“Truly Exceptional”

Ranked #52 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bristol
“Truly Exceptional”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Brilliant location at the bottom of Park Lane. Great modern boutique style building. Fantastic staff all of whom oozed charm and a willingness to help. Splendid room with a really comfortable bed and a bright clean and modern bathroom. This was my first stay at the Metropolitan and I was mightily impressed. Acid test - would I stay again? Yes. Without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and how highly you valued your experience with us.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
Alpine, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We just returned from a wonderful trip to London with our family of five. We wanted to stay in Mayfair but also were looking for an apartment to accommodate our need for space. We decided on the Metropolitan because of the Apartment options that they provide while also having the benefit of hotel amenities (i.e. spa, restaurant, bar, etc.).

Location: This is a superb location. It is centrally located to all attractions, shopping, transportation hubs, parks and restaurants. We walked every evening to dinner and the hotel is very close to Shepard's Market a quaint grouping of streets with many cafes, bars and shops.

Staff: The staff of the hotel is probably the highlight of the hotel and excellent. From the pre-booking assistance provided by the concierge as well as the ability to secure an early check-in, which was extremely helpful after arriving from the states at 9:30am, they were also available and friendly. I would highlight Jimmy and Dominic as fantastic assets to the hotel.

Hotel: We stayed at the Brick apartments, which is around the corner from the entrance to the hotel. We were in a two bedroom which was spacious and provided a fully equipped kitchen, two baths, dining room and living room. The Wii was a bonus for my 10 year old son. The decor is simple with minimal furnishings. It is not an old world hotel such as Claridges but we knew that when we booked.

Nobu: Excellent service and food and we even got to meet Nobu Matsuhisa himself, which was a nice surprise. The bar staff was also very helpful.

Other: Housekeeping was not provided on Saturday and Sunday at the apartment although they were able to provide new towels if requested. Had a problem with the water heater, which was quickly addressed late in the evening to the credit of the staff.

Overall this is an excellent option in London. Everything in London is expensive for US travelers but i believe the hotel provides great value for the money. I would recommend this hotel to others and would definitely go back. Great for a family.

Room Tip: Brick Apartments are great for families
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin W
Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay with at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience in our apartments adjacent to the hotel and that we managed to enhance your precious family time in some way. I am also very pleased to hear that you found the apartment spacious and that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself and ensure another memorable stay.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at the Met as part of a birthday/Valentine day out for my boyfriend. We live in London but wanted to enjoy a night out without having far to get home.

Pre-arrival: I telephoned the hotel before arrival to ask about checking in discreetly (we were having afternoon tea in the Met Bar and I wanted the hotel stay to be a surprise. The lady I spoke to was very sweet and helpful. The Met Bar also helped by allowing me to pre-pay for the tea, so that we wern't bothered with a bill - which is always nicer for a birthday.

Afternoon tea: we arrived about 5.30 for afternoon tea. The waiters were all extremely pleasant. Our jackets were taken and we were seated immediately. Our tea arrived very quickly. The food was delicious, and the waiter very kindly arranged to box up the remaining cakes so that we could take them to our room.

Check-in: the ladies and gentlemen on reception couldn't have been more charming. They were courteous and able to help with all queries. They also offered to help with arranging taxis and spa services if needed. Also, the reception area was lovely, with a soothing spa scent and a spacious lounge.

Room: our room was frankly unbelievable for such a lovely location. It was large and neutrally decorated. I was particularly pleased that there was an ipod doc and an expresso maker, as I always look for those amenities. The bathroom had a full bath and rain shower. The room was on the 8th floor and overlooked Hyde Park.

Room service: we had cappuccinos brought up to the room in the morning. They arrived within 5-10 minutes of asking. Again, great service.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in central west London. The location is great and I can't fault the staff or rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from your pre-arrival conversations with the team to our new Afternoon Tea offering. I am also particularly pleased to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel and that this enhanced your special celebrations in some way. We are very lucky indeed to have such a talented group of individuals and many of our regular guests have also commented on this so it is excellent that you felt the same.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to us soon. Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hampshire
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights which was a valentines treat for me and my gorgeous lady. As soon as you walked in to the hotel you are greeted by the very polite door staff and then by this lovely aroma which filled the lobby. We had a Deluxe City Room which has views of the park and the Whisky Mist night club below which enabled us to do some celeb spotting at the same time! Initially the room didn't blow me away - instead it looked practical rather than Luxury but it was very comfortable - however paying what we did for the stay I was a little disappointed. The service in the Met Bar was brilliant, they make any cocktail you would like and the DJ played any song you requested. Location was superb with links everywhere across London. Would we stay again - Yes if we were given a discount - No if we were to pay what we did this time as we have stayed in more luxurious hotels in and around the vicinity of this hotel. This is one where you need to make up your own mind I think!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO for your Valentine’s treat. I am delighted to hear that you had an amazing experience with us and that you enjoyed the service you received throughout the hotel. I was sorry, however, that you were disappointed with certain elements of the design of your room and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

Please let me know when you are next planning a London visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Lovely hotel! Check in was smooth, great location, large rooms, free wifi and courteous staff. Would stay again and also recommend to others. Easy to reach from Heathrow and many sights to see near by!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and your room, as well as our location.
Please also let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your booking myself.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary, forgot to mention it to the hotel but got upgraded anyway on arrival as there were rooms to be available overlooking Hyde Park...thankyou very much! Arrived early and while room was being prepared enjoyed a complimentary cocktail in the Met bar. Note to manager - all staff we encountered were excellent. Check in was great. Room was large, view was as ok as London was letting it on a wet February weekend, bathroom well stocked and great shower. Also toiletries smell like a Thai spa. Only strange note, carpet was purple, in a Premier Inn style, not quite flash Park Lane style - I guess you can't get everything right... Location was perfect, Hard Rock Cafe round the corner (prepare to wait) and tube about 5 minutes away.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Owner at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you enjoyed your experience with us. I am also very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your anniversary celebrations in some way.
I am, however, sorry to hear that you were disappointed with certain elements of the design of our rooms and I am at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent, short business stay again this past November. Staff were all top notch and complete professionals. The only thing I missed in my first review (that the staff were excellent, the room comfortable albeit a bit sparse) was that the bathroom did not have any electrical outlets for hairdryer or electric razor. But that's how hard I to look to find fault. I will definitely be back here if I can on my next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Many thanks indeed for your excellent comments following your recent return visit to the Metropolitan by COMO. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received from the team.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to us. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself to ensure another memorable stay.