There are lots of really nice hotels in London, but let's be honest, some can be a bit snooty. I was slightly apprehensive about staying in the Metropolitan as it is trendy - and I am most certainly not - but it was convenient to where I needed to be for a meeting. Anyway, I really should not have worried - the staff were absolutely lovely. I was only staying for one night, but I had a lovely time.
My room was really comfortable and very light and airy. Being able to sit on the sofa by the large windows looking over towards the park, and people watching, was a bonus. The bathroom was smaller than I expected - but there was a powerful shower above the bath, nice toiletries, and fluffy towels.
Breakfast was slightly disappointing. The bowl of fresh fruit was gorgeous but the hollandaise sauce on my eggs Benedict looked as though it had been sitting under a hot lamp and/or had curdled when being prepared - and it didn't have enough lemon or salt for my taste buds. Even so, I still enjoyed my stay.
I also have to note the gentle aroma in the public area which is very calming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London