“Absolutely wonderful! Perfect”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #69 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was booked for me by someone else, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was warmly welcomed by highly professional staff who were surely hired just to attend to me (or at least it felt that way!) Upon arrival, was upgraded to a fabulous room on the Seventh floor overlooking the park and given a welcome cocktail in the lounge. The well appointed room was immaculately clean and modern.

The next morning the steam room downstairs was just what I needed after a long flight and late night out.

The location is perfectly central and easy to navigate to and from.

Lovely experience an I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us. It is also great to hear that the service from the team also enhanced your time in London and I am delighted you felt this way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return and I shall handle your booking personally.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great hotel. Staff were excellent and very attentative, room was perfect with nice views, comfortable bed and good bathroom. We got a voucher for free cocktails which was a great way to start our evening. Will be back wish our stay was for longer. .

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear how highly you valued your experience with us, that you enjoyed the service you received as well as the view and comfort of your room. I am also delighted to hear that you liked our complimentary weekend cocktail.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return London visit as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The Met is my home away from home when I am on business in London (and occasionally when I am on vacation). The location can't be beat - just off Hyde Park, in the middle of Mayfair. Its only a block from Piccadilly, but I like this street much better because it is calmer and not overrun with tourists and commuters.

Staff: The staff is the reason that I keep coming back. They are friendly, but not intrusive; attractive, but not pretentious. They are very good at making guests feel at home - providing a friendly smile whenever I leave or arrive.

Rooms: The hotel has a contemporary feel; it is much "cooler" than most of the business hotels in Mayfair.
The rooms are nice - typical of other nice hotels in the area - and decent sized for London. I love the showers that feel like I am standing in a waterfall.

Food: Nobu is in hotel, which is great if you are on an expense account and in the mood for sushi, but there are many more reasonable options nearby. I typically venture to Shepherds Market where there are a dozen or so very good restaurants. And Burger and Lobster is fantastic if you have time to kill (no reservations accepted).

I highly recommend this hotel for business and vacation fro couples (I assume it would be fine for kids, but I typically don't see any, so it is not an obvious choice).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much indeed for your amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. As a much valued loyal guest I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the Metropolitan by COMO each time you visit London.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the staff at the hotel as it is the team that truly make the difference to our guests. It is also great to hear your comments about the room, Nobu and the local area.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Please let me know when your next trip is planned.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was my 40th birthday treat AND what a treat it was...
Hot towels and a complimentary cocktail on check in, a room upgrade and a bottle of wine to wish me Happy Birthday !
Scott and every single member of staff we encountered were second to none and exceeded our expections on all levels, this is customer service at its finest.
" Thank You " Metropolitan, a birthday I shall never forget from me and my monkey ! :o)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that we enhanced your special occasion and to hear how highly you valued your experience with us.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the team at the hotel, especially Scott, our Guest Relations Manager. As many of our frequent guests comment it is the staff that truly make the difference and in Scott we are lucky to have a very talented individual. I shall certainly pass your comments on to him.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Please do let me know personally when you are planning a return as I would welcome the chance to look after the reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

If you're looking for a hotel in a great location this is it, on the corner of Park Lane opp Hyde Park with Hyde Park tube station 5 mins walk. Hotel is very stylish with quality features throughout, very efficient and welcoming check-in with little fuss. Rooms are a good size, minimal in design but very comfortable with flat screen, docking station etc. Rooms can appear too minimal and some relief to the plain walls would be welcome. Bathrooms excellent and very relaxing with complimentary salts & potions.

Very classy cocktail and bar area, dark and stylish (but didn't linger for more than one drink).Other general seating areas are more utilitarian than sit and chill areas, so not the place if you're expecting a residents lounge. Complimentary morning newspaper on demand.

This may seem a trivial point, but no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which, for such a hotel, seems quite an omission. It's not something you want to constantly order from room service, however when I did order one cup of tea a fair trade tea bag arrived with small pot of water - and later discovered this was charged at £5. This may seem a small matter but it was an annoyance and something they could easily rectify. I believe you can order a kettle from reception but not quite the same.

All in all a very good place to stay with a polite and professional team.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick C

Thank you very much indeed for your very generous comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our location, as well as the service that the team offered.

I am also pleased to hear that you liked the size and comfort of your room and our recently refurbished Met Bar. I am, however, disappointed that we failed to explain that complimentary tea and coffee making facilities are available on request and I am sorry that this affected your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return and I shall look after your booking and room allocation personally. I shall also ensure that you have everything in the room that you need.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 April 2013

It definitely has a business feel to it when you first arrive; I usually prefer a cozy atmosphere in hotels, but I have nothing bad to say about the interiors, the rooms or the rest of the facilities. We spent a couple of hours in the bar too, but unfortunately it is no longer like it used to be in the earlier days… Now, it is good for drinks with friends on your way to somewhere else, or a night cap before bed. How I truly experienced that I stayed at a 5 star hotel was the concierge service which turned out to be outstanding. They had valuable, personalized and very helpful advices both before we arrived and during our stay and booked all restaurant and helped us figure out where to go after dinner as well. We were lucky enough to get a good deal through Hotwire as it turned out the Met was a “secret 5 star hotel in the Mayfair area”. A couple of us tried out the hotel breakfast, and even though it was very good, they paid more than double of what some of us paid at the very posh Cecconi’s close to Bond St, which also had a great breakfast menu. For a quick coffee or light snack it is a short walk to The Serpentine Bar & Kitchen in Hyde Park which is probably nice on a sunny day where you can sit outside and enjoy the lake view. The day we were checking out we hung out in the lobby with Nicole Appleton (All Saints) and Liam Gallagher (Oasis) - nice to end the weekend in London with some celebrity spotting!

Room Tip: If you are sharing with a friend, it could be a good idea to say you want separate beds, at least ou...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lenkre

Many thanks for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how well the Concierge Team looked after you both before and during your stay. It is the staff that truly make the difference and in our Concierge Team we are fortunate to have some incredibly talented individuals. I shall certainly pass your comments on to them.

It is also good to hear that you got great value from one of our internet partners for your stay. At the hotel we offer a range of discounted rate options throughout the year and also offer rates through our internet partners. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return to London so I can offer you the very best available price and look after your booking myself. I am, however, sorry to hear that the bar did not live up to your memories from our earlier days but was pleased to see this did not spoil your stay. It was also great to hear about your celebrity experience before you checked out.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I recently visited London for 3 nights. We took the overnight flight from New York and had requested early check in at the Metropolitan Hotel. While they did not commit to giving us the early check in ahead of time, our room was ready when we arrived at 11am. We were so happy! The room they assigned us, however, was in a busy corridor on the second floor next to the spa. I had some concerns about potential noise and the fact that I am a light sleeper- the room faced the street. So after doing some sightseeing we returned and I asked for a more quiet room. The front desk staff could not have been more accommodating. They gave us a room up on the sixth floor that didn't face the street. It was heaven! The concierge(s) were also extremely helpful during our stay. It snowed for two of the three days we were there and the hotel had umbrellas for us to take out while sightseeing. I would stay here again, definitely.

Room Tip: Get one that faces inward (view of offices, not the street) for quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much indeed for your fabulous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you valued your experience with us and that we enhanced the precious time spent with your daughter in London. It is great to hear that we managed to ensure your room was ready upon arrival and your recommendation is hugely appreciated.

I am also very pleased indeed that the Concierge and Reception Teams were very helpful and that you were able to move room allowing you restful sleep during your stay.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and ensure another memorable stay.