“Very clean and modern hotel in perfect location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #289 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Very clean and modern hotel in perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

Lovely. clean, very modern hotel in perfect location for theatres, tube station and Covent Garden. Excellent food and very friendly and helpful staff. Bar drinks very pricey. Extremely comfortable bed and very quiet room, as requested. Standard room booked through Superbreaks is very small. Only just about adequate. It was a good job that we only had hand luggage with us or we would have been tripping over suitcases. I am not sure that the best use is made of the small wardrobe space by having an iron, ironing board and trouser press in there. There would have been no room to erect the ironing board if we had wanted to use it anyway! The bathroom was a reasonable size and very modern with a polished granite floor, which of course is very hygenic and easy to keep clean. However, I do think that a towelling bath mat should be provided as a)the floor is very cold to stand on and b)a wet floor can be slippery and cause accidents. We did not like the opaque glass door separating the bedroom and bathroom as if one has to visit the bathroom in the night, whenever the bathroom light is turned on it floods the bedroom with light and disturbs the person sleeping in the bed. Maybe either a roller blind on the bathroom side of the door or a small night light in an unobtrusive place in the bathroom would be helpful. Also the frosted external window in the bathroom is not frosted enough to leave the blind open when the bathroom light is on. Very good size flatscreen TV on wall but would have liked sports channels to be available as well. The room keycards really do need sorting out. We kept our keycards completely separate from our mobile phones and credit cards but every day for 3 days when we returned to the hotel in the evening our cards would not work and we had to return to reception to have new ones done. The receptionist suggested that the alarm mechanisms in the shops demagnetised them but we have stayed in hotels all over the world that have these cards and have never had this trouble before. Would definitely stay here again. Much better than any other London hotel we have stayed in previously. I know that room size is always a problem in London and this hotel is no different to any other in that respect. The free wi-fi in the rooms was greatly appreciated.The small newsagents shop opposite the hotel entrance in Bloomsbury Street is a very good place to buy and top up the Oyster cards for travel around London.

1 Thank Moderntraveller
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 9 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment your visit to the Radisson Bloomsbury Street Hotel, it is always rewarding for the team and I to read such positive experience.

I was also pleased to see that you found all members of staff that you encountered, to be friendly and courteous. They of course are the foundation of what we do.

Your positive comment on our comfortable beds is well received and looking back this has been mentioned to us on numerous occasions, at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel, we use Vi-Spring which are known for making luxury beds like no other bedmaker! you will see from their website that each Vi-Spring bed is built individually, to order and entirely by hand.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your kind suggestions, please be assured that I shall be reviewing them with my team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Hasnain N Alloo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
gloucestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

While visiting London last month, we went to this hotel to use our tea for 2 voucher. The hotel was lovely. We were served staright away and had a lovely selection of sandwiches / cakes and hot scones. Very yummy. As we didnt stay i cant advise what the rooms were like but even the hotel toliets were spotless. We would have liked to stay there and maybe will one day.

1 Thank GILL02091984
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 25 February 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and for choosing to join us at the Bloomsbury Street Bar & Restaurant to enjoy our afternoon tea experience.

I am sure you would agree that we add a modern twist to a very English offering, served in a cool and intimate space in the heart of London's avant garde creative quarter. Freshly baked scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam is generally hard to resist, especially when its completed with a selection of delicate finger sandwiches & pastries! Our selection includes of over 10 teas to choose from which I am sure caters for every taste bud! To add the delightfulness in the experience, we always recommend a glass of Champagne!

Truly, I do hope that on your next visit you will be able to take some time out to Relax, Unwind and Treat yourself to an evening in one of our fine bedrooms or luxury Suites and
Revitalise the next morning with our amazing breakfast selection!

We look forward to meeting you again soon.

manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel for 1 night on 26th January 2011. Check-in was extremely fast and the lady who dealt with this was efficient, friendly and informed me that my room had been upgraded. Staff were waiting in the wings to carry my luggage up to the room, which I declined, as I was only carrying a small case.

As other reviewers have mentioned - I disliked the way that the lifts functioned. Having to put your key into the lift in order to operate it was slightly confusing with no prior explanation, but this was solved swiftly by a member of staff.

Upon arrival in the room, it was clean and had everything that I needed - a comfy bed, a big tv and a beautiful bathroom. The bedside light didn't work, but this wasn't really an issue. The room was air conditioned - not necessary for January weather, but a plus if you stay at this hotel during the summer. The bathroom was lovely and pristine, although if I had been staying for longer, I would have expected there to be extra bathroom provisions such as nail files etc. However, all in all, the room had everything that I needed and was decorated to a high standard.

The only problem that I had was that the rooms are not insulated well in terms of being sound-proof. I found it difficult to fall asleep because I could hear people walking down the corridor outside and people who were talking on their way to their rooms sounded as though they were actually inside my room! The redeeming factor is that the people that stayed on my floor on this occasion were not too noisy, but this could be a problem perhaps on a weekend, when there are less business guests staying in the hotel.

The hotel is very central and close to many lovely restaurants and within walking distance to most tourist locations. Check-out was swift and the hotel stored my bags safely until I had finished my assessment day at 5pm that evening. Definitely not the cheapest hotel at £195 a pop, but I do believe that if you book in advance, you can get some good deals!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank msra8kc4
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

Such positive comments regarding our service delivery and cleanliness is very much appreciated and I could not thank you more for sharing your observations and acknowledging the level of services we provide that are anticipated but never assumed!

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

This is a lovely modern hotel in a great location for exploring covent garden, leicester square, Theatreland etc with lots of lovely bars and restaurants on your doorstep. Staff are very helpful, friendly and efficient. The hotel has all of he amenities you would expect from a Radisson, the rooms are lovely but as many have said the standard rooms are small to if longer than a one night stay I would definitely go for the bigger room. The bathrooms are really good and well equipped. We would stay here again and definitely recommend it to friends and family

2 Thank MrandMrsGNewcastle
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind compliments and recommendations. Launched afresh, The Radisson Bloomsbury Street was newly restored by a £25 million transformation and we are indeed very proud to show off our new luxurious modern Deluxe Hotel. As you mention our location is second to none being on the door step to some of the most famous places in London.

Thank you for comments about our vast number of amenities and outlets we offer. For your return visit may I invite you to try a cocktail from the Bloomsbury Street Bar which I guarantee will leave you wanting more! Personally, it is so rewarding when the teams efforts are noticed by our guests, I will personally pass your compliments to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

I picked this hotel because I wanted to treat my mum to a special weekend away. I'd booked theatre tickets and this hotel was less than 5 minutes walk away. My mum was blown away with the quality and service we received at the hotel. We did have a problem with our shower not draining properly but we reported it to reception and whilst we had breakfast someone went to our room and fixed it. Speaking of breakfast, the choice was amazing and there was plenty to eat. I loved the option of pancakes with maple syrup especially as they were cooked in a different style each day. There was a bus stop straight outside and the tube station was just round the corner. I couldn't have asked for better, and it was worth the money we paid!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank kirstyjenkinson284
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Bloomsbury Street Hotel for your theatre trip to London, being right in the heart of the West End where many theatres and great places of interest are just a pleasant stroll from the hotel is so refreshing. As you rightly say we are surrounded by many forms of fast and efficient transportation.

To be able to treat our guests to pancakes with maple syrup every morning is a true pleasure, our breakfast has received many compliments and awards and the offerings continues to grow from strength to strength. Honest feedback such as yours helps us grow as a hotel, organisation and to be a world class destination.

We look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Sincerely

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

We stayed in the Radisson on Bloomsbury Street for 4 nights for a combined business & leisure trip. The location is fantastic and the hotel is very good. As typically for London the rooms are not very big, even though we took a Superior Double Room, pls note you only get a Queen size bed her. Beds are ok and the hotel is rather quite as we asked for a room to the back and not facing the busy street. Despite having a nice time, I do need to say that some staff at the Radisson Bloomsbury have a attitude issue. Two personal (not the younger ones) at the breakfast seriously do not take you as a guest rather then somebody interrupting their daily routine by being honeslty rather unpleasant. All in all a nice stay but do not know if it is worth the price you pay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us, we are pleased that you found the hotel to be in a great location and very quiet. The comfort of our guests is very important to us and we are glad that you were not disturbed by any outside noise during your visit.

Being in hospitality, guest experience is at the heart of everything we do and I was taken aback to read your experience during breakfast which I have personally shared with the Restaurant Manager.

When returning to the hotel please do to contact our Guest Relations team directly as they would be delighted to personally assist with your future requirements.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

My husband and i stayed here for 2 nights. On arrival (which was 2 hrs earlier than the check in time) we were given our room cards. On entering the room (1007) i found it to be very dark and unwelcoming. There was one small window blocked by what looked like a large fridge, on closer inspection i found it to house the mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities. When i eventually opened the window (which you could only do a little) i discovered outside the air conditioning for the hotel not a pretty sight. The room was very dark and you needed to use the light at all times. i immediately went to reception and explained to the receptionist that i was unhappy with the room we had been allocated. The reception (without hesitation) offered me another room on the 5th floor. Room 5006 was lovely, very spacious, comfortable bed, good sized bathroom. We had arranged to have breakfast at the hotel which i have to say on both days was excellent, plenty of choice and the scrambled egg was just how i like it. All in all our stay at the Radisson was first class. All the staff were very attentive and very friendly. The location of the hotel is excellent if you want to be near all the sights/theatres. We would definatley stay here again.

1 Thank Hilly1234
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, it is heartening for me to read such reviews where my teams have displayed a "yes I can" attitude to ensure guests personal preference are taken into consideration which allocating a room and I am pleased that you were satisfied with the new room and found it very spacious, clean and comfortable. I will most defiantly share your compliments with the entire team at the next staff forum meeting.

Thank you for your time in reviewing us and I hope to see you again on your return visit to London.