“Excellent London musical, only beaten by Les Mis” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Phantom of the Opera Theater Show
Ranked #5 of 339 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Far beneath the majesty and splendor of the Paris Opera House, hides the Phantom in a shadowy existence. Shamed by his physical appearance and feared by all, the love he holds for his beautiful protegee Christine Daae is so strong that even her heart cannot resist. The musical opened at Her Majesty's Theatre on 9 October 1986 with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman in the leading roles, and there have been dozens of productions worldwide since then. Now in its 26th record-breaking year, The Phantom of the Opera continues to captivate audiences at Her Majesty's Theatre in London's West End, after more than 10,000 performances. Andrew Lloyd Webber's mesmerizing score along with jaw-dropping scenery and breathtaking special effects, magically combine to bring this tragic love story to life each night.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Bergen, Norway
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Excellent London musical, only beaten by Les Mis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Phantom of the Opera is a must-see for those interested in musicals. By far the best of Andrew Lloyd-Webber's musicals it has a good story and great music. It's almost the best musical in London - only beaten by Les Miserables

Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Harrow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“This show is my all time favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have seen it about 8 times. In my opinion the best seats are in the front of the Royal Circle. The music is outstanding and so very moving. Enjoy.

Visited September 2013
Cork, Cork, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Talented cast, a little bit pantomime”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went to this somewhat halfheartedly as I knew a friend really wanted to see it. While the Phantom's voice was OUTSTANDING, and gave me goosebumps everytime he sang, and the set design was amazing, I felt the £33 price was a rip off. If I'm honest, it wasn't much better than some of the Christmas pantomimes I've seen at times, though of course the singers were more talented. I was in a restricted view seat in the royal circle also, so I had a pillar right in front of me, which I wasn't too happy about. Bring your own water and snacks, a bottle of sparkling water cost £2.60 at the bar, which was painful to hand over, but it was necessary as the theatre was very, very hot. If you're on the fence about wether or not to go, I would say don't, it's really not worth the money. If you want to experience something, go on the Thames cruise, bus tours or Madame Tussaud's, all of these outshine this show by miles.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Touching and impressive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a very popular opera. The story is easy to understand. The scenes are quite magnificent. The music and songs are very touching. Definitely worth watching.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jierre
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good but not as good as wicked”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was very excited to see phantom, having wanted to for many years. Perhaps then I had too high expectations as it didn't quite live up to them. It took me until the end of the first half to really believe in the characters but by the last 30 mins I was very gripped by the show and really interested to know what would happen. Overall a very good performance but I did prefer wicked to phantom if you are not sure which one to go to I would pick wicked. Not sure if I would recommend phantom to a friend.

Visited July 2014