“Great Location and hospitality”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #61 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Location for this hotel is nearly perfect.Ideally located in walking distance from most of the places be it for a stroll in the Hyde Park, James Park or for shopping or even sightseeing. The service is very good. Rooms seems little small but you can not expect big rooms in London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation and select your room personally.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here from the 6th - 8th Dec and enjoyed our stay. Ideal location for Winter Wonderland and shopping in London. After seeing the fantastic location of the hotel we were disappointed with our internal and overlooked view, and would have happily given 5 stars otherwise

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed our location and your stay.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation, and your room allocation, myself.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed the night on Friday 6 th December , attention to detail by the staff was superb , the room was very spacious and naturally we enjoyed a cocktail or two in the famous met bar - would stay again without doubt , faultless

Stayed: December 2013
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

From the minute you walk in to the hotel you are made to feel welcome, the reception staff are friendly and quickly deal with your check in. The public areas are spotlessly clean, which is a huge challenge in such a large building. We were upgraded to inter-connecting rooms, which insured plenty of space for our family of 4. Our daughters were given a Wii system to play with as well as complimentary fruit, t shirts and a guide book for London. We also enjoyed the lovely Vodka cocktails in the bar downstairs. Overall a superb stay and we hope to visit again one day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your excellent comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to enhance your precious family time in some way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

There are lots of really nice hotels in London, but let's be honest, some can be a bit snooty. I was slightly apprehensive about staying in the Metropolitan as it is trendy - and I am most certainly not - but it was convenient to where I needed to be for a meeting. Anyway, I really should not have worried - the staff were absolutely lovely. I was only staying for one night, but I had a lovely time.

My room was really comfortable and very light and airy. Being able to sit on the sofa by the large windows looking over towards the park, and people watching, was a bonus. The bathroom was smaller than I expected - but there was a powerful shower above the bath, nice toiletries, and fluffy towels.

Breakfast was slightly disappointing. The bowl of fresh fruit was gorgeous but the hollandaise sauce on my eggs Benedict looked as though it had been sitting under a hot lamp and/or had curdled when being prepared - and it didn't have enough lemon or salt for my taste buds. Even so, I still enjoyed my stay.

I also have to note the gentle aroma in the public area which is very calming.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments and your recommendation following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you liked your room. It is also particularly pleasing to hear how much you enjoyed the service you received from the team throughout the hotel. I am, however, sorry to hear about your disappointment with breakfast and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

What a gracious, lovely hotel this is! The staff are helpful and very friendly. My daughter and I stayed for three nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel's location by Hyde Park is very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your superb comments following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your family time in so way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at The Metropolitan, Old Park Lane, hotel for one night only but experienced the best service ever.

Right from the start as only I walked into the hotel, during the check-in, at the bar and during the breakfast. The staff was very friendly and polite and offered help with getting around Central London. The room was clean with very comfortable beds. The view I had from my room on the eighth floor was just stunning - over Hyde Park.

The breakfast was served in a very friendly manner - the eggs and fruit salad prepared top class.

In general I have had a great time at the Metropolitan and would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants treat oneself for a nice stay at this top hotel in London Park Lane.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments and your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your precious family time in some way.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel. It is the staff at the hotel that truly make the difference and we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. Many of our frequent guests have remarked likewise so it is terrific that you felt the same way and I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

We look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.