“Beautiful Park, great for a stroll and to feed ducks”
Review of St. James's Park

Ranked #10 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This 90-acre park, the oldest Royal Park in London, features a large lake that is a wildlife sanctuary for ducks, geese, swans and even pelicans.
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I came recently with my husband as it's always a lovely place for a walk, plenty to see and do.
We'd brought a loaf of bread to feed the ducks and swans which was fun and some of the squirrels got in on the action too.
A lovely lake, plants, gardens, fountains, deck chairs for hire and a fantastic picture opportunity on the bridge to see Buckingham Palace on one side and the London Eye on the other.
Walk right up to Buckingham Palace, down the Mall and into Whitehall and you'll get a good feel of the park's vastness and beauty.
Free entry also. A fab way to spend a morning or afternoon or even to have a picnic if the weather's good!

1  Thank Vazbo

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Some fantastic reviews of the parks on the site especially St James, my advice is enjoy while you can as the contract for maintaining the parks has been awarded to a new provider at a reduction of 20 plus% so something will have to give and I suspect it will be quality

2  Thank Dave N
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I spent time in this park because I had to wait for my reservation time of seeing Buckingham Palace. The park was very wide and beautiful. The Lake was so nice.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A beautiful park to walk around - not to big and plenty of ducks, swans, squirrels to look at. Grounds are lovely and clean with gardens well maintained. Lovely walk from Buckingham Palace to Horse Guards parade

Reviewed 9 June 2014

In my excitement to start touring London after checking in at my hotel, I forgot to take with me my newly purchased London Map. My goal was to begin my visit by going to Buckingham Palace first.

I started asking for directions and in the process, got lost several times. During my walks and retracing my walks, I "found" St. James Park. I did not know how big it was. I kept walking and walking and felt like I was never getting out of the Park and would not be able to see the Buckingham Palace!

What's good is that there are benches in the Park that I could use to rest my tired feet. During these resting periods, I met 3 female strangers who shared with me their London experiences while we were all resting at these benches. Watching the beautiful flowers from these benches is also another benefit of getting lost at St. James' Park.

Lessons learned for me: Study the London map. Plan B - if lost, have fun, sit at the bench, watch the people, admire the gardens and other beautiful parts of St. James' Park.

1  Thank LolaGo1