One Aldwych
US$307
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
galahotels.com
US$551
US$533
2,300 results
All reviewschocolate factorylobby barafternoon teacovent gardenindigo restaurantwaterloo bridgeprivate loungehealth clubturn down servicewest endbottle of champagnewonderful hotelperfect locationdeluxe roombirthday treatlondon hotelchlorine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was bought this treat as a present for my birthday and we arrived to be greeted by the doorman who opened the cab door for us and saw us into the hotel. We were early and the table wasn't quite ready so we were shown to the bar and asked if we would like to see the drinks menu. Cocktails were pricey but no more than you would expect for this quality of establishment. When we got the tea it was Amazing! Any adjustments to the menu could be catered for and more was offered if you wanted it. The savouries were laid out beautifully and tasted just as good especially the tomato tart and the onion bread. The sweet part, well where do I start? I'm not going to spoil it by saying everything that was there but it was all fresh, tasty and plenty of and again more if you wanted it. Staff were attentive but not constantly at your shoulder even though they were busy. Would definitely do it again. If you go, don't be fooled by the Candy Floss......the flavour may not be what you expect!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Tess F

Thank you for your great feedback on our Afternoon Tea Inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your birthday treat and I do hope that there will be another occasion when we can welcome you back to One Aldwych.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was a bit wary as I had booked using American Express points. AmEx then uses sites like travelocity to book the room. Instead of receiving a cold reception or subpar room, I was greeting by a charming gentleman at reception and led to a lovely room with a comfortable sitting area and fresh fruit on the desk. My daughter (a student studying in London) joined me soon after and we both enjoyed our stay tremendously. The bathroom was wonderful, and I still dream of that bed. At first I thought it might only have seemed so comfortable because I had flown from Los Angeles and was exhausted when I finally got to sleep on the first night. I now credit that amazingly comfortable bed with helping me get over my jet lag and enjoy my trip from the start. We ordered room service both mornings and both days it was delivered by a lovely young woman whose name escapes me. She is originally from Hungary and is a student herself. She was so professional, yet warm and friendly at the same time--a great combination! The location was so convenient to many sites, and access to the tube was also easy. I was sorry to leave the hotel and look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear mbhbe

It is a pleasure to read your review of One Aldwych and we are delighted that you enjoyed a restful stay. Thank you for all your terrific feedback and especially for your kind comments regarding Klaudia in our Room Service team.

We very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at One Aldwych with my husband and two young adult children. The staff are outstanding for their courtesy and helpfulness. The hotel lobby has the feel of a busy but uncrowded exclusive city bar. As such it was vibrant and comfortable, but not intimate. We stayed in standard twin rooms which were very well appointed and comfortable. The sheets were so well starched that turning over in one's sleep was actually quite a noisy affair. Whilst there was nothing to criticise, once again the bedroom held an atmosphere of efficiency rather than cosiness. The hotel reservations staff had remembered my request for fresh milk and coffee making facilities to be provided in the room. These were provided but disappointingly there were no biscuits. There were two apples and bananas appeared the next day when I requested them. I had explained that I would be celebrating my birthday during our stay and a piece of cheesecake was brought to my room, together with two notes - one welcoming us to the hotel and the other wishing me a happy birthday. The bathroom was fine. The soap, bath/shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were lovely. The pool was disappointingly narrow but the chlorine free water made it pleasant to swim in. It was useful that there were bathroom scales in the ladies changing room as well as in the en suite bathroom. The gym was very well equipped. We had one breakfast in the hotel. Again, what was outstanding was the service from our waitress. The food took a little longer to appear than we expected but was perfectly nice.

One Aldwych is a hotel with a very fine reputation. It is ideally located for a holiday in central London. Nevertheless, since the cost of a stay there is so very high I could not help but feel slightly disappointed. Space is at a premium in central London and both the pool and the standard bedrooms were just a little smaller than I had expected. The hotel lived up to its reputation in terms of quality and good service. That said, it felt a little as though it lacked just a bit of soul. Our stay was efficiently managed, and services were provided with pleasant smiles from everybody. The whole thing, however, was a bit like the starched sheets. They didn't need to be so perfect and would have actually been nicer and more comfortable if they hadn't been.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dishmop
KostasSfaltos, General Manager at One Aldwych, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear dishmop

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent birthday visit. I am pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay and I wish to thank you for your many positive comments, especially regarding our helpful team.

It is always interesting and helpful for us to receive our guest’s feedback and I appreciate all your thoughts. With regard to our sheets, our Housekeeper assures that we do not use starch, however advises that new sheets can sometimes feel a little starchy, which we will address. With regard to our rooms we have a variety of types and sizes available, which are often less expensive during quieter periods.

We do hope that you will consider returning and in the meantime, thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had the most wonderful time at One Aldwych. A stylish, contemporary and elegant hotel but the outstanding feature was the staff who I found to be friendly, courteous and genuinely interested in my welfare. The rooms were beautifully appointed and serviced, the pool a real bonus for anyone who likes to swim for exercise as it was long enough for laps. The location was perfect for access to Covent Garden and theatres. The floral arrangements throughout the hotel were exquisite and ever changing - particularly lovely in the spring. Don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Spring20142014

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay at One Aldwych. We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. I very much appreciate all your comments, especially regarding our outstanding team, including our in-house florist Mark Siredzuk.

We do hope that there will be an opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Walk to Covent Garden and the Opera, stroll to all the shows you might want to see. Walk to the old pubs at the Inns of Court Bus stops across the street with direct service to Shoreditch.

Very comfortable not over designed rooms. The lobby bar is a great space.

We have stayed many times in Mayfair and wanted to go East (into the West End). Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear marekw

Thank you for your comments and recommendation of One Aldwych. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our terrific location in Covent Garden.

We hope to welcome you again soon.