“Absolutely superb five star service”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #54 of 1,063 Hotels in London
England
“Absolutely superb five star service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is an absolutely superb hotel which offers genuine five star service. We stayed in a Metropolitan room which gave us plenty of space, a large window and a well designed seating bench all along the window. We had lovely views over Green Park and despite being on the third floor we had no issues of noise. We also didn't hear any noise at all from other guests which is a bonus. The room features a king bed which was very comfy for both our tastes.

The bathroom was excellent, large, well designed and had a great large shower head over a tub with bath screen. We liked how the sound from the TV was piped into the bathroom which allows you to make use of the large library of on demand music accessed through the TV.

There was a Nespresso maker and few pods to try which was a nice touch. We also got free bottles of water and fruit with the turn down service.

You get two free "vodka based cocktails" to enjoy at the bar over the weekend. This was a bit confusing but turns out its kind of a signature cocktail and you don't get a choice. This cocktail is quite delicious but serves as nothing more than a starter for their "proper" cocktails which were inventive and truly delicious. At about 10:30 the bar was quiet and we were surprised there was a DJ playing. Don't worry though he was very chilled and actually played a really good mix of music that suited a laid back hotel bar atmosphere very well. Most of their cocktails are £12 which we thought was OK for such a nice hotel on Park Lane.

On check out we were handled in a very friendly and efficient manner. We didn't even have to ask to store our bags for the day. On our return to the hotel our bags were fetched and they got us a taxi. Our bags were even carried to the taxi for us.

Overall, one of the best stays we've had in London. Very hard to fault so thank you to the team for a such a lovely weekend. We would love to return.

Room Tip: 306 was a Metroplitan room and was down the far end of the corridor so was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard H
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your time with us, that you enjoyed our location, the size and calm of your room as well as your experience in the Met Bar.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I shall look after your booking myself and ensure that you have another unforgettable stay.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Was in London for just a day with my son. The front desk was friendly and particularly great about getting us into our room early. Free wifi, solid gym, and perfect location. Twin beds instead of two full size ones, but they were very comfortable and the room was otherwise lovely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your very kind comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your family time with us so much.

We look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased to look after your booking myself.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed for 04 nights at Metropolitan London last week.
They were expecting me and my kids, 13 and 11, as I previously advised. Last minute changes, I showed up alone.
In my room - upgraded to a huge bedroom with a terrific view of Hyde Park - was this nice extra bed made. Attached to the TV, a "Wii" with a pile of games waiting for the kids. Everything was immediately taken off the minute I asked them to.
And there were a fruit plate and a note welcoming me.
The concierge, a super-nice-friendly-portuguese João, chatted to me and helped me with everything I needed since day one, as an old friend. Each and everyone at front desk were super kind and efficient. Greeted by name always.
Breakfast was included in my rate, and delicious. The maitre remembered exactly how I wanted my "green juice" done from the morning before.
My bed was very comfortable, bathroom impeccable clean, lots of towels, and the amenities - from the local Spa - was delicious.
Even the masseuse - and her manager - from the Spa were very, very kind.
It seems like I'm being paid to do this review…(-:
But I am only telling you the true.
Great surprise coming from a hotel that does not charge you a fortune, has a tremendous location and treat themselves as a good hotel, not a super luxe one.
They are. Superluxe. In service, comfort and cost benefit.
My hotel in London.

Room Tip: Guess you should try to get a room that faces the Park. Great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your amazing comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

It is terrific to hear how highly you valued your experience with us in so many areas of the hotel and it is particularly pleasing to hear your comments about the service you received from our Concierge, our spa as well as our breakfast teams. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests so it is fantastic that you felt they really made a difference for you. We are very lucky indeed to have such a talented team and I have already shared your comments with everyone at the hotel. I am sure they will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation personally and ensure another truly enjoyable stay.

worcestershire
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend trip to London. First impressions count and the metropolitan did not disappoint with a warm welcome from reception, an easy check in, hot towels and a fantastic spa like smell radiating through out the hotel.
This is modern stylish hotel and we really liked the whole calm ambiance. The staff we meet were all very helpful, they actually smiled and went out of their way to help, which was appreciated.
We had a large room overlooking Hyde Park, with fabulous views over the park and city. The bed was extremely comfortable.
The location of the hotel is a major plus, providing easy access to all the London sights and shops.
We had a fantastic time in London and staying at the Metropolitan by Como made it just that little bit more special. We certainly can not wait to return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank uptonwaterman
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay from your arrival experience, to your room and our location.

I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated. Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as we would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

We look forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Room was tatty and in need of decorating. Carpet was dirty/stained and there were hairs on the bathroom floor upon arrival. Wooden furnishings in the room were tired and worn. Iron was ineffective. Bed was comfy but this is more a 4 star hotel than 5. The White Room is soulless and the breakfast menu uninspiring.

1 Thank inp0105
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay with us.

All guest feedback is taken immensely seriously at the hotel and I am very sorry indeed that your stay was less than perfect. You are indeed right that your experience does not appear to have met the rigorous standards that we set ourselves and that our guests have come to expect. Further to our recent direct communication with each other please also rest assured that any remedial work you highlighted in the room will be rectified and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

As stated in my correspondence with you please also let me know when you are planning your next London visit as I would very much appreciate the opportunity to restore faith. I will be delighted to look after your reservation myself and ensure your entire stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Third visit and fabulous!! The foyer quite small, but the room sizes make up for it, and I'd rather have a lovely big room! The place smells so lovely and staff excellent!! Highly recommend!
Last time got upgraded to the most amazing room and fantastic views over Green Park.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a return guest your comments are particularly appreciated and I am very pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy your experiences with us.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.

Braintree, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Spent a weekend here for an annual meet up in London with family members. The hotel was spotless, the room was a good size with one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in! The toiletries provided in the room were divine, and tea/coffee making facilities were provided as we had emailed ahead and requested them. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the staff, they were friendly, helpful and very professional. We had mentioned that we were holding a belated birthday celebration and had booked the hotel as a treat, so we were delighted when we got back after an evening at the theatre to find a birthday cake had been left in the room for us - delicious! The turn down service was excellent, a welcome note and complimentary bottle of water by the bed. I could not fault this hotel, the location, facilities and staff were second to none - they made our weekend the relaxing break we had hoped it would be.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your birthday celebrations in some way. I am also very pleased to hear your comments about the service you received as well as the comfort of your bed. Your thoughts echo the comments of many of our regular guests so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation personally and ensure another truly memorable stay.