“5 star luxury and family friendly too”
Review of One Aldwych

One Aldwych
Ranked #43 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at One Aldwych for business purposes for several years and have always thought it was a great place however twice in the past couple of months I have taken the family and I have to say it is the number one luxury family hotel in London. The staff make the little ones feel so special from gifts in your room to milkshakes and cookies before bedtime. The swimming pool is great for all ages and the gym is not bad also.

Breakfast in your room is a must, fantastically cooked and served to perfection. It was my birthday on my most recent stay and when I got to our suite the hotel had given me a bottle of bubbly and a cake with a little birthday message.
Suite 300 with 302 as a connecting room is a great tip as it also has a tidy little kitchen for your use great for making a coffee or warming a snack for the children. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff from arranging a bus tour to organising a wheel chair for elderly relatives or parking your car. The food in the restaurants is first class also only bettered by the ever attentive staff.

Thanks One Aldwych can't we to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Room 300 and 302 connecting if taking the family
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear MrB1257

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to One Aldwych over your birthday. Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review.

I am so pleased to read all your comments and to know that we helped to make your celebration special. Thank you especially for your kind words regarding all our staff.

We do hope to continue to welcome you for both your business and leisure stays.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We stay for one night in the Aldwych suite room. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. The was so many nice details which made the stay feel so special, (especially if you're new to 5 star treatment). Room was very quiet, spacious enough for one night and the bathroom very nice. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian P

It was a pleasure to welcome you to One Aldwych and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your very positive comments and I hope there will be an opportunity to see you again on a future London visit.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had the pleasure of enjoying the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Afternoon tea last week. It was worth every penny. The service was great, staff were attentive and friendly. The food was amazing, we were offered a top up of sandwiches and pastries which we gladly accepted and all for no extra charge. The desserts were superb!! My friend and I had huge smiles on our faces for the whole experience and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kay P

Dear Kay P

It is a pleasure to read your lovely review of our Afternoon Tea and thank you so much for taking the time to write.

I will be delighted to pass on your comments to all our Lobby Bar and kitchen team. Thank you very much for your recommendation and we hope that we will welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

So many hotels barely acknowledge repeat guests - One Aldwych is the opposite. The staff remember you extremely well and treat you superbly. Little things make all the difference, and One Aldwych does pay attention to the details. Door and porter staff seem to have really upped their game too and very impressive to see them watching for taxis pulling up outside and running out with umbrellas to keep their guests dry.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ian-Mc-SOR

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to One Aldwych and thank you sincerely for your super review.

We greatly value our many regular guests and I am so pleased that this is always displayed to you by our team. Thank you in particular for your comments on our Door and porter colleagues, whom I know will be thrilled to read your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Whilst we did not have the pleasure of an overnight stay, I have visited the lobby bar several times and had the pleasure of experiencing the Charlie & The Chocolate Factory themed afternoon tea earlier this week. This was a celebration for one of my daughter's graduation and we spent over 2 hours experiencing the food and enjoying cocktails and champagne. My only small criticism would be that (compared to other London hotel teas) the sandwich selection was not very imaginative, rather lacked flavour (apart from the delicious salmon) and the bread was a little dry. The sweet selection and presentation however was simply stunning and I would say, the candy floss, chocolate eggs and chocolate milk really special.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BB2511

Dear BB2511

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to One Aldwych for Afternoon Tea.

I am pleased to hear that you and your granddaughter enjoyed your special celebration and I very much appreciate all your comments. My apologies that there were some aspects that were not to our usual standards and I will certainly discuss these with our kitchen team.

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will welcome you back, either to the Lobby Bar, or if an opportunity allows, for an overnight stay.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Came for drinks in the lobby bar, the cocktails were wonderful with a great selection to choose from. We were seen to immediately and told to wait at the bar until a table was free, which was only a few minutes wait. Will definitely be back, hopefully for dinner.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Simon S

Thank you for your great review of the Lobby Bar at One Aldwych. It would be a pleasure to welcome you to One Aldwych again soon and I do hope that you have the opportunity to enjoy dinner with us on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights for my Birthday and loved the Hotel, I stayed in an Aldwych (standard) room. I was very spoilt, given a complementary bottle of Champagne and birthday cake, then a couple of days later a bottle of red and nibbles and then chocolates. There is always some fruit in the room and the flowers in the hotel are stunning. The Wi-Fi is easy to use and didn't cut out during my stay and is included. The pool is a good size and there is a sauna and steam room. I enjoyed the bar, it had a great atmosphere and the afternoon tea looked amazing, I saw it after having had Sunday lunch, so unfortunately did not try but definitely next time (I don't normally do afternoon tea). The location is ideal for the theatre and Covent garden which has great restaurants. The river Thames is very close by, Waterloo bridge is across the Strand from the hotel which takes you to the South bank. What I liked most about the hotel were the staff, everyone was very friendly and helpful especially at breakfast and in the bar. Housekeeping were very thoughtful, they gave me a plastic bag for my liquids for security at the airport and were not mean, with bottled water, toiletries or towels, (I often have a room to myself when I travel and some hotels I have stayed in halve everything, even when the room price is the same for 2 people as for 1). One Aldwych is the 6th five star London hotel that I have stayed in over the past year and is my favourite.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Harriet R

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at One Aldwych. We are delighted that you enjoyed your birthday with us and I very much appreciate your super comments regarding our friendly service, facilities and ideal location in Covent Garden. We are very happy that we are now your favourite five star hotel in London and we hope to welcome you back again soon.