“hit and miss”

Ranked #52 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“hit and miss”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The hotel needs some refurbishment. The lobby is fine but the rooms are a bit tired. Some rooms are better than others so it's preferable to get a non-smoking room that faces hyde park or the hilton to the north. The staff are medicore. Having said this, the hotel is in an excellent location. The rooms are a decent size. The gym and spa are good and the guest office is very convenient.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you like our location, as well as the size of your room but very sorry indeed to hear that the service you received was less than perfect. Guest feedback at the hotel is taken incredibly seriously and if you would like to discuss any element of your experience with me I am at your disposal. I am also sorry that you felt the hotel was looking a little tired. With regards to the hotel in general we do have a rolling plan of refurbishment as well as longer terms plans to keep the hotel fresh and current so I hope to show you more on a future visit.

As someone who appears to travel a fair amount I would very much like to extend the personal touch so please let me know when you are planning a return to London and I shall look after your booking myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 12 April 2013

we are always very satisfied with this hotel, centrally located, spacious room full of lights if your room is on the park side
We are never disappointed by the service or the staff, easy to check in and out and we love eating at Nobu!
We will return again and again

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Many thanks again for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

Please let me know when you are next planning a London trip as I would be delighted to look after your booking and your room allocation myself.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Had our first stay at this hotel and it will not be our last! The room was comfortable and good sized (not huge, but not small) and the bathroom, while a little small, was excellent -- the shower had excellent water pressure, etc. (even by American standards!). The location is very good and convenient. But the best aspect was the wonderful staff and their service. I cannot say enough about how friendly and helpful everyone was.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lagavulin704
Many thanks for your lovely comments and for your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you liked your room, your bathroom and our location. It is also particularly pleasing that you enjoyed the service you received whilst you were with us. It is often the staff that leave the longest impression when staying in hotels so I am very pleased that you felt this way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was booked for me by someone else, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was warmly welcomed by highly professional staff who were surely hired just to attend to me (or at least it felt that way!) Upon arrival, was upgraded to a fabulous room on the Seventh floor overlooking the park and given a welcome cocktail in the lounge. The well appointed room was immaculately clean and modern.

The next morning the steam room downstairs was just what I needed after a long flight and late night out.

The location is perfectly central and easy to navigate to and from.

Lovely experience an I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us. It is also great to hear that the service from the team also enhanced your time in London and I am delighted you felt this way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return and I shall handle your booking personally.

Jindalee
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Staff were excellent and very attentative, room was perfect with nice views, comfortable bed and good bathroom. We got a voucher for free cocktails which was a great way to start our evening. Will be back wish our stay was for longer. .

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear how highly you valued your experience with us, that you enjoyed the service you received as well as the view and comfort of your room. I am also delighted to hear that you liked our complimentary weekend cocktail.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return London visit as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The Met is my home away from home when I am on business in London (and occasionally when I am on vacation). The location can't be beat - just off Hyde Park, in the middle of Mayfair. Its only a block from Piccadilly, but I like this street much better because it is calmer and not overrun with tourists and commuters.

Staff: The staff is the reason that I keep coming back. They are friendly, but not intrusive; attractive, but not pretentious. They are very good at making guests feel at home - providing a friendly smile whenever I leave or arrive.

Rooms: The hotel has a contemporary feel; it is much "cooler" than most of the business hotels in Mayfair.
The rooms are nice - typical of other nice hotels in the area - and decent sized for London. I love the showers that feel like I am standing in a waterfall.

Food: Nobu is in hotel, which is great if you are on an expense account and in the mood for sushi, but there are many more reasonable options nearby. I typically venture to Shepherds Market where there are a dozen or so very good restaurants. And Burger and Lobster is fantastic if you have time to kill (no reservations accepted).

I highly recommend this hotel for business and vacation fro couples (I assume it would be fine for kids, but I typically don't see any, so it is not an obvious choice).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much indeed for your amazing feedback following your recent stay with us. As a much valued loyal guest I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the Metropolitan by COMO each time you visit London.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the staff at the hotel as it is the team that truly make the difference to our guests. It is also great to hear your comments about the room, Nobu and the local area.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Please let me know when your next trip is planned.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was my 40th birthday treat AND what a treat it was...
Hot towels and a complimentary cocktail on check in, a room upgrade and a bottle of wine to wish me Happy Birthday !
Scott and every single member of staff we encountered were second to none and exceeded our expections on all levels, this is customer service at its finest.
" Thank You " Metropolitan, a birthday I shall never forget from me and my monkey ! :o)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that we enhanced your special occasion and to hear how highly you valued your experience with us.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the team at the hotel, especially Scott, our Guest Relations Manager. As many of our frequent guests comment it is the staff that truly make the difference and in Scott we are lucky to have a very talented individual. I shall certainly pass your comments on to him.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Please do let me know personally when you are planning a return as I would welcome the chance to look after the reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.