Another excellent weekend at this Mayfair hotel. Having stayed at a number of 5 stars in London the Met has become our favourite - very friendly staff, good rooms and more generally the hotel just has a very nice feel to it. My impression of this hotel before I stayed at it was that it might be a bit 'cool' for me - I've stayed at a few design hotels where the staff seemed to act as if they were doing you a favour - but the Met couldn't be more different - proper 5 star service in a modern, relaxed environment.
The rooms are good (quite modern, well equipped), we stayed in a Metropolitan Room which is a good size and has views of Hyde Park - everything works as it should and is very comfortable.
Location is great for us - close to most main sites (and a tube station a couple of minutes away) but out of the main tourist hubbub. Appreciate that people are looking for different things from a hotel but I would highly recommend the Metropolitan - it also has some excellent deals available on its website quite regularly (e.g. recently it was doing 3 nights for the price of 2) and for the area can represent excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London