COMO Metropolitan London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$329
US$254
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$195
US$286
US$247
US$200
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,159 results
All reviewspark lanenobu restaurantcomo shambhalaoverlooking hyde parkroom servicefour seasonswinter wonderlandturn down servicegreen parklocation is greatsteam roomrooms are spaciousbond streetnespresso machinemodern hotelwest endhotel bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My lovely man booked the metropolitan for our anniversary he booked it via secret escapes and got an amazing deal! We told them it was a special occasion and we were lucky enough to get an upgrade with amazing views of the city. I loved the nespresso maker and the enormous bed and the super deep bath! The only shame was we could only stay the one night due to work and children commitments and so didn't get the opportunity to try out the spa. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your special occasion in some way. I am also very pleased to hear that you liked your upgraded room.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

A truly great hotel in a fantastic location. I met with Phil, one of the managers, during my stay who epitomised 5* service and ensured that every request was dealt with efficiently and professionally. A true credit to the Metropolitan and to COMO

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you also for your terrific comments about Phil. As many of our frequent guests comment it is the staff that truly make the difference and in Phil we are very lucky indeed to have such a talented individual.

Please do let me know when you are planning your return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself and ensure another memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked through Expedia Secret Deals and really enjoyed my two night stay here last weekend. Was a bit wary at first at the rooms looked a bit stark for my taste but was lovely and light. The bed was really big and comfortable, The staff were really friendly and helpful upon arrival and throughout my stay. Great location. Room service breakfast was lovely and delivered on time. The smell of the lobby was delightful as well. Will definitely be returning here,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments and for your recommendation following your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you back at Metropolitan by COMO soon.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very happy to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Lovely hotel, very minimalist and serene. The rooms are great - ours was on the sixth floor, extremely spacious with wall-to wall windows overlooking Hyde Park. Service was excellent - attentive, professional staff and some nice touches like hot cloths to freshen up your hands on arrival. Darren in particular was most helpful in ensuring the prompt return of my tablet charger which I left in the room when we left. Fabulous shower and toiletries - wish I'd bought some from the spa to re-create the aroma at home!
We went with our 2 teenage children, unfortunately they were not allowed in the bar after 6pm so we couldn't have a drink before going out in the evening (this is not a complaint, I can quite understand why they might want the bar to be an adult-only environment, but might be useful for other prospective guests with children to know).
The location is superb, within walking distance of many attractions and convenient public transport links too. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Hyde Park are amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience at the hotel, that you enjoyed our location and your room as well as the service that you received from the team. Thank you also for your kind comments about Darren that I have shared with him. If you are still interested in purchasing some of the guest toiletries they are available via the COMO Shambhala website, please let me know if you need any assistance with this.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your arrangements myself.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a very modern hotel with clean lines and not much fuss. If you want charm and old London its not where you want to stay but for efficient service, clean, well equipt rooms, and second to none service this is your place. I particularly loved the concierge, he was fab. The reception staff were also great. It is however very pricy for anything out of your mini bar and it has a lovely exciting array of toiletries and extras in your room which are WAY overpriced. You could walk to Harrods or Covent Garden and purchase comparable items at half the price. It is also way to expensive for room service, I sustained an injury during our trip and needed to attend hospital, it was a perfect option for us to order room service because I needed to be back at the hotel but it was the principle, it was about £20 for burger and chips. I did what any self respecting lady would do and sent the hubby out for provisions!! I liked the hotel but apart from the staff it lacked a bit of soul and they don't encourage people to use the facilities in the hotel to fill it full of more life because they are taking the absolute mick with the prices of food and drink. To eat our breakfast in the hotel it would have been £28 each. We walked to a french cafe opposite Harrods and had a full english, a continental breakfast and a porridge, 2 pots of tea, a bottle of sparkling water and a coffee for £35 and it was fabulous!! We are not a couple of misers, we just expect good value for money and the hotel was for the room but they are missing an absolute trick with the extras!! EVEN for central London. So in short my advice would be stay at the hotel, its fab but be aware of your surroundings and plan to go out for eats and drinks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it is particularly pleasing that you enjoyed the service you received from the team. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. Thank you also for raising your concerns about the cost of some elements of your stay. We do review prices on a quarterly basis to ensure we remain competitive and will do so again to investigate this further.

We would also very much like to welcome you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements myself and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.