“Best staff!”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #70 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 December 2013

There are lots of really nice hotels in London, but let's be honest, some can be a bit snooty. I was slightly apprehensive about staying in the Metropolitan as it is trendy - and I am most certainly not - but it was convenient to where I needed to be for a meeting. Anyway, I really should not have worried - the staff were absolutely lovely. I was only staying for one night, but I had a lovely time.

My room was really comfortable and very light and airy. Being able to sit on the sofa by the large windows looking over towards the park, and people watching, was a bonus. The bathroom was smaller than I expected - but there was a powerful shower above the bath, nice toiletries, and fluffy towels.

Breakfast was slightly disappointing. The bowl of fresh fruit was gorgeous but the hollandaise sauce on my eggs Benedict looked as though it had been sitting under a hot lamp and/or had curdled when being prepared - and it didn't have enough lemon or salt for my taste buds. Even so, I still enjoyed my stay.

I also have to note the gentle aroma in the public area which is very calming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments and your recommendation following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you liked your room. It is also particularly pleasing to hear how much you enjoyed the service you received from the team throughout the hotel. I am, however, sorry to hear about your disappointment with breakfast and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

What a gracious, lovely hotel this is! The staff are helpful and very friendly. My daughter and I stayed for three nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel's location by Hyde Park is very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your superb comments following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your family time in so way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at The Metropolitan, Old Park Lane, hotel for one night only but experienced the best service ever.

Right from the start as only I walked into the hotel, during the check-in, at the bar and during the breakfast. The staff was very friendly and polite and offered help with getting around Central London. The room was clean with very comfortable beds. The view I had from my room on the eighth floor was just stunning - over Hyde Park.

The breakfast was served in a very friendly manner - the eggs and fruit salad prepared top class.

In general I have had a great time at the Metropolitan and would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants treat oneself for a nice stay at this top hotel in London Park Lane.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments and your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your precious family time in some way.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel. It is the staff at the hotel that truly make the difference and we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. Many of our frequent guests have remarked likewise so it is terrific that you felt the same way and I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

We look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights on holiday in London. You cannot beat the location of this hotel. It was such a great home base to have as we toured through all different parts of the city. The hotel itself is clean and modern. I love the smell of the hotel as you walk in - just like you are entering a spa. I do think that the interior of our room could do with some updating as the carpet looked a bit worn and the furniture a little rough. Notwithstanding this, I would definitely stay here again. The staff was lovely, very helpful with setting up reservations and arranging transport for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I was very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our location so much. I am, however, sorry that you felt your room was looking tired but was relieved to hear that this does not appear to have affected your experience with us too much.

Your comments about the service you received were also particularly appreciated. We are very lucky indeed to have such a talented team and many of our frequent guests have also commented on this so it is excellent that you felt the same way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself and ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

while the met is not a new hotel, it has kept itself trendy and up to date.
we love the location - just opposite the hyde park, which means you can get up in the morning, go for a run in the park, get back for b'fast and go out for a day's work. the view from some of the rooms which are facing the park is spectacular. thr fact it the nobu restaurant is located in thr hotel adds to the value and alternatives the hotel is offering its guests, and attracts a dynamic and nice looking traffic into the hotel. we had a great, personal and responsive service from all the hotel staff, and particularly atin kathuria, heading them, who was very effective and creative with problem solving. ww will definitely come back!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from our location, to your room and your Nobu experience.

I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay, particularly from Atin. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. I shall certainly share your comments with everyone at the hotel.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated. Please do let Atin or I know when you are planning a return visit to London as we would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend, and have to say it was a fantastic stay. Situated in the well-healed area of Park Lane, it nestles amongst the Aston Martin showrooms and more recognised hotels such as The Dorchester. It was not the kind of hotel/area we are used to staying in, and I think our Essex accents stood out! However, the staff are so friendly that we immediately felt at home, and Scott in particular gave us a warm welcome, greeting us with heated towels to refresh us whilst checking in.

We had booked a deluxe double, and it was an extremely comfortable room! With a large bed, large seating area, and great large tv, the luxuries were all on hand. Add in the great views over Hyde Park, and this was a great base from which to visit London. The close proximity of Hyde Park Corner tube station means that travelling around London is a cinch.

A couple of free vodka cocktails were thrown in, which we enjoyed in the Met Bar on the ground floor. The cocktail was delicious, and the bar staff were friendly and very knowledgeable. The rare bourbon Pappy Van Winkle is available, and the rest of the drinks menu would leave no connoisseur disappointed!

All in all this a stylish, comfortable hotel, but I have to say the jewel in the crown are the staff, who were always so friendly and upbeat, and a credit to this establishment.

Room Tip: The best rooms are at the front of the hotel for splendid views over Hyde Park
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your fantastic comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you liked so many aspects of your stay from our location, to your room and the drinks you enjoyed in the Met Bar.

I am also particularly pleased to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel, especially from Scott our Guest Relations Manager. It is the staff at the hotel that truly make the difference and we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We hadn't stayed at the met for a while but it was like revisiting an old friend. The service was ,as always ,friendly and superbly efficient. The Hotel has lost none of its buzz with Nobu and the Met bar are as lively as always. This is one of the best locations in London within easy walk of most of the restaurants,theatres and bars and if you want 5 star luxury with a trendy edge this is the place to stay. We loved it and have already booked our next stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback and your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy your experiences at the hotel each time you stay with us. Thank you also for your terrific comments about the service you received from the team. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

Please do let me know the dates of your next booking as I would be delighted to allocate your room personally and meet you whilst you are with us.