“Great location”

Ranked #305 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated in a great location with lots within walking distance. The staff are very friendly and room was to a high standard if I had to be picky about anything the bathroom needed a coat of paint as was coming off in patches, only picking up on this as the price you pay for the rooms I'd like to have seen perfection. But other than that very small detail. Perfect.

• Stayed August 2014
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Alesund, Norway
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Exclusive standard. A bit small, but very nice room. Good breakfast. Most important, close to the big shopping street, oxford street. Everything is within walking distance from the hotel. Expencive hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Somerset, England
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were very happy with all aspects of Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street London. the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room nicely decorated with plenty of space and well equipped. the bathroom was spacious and clean with all the little extras you may need (shampoo/conditioner/shower gel etc). We were given a 50% off voucher for breakfast (£12 after discount) which was very good, quality ingredients well cooked and good choice, not exactly cheap but not extortionate either. We had dinner there once...they offer 10 oz rip eye steak with unlimited fries/salad or lobster for £20, we had the steak which was lovely. the only downside we found was the drinks were ridiculously expensive 1 southern comfort and lemonade cost £11.95 and £10 for a glass of wine! suffice to say we only had 1 drink! despite that minor grumble though we would definitely stay there again. . Location is super, close to Oxford street and a short walk into Leicester square/China town etc, nearest tube station is Tottenham court rd..a 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: on a higher floor away from lifts
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Barry Wales
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I booked this hotel for a work trip to London. It was a very stylish Hotel and the room we had was fine, although the floor was very uneven which meant putting things on the table like a glass of water was risky as the table was at quite a slope. The bathroom was very good with a wonderful shower. The bed was very comfortable. The room could have done with better soundproofing as I could hear everyone who passed my room and happened to be talking. I say this because I am quite deaf but could still hear it. Also a friend had a room on the same corridor as myself and when checking into the room found someone in there. they turned out to be a painter who was touching up the paint work. This meant that not only did she have the worry of wet paint in her room but the smell of it as well. The room that breakfast was served in was very crowded and the tables very close together. Which made did hard to move around and with it being a buffet style breakfast everyone needed to be able to move around. On both morning I had to wait 20mins before I managed to get a coffee with my breakfast and both times I had to asked find a waiter to ask. I would have not minded any of this but the price of the breakfast was quite expensive.

Room Tip: Not sure about how to choose a good room but don't bother with the breakfast
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Centerport, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel late after a full day of traveling. We first went to their sister hotel across the street where we were greeted with a smile, offered water and directed across the street. The concierge must have seen the exhaustion we were feeling and gave us two large bottles of water before leaving. Really Nice.
At our location, we again received a welcoming greeting. My friend checked in and I sat down on some rather interesting benches while information was exchanged. We went to our room which was rather small.
Later that evening we asked if we could have a larger room. They said they would see what was available in the morning and to just leave our bags by the door.
How nice!
When we arrived back after touring the next day we had our room changed just has promised. Our new room was much larger, had double sinks, great shower, bath robes and a Nespresso machine. Very comfortable!

I wanted to give this hotel an excellent rating but several things stuck out.

1. When signing in I sat down on one of several benches around the lobby and when I sat there again I was told they were not for sitting and directed to the large square upholstered piece in another area. Very inconvenient. Maybe some comfortable sofas or even some benches that a weary traveler could sit in would be a better option.

2. The hotel lobby was dark, seem not to have a cohesive style and the furniture and accessories did not seem to blend. Their beautiful chandeliers could be used as an inspiration when decorating as they could go with any style. Additional lighting would also brighten up the lobby.

3. Breakfast was an expensive and the room seemed crowded so we chose to eat elsewhere.

With some changes this hotel has the potential to be Great. Customer Service is so much a part of the experience and they have it!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Booked this hotel as a surprise for my sisters 40th and the 3 of us (me, mum & sister) stayed in a family room. The room was plenty big enough for the 3 of us even with a fold out bed added and we were located on the corner of the buiding so had a great view. It is classed as Covent Garden hotel and is about a 10 minute walk away from covent garden square and less than 5 minutes walk from Tottenham Court Road tube. The staff were great and definitely made our stay more enjoyable. Without a doubt we would book to stay in this hotel again and would reccommend to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my wife during a weekend break to London.Stayed in a King size deluxe room which was adequate in size with a decent sized bathroom. Bed was very comfortable and housekeeping very good, the room was always clean, neat and tidy. The room lacked a dressing table which my wife found to be a hindrance when she was getting ready to go out, she had to make do with the table in the window which was not the ideal solution. Ideally the room should have a dressing table with a mirror for this purpose? Our biggest gripe was the layout of the restaurant at breakfast time, the actual breakfast food was very good but it was never relaxing or enjoyable due to the layout of the tables.The room did not appear big enough for the amount of people eating there and consequently it seemed chaotic at all times. A particularly bad spot were the tables placed right alongside the actual buffet area, impossible to enjoy a leisurely breakfast with a constant line of people on top of you?! Obviously space is limited so perhaps the bar lounge area should be utilised to ease the problem? Apart from the crazy layout the service at breakfast was another problem, we had to ask each morning for tea or coffee, it was never offered to us and it really was a nuisance to have to climb over tables to find a server! We also found that tables were never cleared quickly enough which added to the congestion each morning. You need to be careful with the prices in the bar, a smirnoff and lemonade and a pint of lager came to £17!!! This included 12.5% service charge, this especially is a rip off as the service consisted of serving me a drink at the bar, not even table service!! I noticed on the drinks menu that the vodka was served as a double, I don't understand this policy of having to specifically request a single shot, can only assume its to double the profit margin? Overall the hotel is good and I would rate it at 3.5 stars if possible but the poor breakfast experience and price of drinks left a damper on our experience. the hotel is in a great location and we would stay here again but would book room only as you can get a full english breakfast for about £6 at nearby cafes!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DerJill
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.