“Great festive afternoon tea”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #61 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a lovely festive afternoon tea here with complimentary champagne cocktail. The selection of savory food on offer was different from the sandwiches you usually get with afternoon teas This wonderful experience started as soon as we walked into the hotel as they had scented candles burning in reception. Lovely.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific comments following your recent experience at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea so much.

Please let me know if you need anything else at all as I would be delighted to assist.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We can only recommend this hotel and most importantly it's staff. The hotel in itself is wonderful: great location, all newly renovated, large rooms and great amenities. But the real charm of the hotel is it's staff. We stayed over Christmas and although the staff working on Christmas Eve/Day sacrificed their holidays to work, they were all so friendly and made every effort to make us feel at home. This is what amazed us! Also we have a special thank you to make to Scott Wilson that went way out of his way to make our stay extra special! Thank you all for a wonderful Christmas away from home!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much and that we were able to enhance your festive celebrations in some way.

It is also particularly pleasing to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel, especially from Scott our Guest Relations Manager. It is the staff at the hotel that truly make the difference and we are lucky to have some very talented individuals.

Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This is our second visit to The Met Hotel.

We were let down the first time with service, but was made by there after service and thought we would give it another try.

We received a warm welcome on arrival on Xmas day.
The front of house team were very efficient and friendly.

We received a comp upgrade to a park view room.

The room was lovely and clean. And the bed was amazing with super soft and comfortable pillows.

It is in a great location, being on Park Lane. With lots to do nearby.

Overall had a fab time and will def be back.

Thanks team Met.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service you received, our location and your room so much. I am also very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your festive celebrations in some way.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Excellent location, big rooms, excellent staff, spa - NOBU - will stay there again! Loved being on the park and a short walk or cab to everywhere else - concierge hooked us up with marvelous accomdations at restaurants and clubs. Great value

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We have just enjoyed a lovely two night stay at the hotel, the room was clean and spacious with a beautiful view over Hyde Park. This was the best aspect of our stay. The hotel's location was great and the staff were all helpful and polite. Expensive but this is to be expected when staying in Mayfair.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay. I am very pleased indeed to hear how much you enjoyed your room and our location, as well as your overall experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the future. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is one of our favourite hotels in the world and we return every year. Peaceful rooms, great service, lovely location and wonderful breakfasts. Feels like home - only better! Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: January 2013
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your stays at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your recommendation is particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy our location, our rooms and especially the service that you receive.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Another excellent weekend at this Mayfair hotel. Having stayed at a number of 5 stars in London the Met has become our favourite - very friendly staff, good rooms and more generally the hotel just has a very nice feel to it. My impression of this hotel before I stayed at it was that it might be a bit 'cool' for me - I've stayed at a few design hotels where the staff seemed to act as if they were doing you a favour - but the Met couldn't be more different - proper 5 star service in a modern, relaxed environment.

The rooms are good (quite modern, well equipped), we stayed in a Metropolitan Room which is a good size and has views of Hyde Park - everything works as it should and is very comfortable.

Location is great for us - close to most main sites (and a tube station a couple of minutes away) but out of the main tourist hubbub. Appreciate that people are looking for different things from a hotel but I would highly recommend the Metropolitan - it also has some excellent deals available on its website quite regularly (e.g. recently it was doing 3 nights for the price of 2) and for the area can represent excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your recommendation and your comments following your recent stay with us. It is terrific to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience, especially the service that you received throughout the hotel and that we were able to enhance your time in London in some way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself and ensure another memorable stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.