“Another excellent weekend at the Met”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #53 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Belfast
“Another excellent weekend at the Met”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Another excellent weekend at this Mayfair hotel. Having stayed at a number of 5 stars in London the Met has become our favourite - very friendly staff, good rooms and more generally the hotel just has a very nice feel to it. My impression of this hotel before I stayed at it was that it might be a bit 'cool' for me - I've stayed at a few design hotels where the staff seemed to act as if they were doing you a favour - but the Met couldn't be more different - proper 5 star service in a modern, relaxed environment.

The rooms are good (quite modern, well equipped), we stayed in a Metropolitan Room which is a good size and has views of Hyde Park - everything works as it should and is very comfortable.

Location is great for us - close to most main sites (and a tube station a couple of minutes away) but out of the main tourist hubbub. Appreciate that people are looking for different things from a hotel but I would highly recommend the Metropolitan - it also has some excellent deals available on its website quite regularly (e.g. recently it was doing 3 nights for the price of 2) and for the area can represent excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Many thanks indeed for your recommendation and your comments following your recent stay with us. It is terrific to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience, especially the service that you received throughout the hotel and that we were able to enhance your time in London in some way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself and ensure another memorable stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Had a great stay on my visit to the wonderful city of London last weekend. Managed to fit in last minute shopping on the doorstep in Knightsbridge as well as enjoying a wonderful evening out in winter wonderland...the perfect celebrations with my partner. The staff at the hotel were incredibly accommodating and so helpful especially Atin who helped with an early check in and who was very helpful with a wonderful upgrade.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay.

I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay, particularly from Atin. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated. Please do let Atin or I know when you are planning a return visit to London as we would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Location for this hotel is nearly perfect.Ideally located in walking distance from most of the places be it for a stroll in the Hyde Park, James Park or for shopping or even sightseeing. The service is very good. Rooms seems little small but you can not expect big rooms in London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation and select your room personally.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from the 6th - 8th Dec and enjoyed our stay. Ideal location for Winter Wonderland and shopping in London. After seeing the fantastic location of the hotel we were disappointed with our internal and overlooked view, and would have happily given 5 stars otherwise

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed our location and your stay.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation, and your room allocation, myself.

Kellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed the night on Friday 6 th December , attention to detail by the staff was superb , the room was very spacious and naturally we enjoyed a cocktail or two in the famous met bar - would stay again without doubt , faultless

Stayed December 2013
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 8 December 2013

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself.

Oxfordshire
Reviewed 5 December 2013

From the minute you walk in to the hotel you are made to feel welcome, the reception staff are friendly and quickly deal with your check in. The public areas are spotlessly clean, which is a huge challenge in such a large building. We were upgraded to inter-connecting rooms, which insured plenty of space for our family of 4. Our daughters were given a Wii system to play with as well as complimentary fruit, t shirts and a guide book for London. We also enjoyed the lovely Vodka cocktails in the bar downstairs. Overall a superb stay and we hope to visit again one day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your excellent comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to enhance your precious family time in some way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

There are lots of really nice hotels in London, but let's be honest, some can be a bit snooty. I was slightly apprehensive about staying in the Metropolitan as it is trendy - and I am most certainly not - but it was convenient to where I needed to be for a meeting. Anyway, I really should not have worried - the staff were absolutely lovely. I was only staying for one night, but I had a lovely time.

My room was really comfortable and very light and airy. Being able to sit on the sofa by the large windows looking over towards the park, and people watching, was a bonus. The bathroom was smaller than I expected - but there was a powerful shower above the bath, nice toiletries, and fluffy towels.

Breakfast was slightly disappointing. The bowl of fresh fruit was gorgeous but the hollandaise sauce on my eggs Benedict looked as though it had been sitting under a hot lamp and/or had curdled when being prepared - and it didn't have enough lemon or salt for my taste buds. Even so, I still enjoyed my stay.

I also have to note the gentle aroma in the public area which is very calming.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments and your recommendation following your recent stay. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you liked your room. It is also particularly pleasing to hear how much you enjoyed the service you received from the team throughout the hotel. I am, however, sorry to hear about your disappointment with breakfast and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.