcases next to the desk beside the bed. However the bathroom was nearly as big as the sleeping quarters. I would have been happier with a smaller bathroom/toilet and larger sleeping environment.

The rooms were very clean and equipped with tea/coffee facilities/mini bar/ safe. There is a sign on the minibar to advise that any items moved will automatically be billed to the room. I guess the electronic minibar is not a great system as I put in a few bottles of water in to chill and was worried that I would be billed for this. (it did not come up on the check out bill so I guess I did not have to worry)

Overall great stay and great location

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with good sunlight as some of the rooms face a side street and can be dark
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Max Spark,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

As you also mentioned the room you stayed in was not one of our largest rooms being a standard double room however, should you wish to stay with us again, I would advise you to book one of our Superior or Deluxe rooms which are more spacious.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have recently stayed their for 5 nights visiting london for work. Room was overall smaller than expected for other Radisson hotels in London, however, it made up for it in cleaning department and a spacious bathroom, not to forget great location. If I had to suggest an improvement, it would be the assortment of light snacks. Mostly it was beverages but not much healthy to eat for a quick bite. When one has been walking around london, it is nice to eat a biscuit or two while recuperating in your hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Huma J,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Kenilworth.

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.