“First UK trip a success” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #297 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Brampton, Canada
“First UK trip a success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

I did a lot of research in order to pick a hotel that met my needs for my first trip to London - proximity to museums/cultural sites/the theatres etc, reviews from others, price, size, etc
This hotel became my choice - of which I am very pleased - the room was as large as many I have stayed at here in NA (contrary to the 'too small" mantra I saw over and over in hotel reviews about rooms in London)

The location turned out to be perfect for my needs - I walked everywhere for 2 weeks from this hotel (mind you I like walking!) - it was literally a block from the British Museum and only a few minutes - 5-15 from most theatres and hundreds of restaurants and shops and places like Leicester Square and Covent Market Garden etc - I was actually very surprised at how close even after my research

The staff were all pleasant from start to finish - the room was cleaned and tidy - was surprised at the heated towel racks :)

The shower/tub was nice but different than what is found here in NA but easy enough to get used to - the only off putting thing was the height of tub from floor - I expect that someone less limber might find it a challenge.

I was a bit dismayed at the poor TV channel choices (not hotels issue really but certainly a bit of a change from basic TV offerings here) -really only 4-5 channels - mind you I found some interesting viewing :)

Elevator was quite chatty - was always talking to occupants - mind the door - floor xx and so on..could hear it easily if you stood in elevator lobby :)

hotel bar/restaurant seemed to always be busy and noisy in the evenings - nice enough place - cant speak to food as I never ate there (was out and about trying all sorts of the multitude of restaurants in the area) -Otherwise the place was quiet including in my room

The fitness room was well equipped and well maintained - however (and this is my only complaint of entire hotel experience) the TV’s built into every machine could only be heard if you had a set of earplugs from an Ipod or similar - I didn’t know this first day and had to work out in silence - when I did bring my own I found it clumsy to wear them plugged into the machines - this ,off hand, seems a good idea as you don’t disturb others (on the other hand in 2 weeks I only ever shared the room twice) - eventually my ear plugs died - maybe from excess sweat and I was back to silence - and then the recumbent bike started acting up - after some use it would zoom up to maximum tension and refuse to be lowered - had to stop using it as it happened every time. Unfortunately I did not report it at the time as by the time I cleaned up afterwards in my room and left the hotel I had forgotten in my excitement to get going on my days adventure

It wasn’t a cheap hotel but not the most expensive I have ever used however I knew this when I booked it because everything else met my needs in the planning stage and worked out as hoped in actuality.

I stayed for 14 days during some unexpectedly pleasant October weather - balmy days - felt like May or early June here in Toronto

I highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank WGS534
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bloomsbury Hotel for 14 nights, and for giving such a detailed review. I see that you were only able to locate the basic TV channels; when you next stay with us please select more options on the TV menu to view additional channels. Your suggestions on the gym have been gracefully received, and we thank you for highly complimenting your stay with us. For your return visit please contact our teams directly who would be delighted to personally assist with your accommodation requirements.
We look forward to welcoming you back to London and the Bloomsbury Street Hotel

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

I've stayed at the Radisson twice now within a couple of months. The staff are very friendly and the location is decent. You are not directly near a tube station, but Tottenham and Holborn are within a short walk's distance. There are plenty of convenience stores and food within easy walking distance and the British Museum is only a couple of minutes away by foot.

However, both times I've stayed here I've had trouble with other patrons. The first time the person in the room next to me would start smoking every night about 1am. Because there was a connecting door, my room filled with smoke and woke me up. When I called the front desk, nothing was done about it. I was told the second time that they could not ring the bell of the room due to the late hour. Both times rowdy patrons have also been a problem: yelling in the hallways late at night, loud parties. This trip when I called the front desk, these issues were addressed.

To follow-up on the smoking issue: I completed their customer survey after my trip and received an email from the hotel manager saying he had spoken to the staff involved and hoped I would give the hotel another chance. This is the first time a hotel has responded directly to a survey and I thought this was an excellent example of customer service. I was planning another trip to London, and did reserve at the Radisson. I requested a room without a connecting door and had a better experience, minus the loud patrons a couple of nights on my floor.

The rooms are nice, standard size rooms for Europe, fairly well organized and provisioned. My only major complaint is that all the lighting is overhead and very harsh, making reading laptop screens difficult due to the glare.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TinainWonderland
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, Please accept my apologies for the issues you had encountered during your first visit. I am however very pleased that we were able to turn your negative experiences into a positive returning stay. Sometimes things can and do go wrong, it is the way in which the team and I deal with these non frequent incidents that help us to achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Montréal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

We're just back from a stay for the holidays at the Edwardian on bloomsbury street - from dec. 26 to jan 2nd - The hotel looks great modern and cool - the service and staff was above average- this is a fantastic value - Rajni was especially kind to us- on new year eve we decided to stay in for a little champagne and foie gras in our room they provided us with everything we needed with a smile-
They have a great breakfast with fresh fruit - specialty coffees no charge - don't miss it -
we do travel a lot and are very critical with hotels - this one is a keeper - can't wait ot go back

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dalllo
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 13 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bloomsbury Street Hotel to be your home during the Festive Season. We are delighted that you had a great stay. Rajni is one of our shining stars; thank you for your kind comments. We very much look forward to welcoming in the New Year with you again for 2012.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

In a fantastic location, this hotel keeps getting better and better.... the rooms are nicely appointed and so comfortable, the staff is amazing..... friendly, helpful....
the lobby/bar is welcoming and alive.... we just love staying here.....nothing to improve upon!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank kjam4444
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a complimentary review, we are very pleased to be your preferred hotel whilst in London. When you do return may I invite you to experience fine dinning at the Bloomsbury Street Restaurant, we have some very tasty and delightful dishes for you to enjoy. The tastes, colours and textures will leave you wanting more every time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

Excellent stay. Nice, quiet hotel with helpful staff and good service. Very good location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Aspegren
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. For your return visit may I invite you spoil yourself with an In-room Spa treatment whilst enjoying a glass of champagne. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your return visit.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I have stayed here quite a few times when on business in London. the rooms are clean, spacious and modern. The staff a friendly and helpful and it is good value for money, when so many other London hotels aren't!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Clockend71
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 4 January 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bloomsbury Street Hotel to be your Home-Away-From-Home when working in London. We are pleased to be able to offer spacious & modern rooms. We are also very proud to have a friendly & helpful team who are passionate about exceeding guests expectations. I have every faith that your future stays will continue to be just as rewarding & delightful.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

We have just spent two nights at this Hotel, New Years Eve & Day. We were not expecting too much as it was a last minute booking, and we usually go for a 5 star Hotel.
We checked in early and we were greeted by really friendly staff, Always a good start to any break. After a day of Shopping and what a great position, went to our room, We were not disappointed. Tea & coffee facilities. everything in this Hotel has really been thought through to make one stay Perfect... Dressing Gowns, slipper's and a well supplied Bathroom.. Fautless...
The hotel was dressed Beautifly for Christmas. And after a Wonderfull New Years Eve in town, Great to be able to come back to a relaxing Bar. Breakfast did not disappoint. The only thing that let that down were the quality of the sausages,Which is no big deal considering the choice on offer. There are somethings that happen in life which are a joy from start to finish, And this was one of those times. We will be back

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple