“Will be back”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #56 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I can't fault this hotel, from the moment we pulled up outside the entrance where there was a waiting doorman, to the moment we left.
We were upgraded to a suite overlooking Hyde park and given complimentary cocktails.
Every member of staff we encountered was polite , happy and friendly.
The location is second to none.
After a wonderful experience we will only stay here in future

Room Tip: Facing Hyde park
1  Thank StephanieNorthampton
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us from the moment you arrived at the hotel and that you were upgraded to a park facing suite throughout your stay.

We very much appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would relish the chance to look after your booking personally and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our trip to London and it was an incredible experience. First off, the location couldn't be better. You are a five to ten minute walk to Chelsea, Kensington, Piccadilly, Covent Garden, the West End, Chinatown, Oxford Circus, etc. There are other hotels that are closer to these areas but unless you plan to spend your whole trip in Piccadilly or Chelsea, then you want a place that will get you everywhere and that's the Met. The hotel amenities are incredible and the rooms were very nice. Very comfortable, great fixtures, and everything you need. This is the cool hotel where rock stars stay when they visit London for concerts so rest easy that it's a luxurious place.

However the greatest thing about this place is the staff. Scott, the hotel manager, was there when we checked in and was standing at the desk every day we came in or out offering to help us with whatever we might need. Directions, a map, a recommendation, or just a chat about London and the culture of the city, he was incredible and my wife and I felt like he was a friend by the end of the week there. The other stand out that needs to be mentioned is the concierge Dominic. We got tickets to the most sought after, sold out show in the West End. The tickets were in the front five rows and all we said is what we want, how much we wanted to spend, and he took care of everything. He also came through with incredible reservations for high tea, and some incredible meals (one of which my wife and I can count as one of the best we've ever had ever.) Our trip was last minute and we showed up in London with no plans or itinerary and Scott and Dominic made sure we were taken care of and were able to see and do anything we wanted.

I can't recommend this place enough. We will never stay anywhere else. This is not just a great hotel, but a great London experience.

1  Thank ampageus
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and for your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am incredibly pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay so much and that you liked our location, your room as well as our in-room guest products.

It is also wonderful to hear how highly you valued your experience with the team, particularly Scott and Dominic. It is the staff that truly make the difference and in them we are very fortunate to have two very talented individuals. Many of our regular and loyal guests have also said the same so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

Please let me know when you are next planning a London visit as it would be my pleasure to arrange your reservation for you and make sure that you enjoy another fantastic stay with us.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

From the moment we checked in, we were given impeccable service. Hot towels at arrival, they honored our request for a higher floor (with a great view of the city) and wine and fruit waiting in our room (it was our anniversary) and that was just check-in. The room and hotel are great (rooms are a very nice size for London and bathrooms have towel warmers!) but the standouts are really the people. Our concierge, Dominic, was tasked with getting us fabulous dinner reservations and the hardest west end tix to obtain. 2 days later we were seeing Helen Mirren play the Queen in the 7th row and dining at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal. The hotel manager, Scott Wilson, was also exceptional, always going above and beyond. He was always helpful but more than anything he made us always feel at home in the hotel. We knew if there was ever anything we needed, he would take care of it for us. We were very sad to leave after such a wonderful experience and would definitely stay at the Met again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a lovely view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay and how highly your valued your experience with us.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about Dominic and Scott. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made the difference for you and that they enhanced your time in London. I shall certainly ensure your comments are shared with them both.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after the details of your booking myself so I can ensure another memorable stay.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

The hotel needs some refurbishment. The lobby is fine but the rooms are a bit tired. Some rooms are better than others so it's preferable to get a non-smoking room that faces hyde park or the hilton to the north. The staff are medicore. Having said this, the hotel is in an excellent location. The rooms are a decent size. The gym and spa are good and the guest office is very convenient.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you like our location, as well as the size of your room but very sorry indeed to hear that the service you received was less than perfect. Guest feedback at the hotel is taken incredibly seriously and if you would like to discuss any element of your experience with me I am at your disposal. I am also sorry that you felt the hotel was looking a little tired. With regards to the hotel in general we do have a rolling plan of refurbishment as well as longer terms plans to keep the hotel fresh and current so I hope to show you more on a future visit.

As someone who appears to travel a fair amount I would very much like to extend the personal touch so please let me know when you are planning a return to London and I shall look after your booking myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

we are always very satisfied with this hotel, centrally located, spacious room full of lights if your room is on the park side
We are never disappointed by the service or the staff, easy to check in and out and we love eating at Nobu!
We will return again and again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Hotel Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Many thanks again for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

Please let me know when you are next planning a London trip as I would be delighted to look after your booking and your room allocation myself.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Had our first stay at this hotel and it will not be our last! The room was comfortable and good sized (not huge, but not small) and the bathroom, while a little small, was excellent -- the shower had excellent water pressure, etc. (even by American standards!). The location is very good and convenient. But the best aspect was the wonderful staff and their service. I cannot say enough about how friendly and helpful everyone was.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lagavulin704

Many thanks for your lovely comments and for your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you liked your room, your bathroom and our location. It is also particularly pleasing that you enjoyed the service you received whilst you were with us. It is often the staff that leave the longest impression when staying in hotels so I am very pleased that you felt this way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was booked for me by someone else, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was warmly welcomed by highly professional staff who were surely hired just to attend to me (or at least it felt that way!) Upon arrival, was upgraded to a fabulous room on the Seventh floor overlooking the park and given a welcome cocktail in the lounge. The well appointed room was immaculately clean and modern.

The next morning the steam room downstairs was just what I needed after a long flight and late night out.

The location is perfectly central and easy to navigate to and from.

Lovely experience an I'd highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us. It is also great to hear that the service from the team also enhanced your time in London and I am delighted you felt this way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return and I shall handle your booking personally.