“The most comfortable, centrally located hotel with the most charming staff to make your stay a superlative one.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #305 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2010

After five visits to this superb hotel over the last year, I can safely say that this hotel is second to none. The service at reception was very helpful and welcoming, especially Arjun, who is a credit to the hotel. Yonka at the breakfast buffet is lovely and remembered just how I liked my morning cup of tea from my previous visits.This attention to detail by the staff make for a very comfotable trip. The rooms are opulently decorated, plush and very comfortable. The location could not be better than this; so close to the the theatres, China Town the great book shops on Charing Cross. The British Museum is a stone's throw away and sites such as Covent Garden, Leicester Square; Picadilly Circus are so close to walk to. I would highly reccomend this hotel for its elegant style, comfortable rooms and the fantastic and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review after staying with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. It is very rewarding for the team and I to read your compliments, especially for Arjun and Yonka. Our guests are at the heart of our hotel and everything we do, therefore we believe very much in offering a personal service for each and every single guest. I am delighted that you have returned to the hotel time after time & I truly hope that we will meet in person during your next stay. Please do feel free to contact me directly via the hotel, it will be my pleasure to assist you at anytime.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Spent one night at the Bloomsbury Edwardian for our anniversary. From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very stylish and our room everything we could have wanted - clean, big, quiet and luxurious.

Did not eat at the hotel, but had a drink in the bar which was great and very relaxing. Location perfect and only a 10 minute walk to Covent Garden.

Would definitely return - let's hope we can get some babysitters again soon!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Mrs Staples,

I am delighted to read that the team at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel helped you in creating an Anniversary break to remember. We pride ourselves on having some of the best and stylish Hotel rooms in London, and I am very pleased you found this to be the case. Once you arrange for a baby sitter please contact me directly via the hotel so that I can personally take care of your next reservation and any special requests that you may have. Again thank you for your very kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you and Mr Staples back to the hotel very soon.

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I only stayed for one night on a business trip but all the staff at the hotel were both professional and friendly. The receptionist that looked after me at both check-in and check-out was fantastic with a genuine smile and a willingness to help.

The room was nice and comfortable.

Would definitely use again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 8 November 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after staying with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. There is nothing better for us than hearing we exceeded your expectations! On your return visit to the Hotel I trust that you will have the time to try our new cocktail menu, there are some classics with our very own twist and some cocktails created by our very own mixologist's!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I've stayed here twice in the past month - and am a frequent London traveller (3x a month). This hotel has nice amenities, good bar, solid breakfast and is well situated to bloomsbury and the theater district. The two rooms I've stayed in were nicely done - new. From a business traveller point of view only one request was unfulfilled - and that was for a european plug adapter - you had to cross the street to purchase one at a local store (really - shouldn't hotels always have these on site?)

Staff was always friendly - helpful. Simple things - when staying late at the bar - no one rushes you out even if your the last group there - front desk staff is helpful - they hit the solid points - offering luggage storage, taxi, opening doors for you on your way in and out. Having had difficulty with a key they did not make me do the requisite three trips up and down - but escorted me with the new key to the room to ensure it worked.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review following your recent stay with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful visit!! With regards to the small issue that you have highlighted, may I assure you that we have quite a large number of adaptors for Guests to use, and I can only asume that they were all in use at the time of your inquiry. Please accept our apologies. I truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Check in was efficient and very friendly,our room was very tastefuly decorated in Caramel and muted purple velvet and, with all requirements to hand. Bathroom was perfect,lovely thick warm towels.
Public areas follow the same theme,laid back luxury. Bar and restaurant staff excellent,
food superb.Overall a beautifull hotel with attentive,caring and proffesional staff.
Five minutes walk to all theatres and main shopping areas.
We will be going back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers of your wonderful experience whilst staying with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. I am delighted that you were very happy with the services provided by our teams. On your next visit to the hotel may I invite you to enjoy a relaxing afternoon tea, there is nothing better than to sit back, and relax after a day of shopping!! We are so lucky to only be a stones throw away from the famous shopping destination Oxford Street!! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2010

I booked a night at the radisson bloombury street online and said that we were celebrating my partners birthday. When we arrived Sophia on reception wished my partner a happy birthday and upgraded our room, free of charge. I'd booked a standard room (London on a budget!) but I think we got a deluxe or a superior room. On both days (before checking in and after checking out) Gary on the concierge desk was only too happy to store our suitcase. We felt very spoilt.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Charliegirl73
Dear Guest,
My sincere gratitude for your wonderul comments following your fantastic stay at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel!! We never forget anybody's special occasion!! I do hope on your return visit to the hotel you will also feel spoilt by enjoying an In Room Spa treatment!! You deserved to be pampered!
If I can be of any assistance with future reservations, plese do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel!
Kind regards,
Neil Duffen
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed 31 October 2010

While the accomodations themselves could have been better, the customer service at this hotel was the worst I have ever seen. They will lie to your face to make an extra profit and clearly have no regard for their guests. While I was staying at the hotel my bag was stolen and one of the front desk representatives offered to waive the hotel's (extremely steep) phone charges for me to make the necessary calls to cancel my credit cards and get emergency funds sent. After I had gone ahead and made the necessary calls , she later informed me the next day that she had learned she was not authorized to waive the fees, and despite the fact that I had a note from her in writing confirming her promise that I would not be charged, the hotel management refused to honor it.
I highly recommend you look for a different hotel that puts more value on its customer service and honoring its word.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank c14leigh
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 2 November 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Bloomsbury Street Hotel for your recent visit to London.
With regards to your comments, I feel that I must clarify one or two points. Firstly, we do not lie to our guests in order to increase profit,we pride ouselves on employing people with values and integrity. We made a gesture of good will in the form of phone calls when your bag had been stolen in nearby Covent Garden. The phone bill was very high at £500.00 with some calls to the United States being for over 30 minutes, which seems a little excessive in order to cancel a credit card. We waived over £400.00 in charges and only charged a nominal amount as we felt that the gesture we had made had been taken advantage of.
I am sorry that there was no equitable way in order to resolve this issue but I do hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind regards,