“A very good hotel”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #61 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The whole experience form the initial checking into checking out was smooth professional and added to the whole atmosphere of the trip.
A very well located hotel with attentive and competent staff who understand and execute customer service.
Room was very large with panoramic views over Hyde Park Corner.
This is a good London hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Background: First time to the U.K. Stayed in March 2013, still quite chilly - unpleasant walking weather. Booked through travel website. Quick passthrough, only 3 day visit (Oxford before that for a conference).

Hotel...greeted several times upon entering and checking in. Warm beverages being offered in the lobby. Hotel overlooks Hyde Park and neighbors the Four Seasons, Intercontinental, and other swanky hotels around Park Lane. Also very convenient to the Tube (London Underground Transportation). Didn't utilize the gym/spa due to the short duration of the trip.

Room...simple, but bright and spacious. Modern, minimalist, but impactful decor. The statement piece here is the loud colored carpet. Comfortable bed with built-in reading lights on the headboard. Decent sized bathroom, clean and bright. No balcony in our room, but it was too cold anyway.

Overall a good experience. We stayed, saw, ate, and drank. Umbrellas were aplenty (for the windy, rainy days...and nights), the room was bright and spacious, and the hotel and rooms were beautifully appointed. The front desk offered us vouchers for drinks at the bar, which was a nice touch, but they were only valid for some sugary mixed drinks which I used for a friend in place of a more effective beverage for myself. Great value for the money and the location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your stay last year at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel as well as our location.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your booking myself to ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here recently for a birthday . The manager made it very special and I was very impressed with the service and the room . Very comfortable and the room was a lovely size.

Booked this as a secret hotel (last minute .com) Very happy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience and that we were able to enhance your birthday celebrations in some way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Booked a stay at the Metropolitan and I was definitely not disappointed with the location and size of the room. It was extremely centrally located with an exquisite view of Hyde Park, which was nice when we went given that a Winter Wonderland fare was going on.

The gym is also very extensive, offering TRX ropes and several weight machines. However, I think in the mornings the gym is open to others (not hotel guests) so it does get crowded just before 9am with personal trainers coming in. They also offer running maps should you wish to run Hyde Park.

My only complaint would be that the housekeeping staff often does not come by very efficiently. On most days, we would leave our room at approx 11am and not come back till 5pm and sometimes the room would not be cleaned. However, if we left for dinner and came back, it would most often be done by then. The only exception was on one night when we came back from dinner at approx 9pm and housekeeping staff was still in the room. I would say that given this hotel is meant to be at least 4* that housekeeping should come in earlier or at least twice a day for a "turn down".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked your room and our location. I am, however, very sorry to hear your comments about the Housekeeping service you received and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

I would also very much like to welcome you back to the hotel to allow us the opportunity to restore faith and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements myself.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were looking for a centrally located hotel for a couple of days sightseeing and I had stayed at the Metropolitan a few years ago. From the moment we arrived we were treated amazingly and the staff were a real credit to the hotel. We ate there a couple of times and the food was to the high standard that you would expect. We spent a few hours in the Met Bar on Saturday night and whilst it was not as busy or celebrity filled as my previous visit, this made it more suitable for us. Buckingham Palace is a 5 minute walk and Hyde Park Corner tube station even less. All in all, a wonderful weekend, and whilst not cheap, well worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your excellent comments following your recent return visit to the Metropolitan by COMO. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received from the team.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to us. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself to ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife & I stayed one night at the Metropolitan over the weekend(25th Jan).
We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay & can't speak highly enough of the Hotel & it's staff.

On arrival we entered the hotel in the middle of a storm. Immediately we were offered hot flannels with which to warm ourselves.
During the check-in the reception staff noticed that we don't live far from London & asked if we were staying in town for a special occasion.

We explained that it was my birthday & had booked the hotel so we could see a show & do some shopping.

Once check-in was complete the young lady who was dealing with us (unfortunately i did not manage to observe her name) explained that we were being upgraded to an improved room.

Also she guided us to our room & friendlily advised us about everything we would need to know for our stay.

The room was first class, extremely comfortable & favoured favourably with other hotels we have stayed in at major cities around the world.

On our return to our room later that evening, a chilled bottle of wine had been placed in our room from Andrew the Manager & his staff, along with a hand written card wishing us an enjoyable stay & wishing me a Happy Birthday. A really nice touch.

The hotel generally is very clean, well appointed & obviously enjoys a wonderful location. Did not find time to use the restaurant but did spend some time in the bar on the ground floor which was to the same high standard.

Overall, the hotel & it's wonderful staff helped make our weekend very special & our only regret was we couldn't stay longer.

We will definitely visit again on our next stay in town & will recommend this hotel to all our friends planning to do the same.

Thanks to everyone at the Metropolitan.

Room Tip: We had a side view of the park opposite. Weather prevented us from using the balcony but i would ima...
1  Thank markatepsom

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your birthday celebrations in some way. I am also particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service you received from the team throughout your stay. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one night before we flew out to Hong Kong. She had gotten the hotel on a secret deals for a really good rate and we didn't know until she booked it, which hotel. It was great! The hotel is fairly modern and it is in a good location by the park. The service was very attentive and breakfast in the morning was beyond delicious. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Chose a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us from the service you received to your breakfast in the morning.

Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.