“Excellent”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #308 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed at Radisson for 2 nights on short London break. Walked from Euston, about 20mins, very good location, walking distance of Chinatown, West End and Soho. Very comfortable stay, rooms are fairly compact but very comfortable beds and great décor and you are only sleeping in them so are fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I booked the Superior room for this break (my daughter's 21st) as I thought, looking at the photographs on the website, that it was a nicer room than the standard rooms that I have previously stayed in. I was quite surprised that the difference between the standard and superior rooms were that the superior room was a couple of feet bigger. Décor and style of room totally different to the photographs on the website. I did returned to the front desk to query the room but was told that is a superior room and that was my booking. My bed was like sleeping on a bag of spanners.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

I am naturally very disappointed that we were unable to demonstrate a level hospitality synonymous to your expectation and very concerned to have let you down.

If possible would you kindly contact my Deputy - Xavier Paris or I directly so that we can personally deal with your feedback and try to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to speaking with you very soon.

Kind Regards, Hasnain

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is situated in a great location with lots within walking distance. The staff are very friendly and room was to a high standard if I had to be picky about anything the bathroom needed a coat of paint as was coming off in patches, only picking up on this as the price you pay for the rooms I'd like to have seen perfection. But other than that very small detail. Perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Exclusive standard. A bit small, but very nice room. Good breakfast. Most important, close to the big shopping street, oxford street. Everything is within walking distance from the hotel. Expencive hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We were very happy with all aspects of Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street London. the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room nicely decorated with plenty of space and well equipped. the bathroom was spacious and clean with all the little extras you may need (shampoo/conditioner/shower gel etc). We were given a 50% off voucher for breakfast (£12 after discount) which was very good, quality ingredients well cooked and good choice, not exactly cheap but not extortionate either. We had dinner there once...they offer 10 oz rip eye steak with unlimited fries/salad or lobster for £20, we had the steak which was lovely. the only downside we found was the drinks were ridiculously expensive 1 southern comfort and lemonade cost £11.95 and £10 for a glass of wine! suffice to say we only had 1 drink! despite that minor grumble though we would definitely stay there again. . Location is super, close to Oxford street and a short walk into Leicester square/China town etc, nearest tube station is Tottenham court rd..a 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: on a higher floor away from lifts
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I booked this hotel for a work trip to London. It was a very stylish Hotel and the room we had was fine, although the floor was very uneven which meant putting things on the table like a glass of water was risky as the table was at quite a slope. The bathroom was very good with a wonderful shower. The bed was very comfortable. The room could have done with better soundproofing as I could hear everyone who passed my room and happened to be talking. I say this because I am quite deaf but could still hear it. Also a friend had a room on the same corridor as myself and when checking into the room found someone in there. they turned out to be a painter who was touching up the paint work. This meant that not only did she have the worry of wet paint in her room but the smell of it as well. The room that breakfast was served in was very crowded and the tables very close together. Which made did hard to move around and with it being a buffet style breakfast everyone needed to be able to move around. On both morning I had to wait 20mins before I managed to get a coffee with my breakfast and both times I had to asked find a waiter to ask. I would have not minded any of this but the price of the breakfast was quite expensive.

Room Tip: Not sure about how to choose a good room but don't bother with the breakfast
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel late after a full day of traveling. We first went to their sister hotel across the street where we were greeted with a smile, offered water and directed across the street. The concierge must have seen the exhaustion we were feeling and gave us two large bottles of water before leaving. Really Nice.
At our location, we again received a welcoming greeting. My friend checked in and I sat down on some rather interesting benches while information was exchanged. We went to our room which was rather small.
Later that evening we asked if we could have a larger room. They said they would see what was available in the morning and to just leave our bags by the door.
How nice!
When we arrived back after touring the next day we had our room changed just has promised. Our new room was much larger, had double sinks, great shower, bath robes and a Nespresso machine. Very comfortable!

I wanted to give this hotel an excellent rating but several things stuck out.

1. When signing in I sat down on one of several benches around the lobby and when I sat there again I was told they were not for sitting and directed to the large square upholstered piece in another area. Very inconvenient. Maybe some comfortable sofas or even some benches that a weary traveler could sit in would be a better option.

2. The hotel lobby was dark, seem not to have a cohesive style and the furniture and accessories did not seem to blend. Their beautiful chandeliers could be used as an inspiration when decorating as they could go with any style. Additional lighting would also brighten up the lobby.

3. Breakfast was an expensive and the room seemed crowded so we chose to eat elsewhere.

With some changes this hotel has the potential to be Great. Customer Service is so much a part of the experience and they have it!

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family