“Great Location, friendly staff, comfortable room - recommended”

Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #319 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Was in London for a 2 day training course and wanted somewhere close to the venue so chose this hotel.
Arrived half an hour before official check-in time, but was given the key to my room straight away, which was very welcome. The room was a reasonable size - certainly bigger than others I have stayed in in London and with plenty of room for hanging clothes. Modern fittings and a spotlessly clean, modern bathroom, with bath and over-bath shower.
Didn't really spend much time in the room as the course went on until after 10pm, but it was comfortable (and the quiet air-conditioning was very welcome). The only problem I had was the noise of traffic outside which woke me several times in the night in spite of the double-glazing. I wondered if there was something wrong with the double-glazing but when I opened the window in the morning I realised that it was blocking out some of the noise - it's just that the location is a busy part of London.
The shower was hot and efficient, plenty of towels, nice smelling shower gel etc.
Friendly staff on check-in and check-out.
I would certainly go back here. Wish it was a bit cheaper, but that's what you have to pay for such a central location, I guess ...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CuriousTravellerYork
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel - we do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users.
We do always try to have the room ready for when the guest arrives, even if it is before the 3pm check in time. If it is not ready then we are more then happy to store luggage while the guest either goes to a business meeting or shoppping! I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street hotel and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Neil Duffen

Write a ReviewReviews (3,022)

Reviewed 27 June 2010

first i should mention that i didn't pay for the accommodation therefore can't rate "value for money". still, the hotel is very pleasant, beautiful art in the cozy lobi, great service, nice breakfast, free wifi (very slow in the rooms though), real bath with quality bath amenities (soap, body lotion) large LCD, iron in every room, and windows you can actually open for some fresh air. rooms small but very practical.Really enjoyed my 2 nights stay.oh, and the location was great. few minutes walk to the underground and 1 station to Oxford Circus.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Dinala_10

Dear Traveller,
My sincere gratitude for your wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to the Bloomsbury St hotel.
As you have mentioned, the hotel is ideally located for all aspects of London - especially the more exciting neighborhoods such as Soho, Covent Garden and Oxford St. With such an old building the bedrooms do vary in size, but this is more than made up with characterand charm!
I hope that next time you will be able to relax and enjoy afternoon tea as you watch the world go by!
If I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2010

As a regular traveller, and someone restricted by a company prefered list I had sttayed at a number of hotels in the Capital in the last six months, never returning to the same one twice. This hotel appeared next on the list, and I was amazed. From the welcome received, through to the friendliness of both the Bar and Restaurant staff and the quality of the room I for one will not be staying anywhere else. Perfectly situated, a couple of minutes walk from Tottenham Court Road tube, this is in a great location. Very much a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank EnglishKnight2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel - we do appreciate the time that you have taken to share your feeback. We do try our absolute best to ensure that all our guest's enjoy their stay ! Perhaps during your next stay you will be able to enjoy a massage in your room or one of our fabulous cocktails in the Bloomsbury St Bar! If I can be of any assistance regarding your next visit to the hotel please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

I recently stayed at the Radisson Edwardian in Bloomsbury Street with my friend for one night. We arrived early (before check in time) and were immediately made to feel welcome by the friendly staff behind reception who kept our bags for us while we went out to Covent Garden. The twin room was small but perfectly formed and very contemporary with purple and silver soft furnishings. The whole room was obviously well designed and thought out. The bathroom very modern and light and most importantly spotlessly clean. After a great nights sleep, in the most comfortable beds ever, we enjoyed their fantastic full English breakfast. Overall outstanding hotel in a great location with genuine friendly staff. I would recommend it to anyone willing to listen!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen_dunn2
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2010

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Bloomsbury St Hotel - we do take pride in ensuring that the hotel is spotlessly clean at all times - and thank you for recognising that!
The hotel has been refurbished in thel ast 18 months so is very contempory, but not in an impersonal way, it is very comfortable!
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back and hopefully you will have the opportunity to indulge in a massage from our In Room Spa - the perfect antidote to busy day sight seeing!
KInd regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2010

We stayed at the hotel for a birthday night out in London, the location was absolutely ideal and easy to find. Close to the tube, shopping and great venues.

The room was beautiful and despite being on the corner of a busy street, really quiet.

The staff were really pleasant and very helpful and even lent us a knife to cut the birthday cake with Happy Birthday wishes.

We had drinks in the bar before we went out, which was reasonable for London and the full buffet breakfast the next morning was very tasty with a large selection of choice.

Thanks very much for making our stay fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank R2011

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking a few monent's to leave sucha fantastic review regarding your recent visit to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel - it was great to read that we made your Birthday so special - and I agree with you regarding the Breakfast - a huge buffet with lots of choice and you can eat as much as you want - the perfect way to start the day!
I do hope we have the opportunioty to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 18 June 2010

Stayed for only one night (not enough) in a standard room. Room was a good size for London and beautifully furnished. We didn't have much of an outlook, but this didn't really matter as only a short stay. The main bonus of this hotel, in addition to its plush and spotless interior is its location. You are within 5 mins walking to Oxford St, 10 to Old Bond st and I guess 5-10 mins for all the theatres of the west end. The British Museum is also right on its doorstep. Overall a great stay, in a lovely hotel in a fab location. Will definitely be staying here for our next show break. Oh and went to see Warhorse at the New London Theatre-AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HannahNorwich_UK

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at the Bloomsbury St Hotel - I have to agree - it is the best location in London!
It's the perfect spot to shop along Oxford St in the morning, have a cocktail at the hotel in the afternoon and then enjoy a great show in the evening before heading back to the hotel for a night cap - couldn't be better!
If I can be of any assistance regarding your future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 18 June 2010

Hotel was fantastic, from the lovely exterior to the lovely scent when you walk into the lobby! Greeted by a porter and had our bags held for us while we checked in, the man at reception was extremely polite and helpful and upgraded our room to a kingsize. We had a speedy check in and took our bags to our room on the second floor, Now after looking at numerous hotels online in london...i wasnt getting my hopes up because to be honest id seen some very awful places for outrageous money...but when i stepped out of the elevator you could feel the quality in the carpets alone, once we stepped inside our room i had a huge sigh of relief because the room was just a gorgeous as it looks in the pics on the website! (now it did cost us roughly €200 a night...which i thought was acceptable for london and for the hotels location! Its literally just around the corner from the tottenham court tube station!) The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and modern, theres only 2 minor set backs and they were 1. Seemed to be a nice amt of traffic noise at round 6am but on the second night i cud barely notice this, and 2. the food i got from room service was just okay. But the room alone makes me give this hotel 100%. Oh and the bar downstairs was extremely comfy and we got some lovely cocktails and relaxed on our last night there Looking forward to staying here again in the near future! ;) Thanks

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
May I offer my sincere gratitude for your wonderful review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel - it really is a special palce to both stay(and work!) and we take great pride in offering only best level of service to all our clients!
Perhaps next time you would have the opportunity to try Afternoon Tea? It's a scrumptious feast that is very reasonably priced!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,