“Great location, beautiful hotel, excellent service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #297 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London
“Great location, beautiful hotel, excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

We stayed at the hotel for a birthday night out in London, the location was absolutely ideal and easy to find. Close to the tube, shopping and great venues.

The room was beautiful and despite being on the corner of a busy street, really quiet.

The staff were really pleasant and very helpful and even lent us a knife to cut the birthday cake with Happy Birthday wishes.

We had drinks in the bar before we went out, which was reasonable for London and the full buffet breakfast the next morning was very tasty with a large selection of choice.

Thanks very much for making our stay fantastic.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank R2011
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 23 June 2010
Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking a few monent's to leave sucha fantastic review regarding your recent visit to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel - it was great to read that we made your Birthday so special - and I agree with you regarding the Breakfast - a huge buffet with lots of choice and you can eat as much as you want - the perfect way to start the day!
I do hope we have the opportunioty to welcome you back in the near future,
Neil Duffen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Norwich, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Stayed for only one night (not enough) in a standard room. Room was a good size for London and beautifully furnished. We didn't have much of an outlook, but this didn't really matter as only a short stay. The main bonus of this hotel, in addition to its plush and spotless interior is its location. You are within 5 mins walking to Oxford St, 10 to Old Bond st and I guess 5-10 mins for all the theatres of the west end. The British Museum is also right on its doorstep. Overall a great stay, in a lovely hotel in a fab location. Will definitely be staying here for our next show break. Oh and went to see Warhorse at the New London Theatre-AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HannahNorwich_UK
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at the Bloomsbury St Hotel - I have to agree - it is the best location in London!
It's the perfect spot to shop along Oxford St in the morning, have a cocktail at the hotel in the afternoon and then enjoy a great show in the evening before heading back to the hotel for a night cap - couldn't be better!
If I can be of any assistance regarding your future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
longford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Hotel was fantastic, from the lovely exterior to the lovely scent when you walk into the lobby! Greeted by a porter and had our bags held for us while we checked in, the man at reception was extremely polite and helpful and upgraded our room to a kingsize. We had a speedy check in and took our bags to our room on the second floor, Now after looking at numerous hotels online in london...i wasnt getting my hopes up because to be honest id seen some very awful places for outrageous money...but when i stepped out of the elevator you could feel the quality in the carpets alone, once we stepped inside our room i had a huge sigh of relief because the room was just a gorgeous as it looks in the pics on the website! (now it did cost us roughly €200 a night...which i thought was acceptable for london and for the hotels location! Its literally just around the corner from the tottenham court tube station!) The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and modern, theres only 2 minor set backs and they were 1. Seemed to be a nice amt of traffic noise at round 6am but on the second night i cud barely notice this, and 2. the food i got from room service was just okay. But the room alone makes me give this hotel 100%. Oh and the bar downstairs was extremely comfy and we got some lovely cocktails and relaxed on our last night there Looking forward to staying here again in the near future! ;) Thanks

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
May I offer my sincere gratitude for your wonderful review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel - it really is a special palce to both stay(and work!) and we take great pride in offering only best level of service to all our clients!
Perhaps next time you would have the opportunity to try Afternoon Tea? It's a scrumptious feast that is very reasonably priced!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

Great, personable front line staff were always available to cater to our needs and answer questions. The hotel looks like it has been recently renovated with a modern sensibility, from lobby to restaurant to hallways to rooms. The rooms are small but well thought out. Bathrooms are clean and include rain shower heads! Located in Bloomsbury, about a 1/2 block from the British Museum, my parents in their late seventies were easily able to walk to the Thames, Leicester Square, Chinatown and Oxford St. Free wifi was a plus. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry C
Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking a moment to leave such a wonderful review of the Radisson Bloomsbury St hotel!
I was very happy to read that your parents had found the location of the hotel so convenient - there really isn't a better location in London! I do hope that when you return to the hotel you will have the opportunity to enjoy dinner in our fabulous restaurant - the menu is very seasonal, the dishes are the best of British and very reasonably priced!
If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know,
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Great location, lovely hotel, good price. I got in at 11 PM and had to leave at 4:45 AM to catch a train. The guy at reception did everything he could to make my short stay as pleasant as possible. He got me a coffee and a croissant although they were not serving breakfast at 4:30 AM, organized a minicab to take me to the train station, etc... without me asking. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Much better than many other hotels in London.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank malfo
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 17 June 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and commenting on the great service you recieved from a member of our night team,we do pride ourselves on offering the best service in London - 24 hours a day!
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel and hopefully next time your arrival will be a little earlier so you can have the pleasure of sampling our 'Cocktail of the Week' !
If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

Just one word - Fantastic

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel and throughly enjoyed our stay. Whilst offering great value for money the hotel provides lush contempary surroundings in a great location. We've never stayed in London overnight before but would jump at the chance to return to this hotel. A real credit to the Radisson chain!!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Yoggie14
Dear Traveller,
May I offer my sincere gratitude for your wonderul comment's regarding your recent stay at the Bloomsbury St Hotel - as you quite rightly point out the hotel is amazing value for money and we pride oursleves on offering the best, most personal service in London!
Kind regards
Lisbon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

I will definitely choose this hotel for my next visits to London. The location is very central and the staff very helpful. The staff at te reception were very helpful. The rooms are clean and modern.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MitchLisbon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to the Bloomsbury St Hotel - and thank you for singing the praises of the front line team who work here - they are our most important employees as they deliver the high levels of service that we promise! Perhaps next time you would care to relax in the Bloomsbury St bar and enjoy a cocktail (or two!) or afternoon tea? Both are delightful!
If I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Kind regards