2,391 results
All reviewslobby barchocolate factoryafternoon teacovent gardenindigo restaurantwaterloo bridgeprivate loungehealth clubwest endturn down servicebottle of champagnewonderful hotelperfect locationexecutive roomperfect staybirthday treatlondon hotel
Reviewed 15 January 2014

OK, lets start by saying I got an upgrade…that’s helps right away! Thank you One Aldwych, a lovely room with fantastic views for the London night.
I couldn’t open the door to the suite so had to go back down to the lobby as there was no phone, or at least I couldn’t find a phone by the elevators. The lady at reception knew straight away what the problem was so I suspect it was not a new issue. Once in, wow, what a lovely room. I wish I had the hubby with me to enjoy it. I was literally there for 9 hours! I had a lovely sleep although the air con was not the best. It didn’t really cool the room and there was a slight humming noise from somewhere, but I do generally tend to tune into those types of noises. Needless to say, the bed was fantastic and the pillows perfect for me. A nice overnight stay, felt very safe as a lone lady traveller. I also liked that reception was discrete advising room number when two men were standing behind me (they were not with me I hasten to add!)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chappells
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Chappells

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of One Aldwych. We are delighted that you enjoyed your suite and views over London. I do appreciate your feedback and it would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

It has been praised to me by locals but I was disappointed. The room was very small, the lobby was not extraordinary, but nothing bad, the concierge city directions approximate. But the personnel is nice and willing to help. The tea in the lobby is recommendable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Valentin M

Dear Valentin M

Thank you for writing regarding your recent visit, we do appreciate your feedback and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. With regard to our rooms, we have many categories available and I would be pleased to discuss some alternative larger rooms should you consider a future visit. I will also address your comments with regard to directions given.

I would like to thank you for mentioning our helpful team and our afternoon tea.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

It was our first time staying overnight in London. Perfect location. Staff extremely polite, professional, friendly and helpful from stepping through the door to departure. Luxurious linens, toiletries etc. Everything was immaculate and clean. Breakfast was excellent, plenty of choice and again staff very polite and helpful. Barely heard a sound from outside considering the busy location.
Only downside was we didn't have enough time to enjoy the rest of the facilities the hotel had on offer so we will have to return! It was thoroughly enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie W

Dear Mrs Whiteman

Thank you for posting a review following your recent visit to One Aldwych. I am very pleased to hear that your first London stay was such a success and we do hope that you will have the opportunity to return.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed two nights on business. I found the hotel to be good and convenient, though not a "grand hotel". Room was modern and quiet, though I found the bathroom modest sized. Comfortable bed. The gym is ok but could use a bit of an upgrade. I ate three meals at the hotel (1 at the bar and 2 at Indigo). The food was delicious and the staff was terrific. I arrived late in the eve and appreciated their willingness to prepare a light meal not on the bar menu. At every encounter I found the staff eager to be helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Hkdad3

Thank you for writing following your recent visit to One Aldwych. I very much appreciate your feedback and I am pleased to hear that our team were so helpful throughout your stay. We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here for New Years Eve Fireworks for one night. Used the lobby bar tate dinner in he Axis restaurant and had breakfast in the other rstaurant overlooking the lobby bar but didnt use the pool facilities. Location right by Waterloo Bridge easy access to theatre zone, Covent Garden and the Strand and no more than five minute walk to two tube stations in opposite directions. Woud have been perfect for Waterloo Bridge fireworks viewing but the crowds built up really early so we had to make our way to Temple Tube area to view from there. We went to an afternoon matinee of the Bodyguard about 100 metres away and looked out at the theatre perfoming Lion King when we had breakfast. On arrival at the hotel pleasant welcome by concierge and the hotel had a good overall modern relaxing feel. Check in was painless and our room was really nice and although located alongside a busy street the thick curtains and really comfortable beds and pillows enabled us to get a good night sleep. The main bar is a good size and had a great xmas tree in the middle and some interesting art/statues. it was reasonably busy with afternoon tea when we arrived and later in the evening before and after celbrations so good atmosphere without being boisterous. We ate a set new year taster menu in the Axis and got great service and good value food. Breakfast ihe following morning was alos high standard very tasty. We researched the hotel photis etc in advance and got no suprises All in all great hotel delivered all we expected. My wife says she would definitely return if she wanted to stay in this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear mkdon5

Thank you for choosing One Aldwych for your New Year’s celebrations. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere in our local area and made the most of Covent Garden’s Theatreland. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to see you again on a future visit.