“Perfect place to stay for special occasion” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Aldwych

One Aldwych
Ranked #41 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Perfect place to stay for special occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at the One Aldwych for my wife's special birthday and we we're treated like very special guests - the staff were all fantastic, the room was amazing with views over London Bridge - all mod cons TVs, stereos & iPod docking stations!!! I can't thank the Hotel enough for such a brilliant couple of days - we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this splendid hotel to anyone looking for a Touch of Class and very pleasant stay - location was perfect too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear Ray S

Thank you for your review and recommendation of One Aldwych. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and I am delighted to know that we helped make your special celebration memorable.

We do hope there is another opportunity when we can welcome you again soon.

Kostas Sfaltos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

All I have to say about this hotel is perfect!!
My friend and I went to London for a shopping weekend and stayed at the stunning One Aldwych From the moment we walked in up until we left, service was excellent, especially indigo restaurant, where we dined for dinner, the meal was superb, we will recommending this to friends and family.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Having stayed here in the past, I was intrigued to see whether the hotel had changed. I was really pleased that it was exactly as I remember. The hotel is spotless. The staff are friendly and will do anything to help out. Our room was small but clean and mini bar well stocked. The bathroom was lovely, although with most hotels the complimentary shower gel etc. really isn't enough for two people.

We had the Charlie and The Chocolate Factory Afternoon tea. It was outstanding. If you are in London and fancy a special treat then I would recommend this. As I am allergic to chocolate, they had arranged for me to have afternoon tea minus the chocolate. Nothing was too much trouble.

We had booked the cinema package and a glass of champagne and popcorn was a welcome treat.

The evening meal in the hotel was good, but our waiter wasn't that attentive. We had to ask for drinks and bread. Our meal arrived very quickly, and although was nice it wasn't anything special. Was disappointed with this.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Its a brilliant location and a lovely get away from the mad london streets.

Room Tip: If you can, I would recommend that you upgrade.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear 245Ick

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of One Aldwych. We very much appreciate all your positive comments and thank you especially for mentioning our Afternoon Tea ‘inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ and our ‘Film and Fizz’ offering in our private screening room.

I would like to apologise for your disappointment during your evening meal, it is rare that we receive this sort of feedback and I will certainly address your comments.

We very much hope that we will be able to welcome you again.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I took 5 of my friends to stay here on Saturday 30 th November. The rooms were very small but spotless. I find it hard to believe that there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. I mentioned this to the duty manager after everyone had retired to bed and he instantly arranged for us to have complimentary hot drinks in the morning. Good I thought.....When I checked out they had added the 'cuppa's ' to my bill!!! I pointed this out and they removed the charge!!!! Everything is extra - be warned!!!
Fi of Sevenoaks

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fiona G

We were delighted to welcome you to One Aldwych and thank you for your review.

With regard to tea and coffee facilities, we offer coffee makers as a permanent feature in many of our rooms, and tea and coffee making facilities are available to all our guests on request. I am so sorry that this was not offered to you and we would be pleased to arrange for any future stays.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Picked for a treat overnight in Covent Garden. Excellence in all aspects- tranquility in private guest lounge, buzzing bar (opposite Lion King theatre), great spa and a pool you can actually swim in and, fantastic access to Covent Garden and all that can be done there. Staff all attentive with Patricia and Mr Smith all making sure we were looked after.The Christmas Tree feature stacked with sweets was really neat. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Allan S

Thank you for sharing your experience of One Aldwych. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of our facilities and thank you for mentioning our Christmas Tree, which is this year inspired by the magic of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

i recently visited and stayed in london and my friend booked us into one aldwich for dinner post the theatre. Dirty dancing was really worth the effort and we really enjoyed the whole show! we found some of the actors rather amusing to say the least!! im not sure if they were some replacement actors on the night but they were quiet obvious and rather hillarious on the night! we were pleasently surprised to find that this place is really modern and bustling. the menu is fairly vast and there is something to wet all appetites! i had fish for starters but for me the portion was too small, chicken for main which was devine and desert was a very small portion. its not cheap to eat here but a luxury to experience. Me??? its a roof top bar that is not for those on a budget! 2 drinks for £25! but the views are amazing and we really enjoyed people watching. im surprized we did not meet anyone famous as it was like being on made in chelsea!! after

Dear biddybaxter

We were delighted to welcome you for dinner at One Aldwych and we are pleased to hear you had a successful evening at one of our many nearby theatres.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel in the heart of London. Excellent personnel and well trained. Bar is very nice. Barman friendly and on my request prepared me a cocktail that was not on the list. Rooms well furbished. The evening before my check out I found in my room a sealable plastic bag to be used for liquids on board. Small details BUT those show that they care about you.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Er K

Thank you for sharing your review of One Aldwych. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our Lobby Bar and that our Award winning Barmen were of assistance to you.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.