This is an absolutely superb hotel which offers genuine five star service. We stayed in a Metropolitan room which gave us plenty of space, a large window and a well designed seating bench all along the window. We had lovely views over Green Park and despite being on the third floor we had no issues of noise. We also didn't hear any noise at all from other guests which is a bonus. The room features a king bed which was very comfy for both our tastes.
The bathroom was excellent, large, well designed and had a great large shower head over a tub with bath screen. We liked how the sound from the TV was piped into the bathroom which allows you to make use of the large library of on demand music accessed through the TV.
There was a Nespresso maker and few pods to try which was a nice touch. We also got free bottles of water and fruit with the turn down service.
You get two free "vodka based cocktails" to enjoy at the bar over the weekend. This was a bit confusing but turns out its kind of a signature cocktail and you don't get a choice. This cocktail is quite delicious but serves as nothing more than a starter for their "proper" cocktails which were inventive and truly delicious. At about 10:30 the bar was quiet and we were surprised there was a DJ playing. Don't worry though he was very chilled and actually played a really good mix of music that suited a laid back hotel bar atmosphere very well. Most of their cocktails are £12 which we thought was OK for such a nice hotel on Park Lane.
On check out we were handled in a very friendly and efficient manner. We didn't even have to ask to store our bags for the day. On our return to the hotel our bags were fetched and they got us a taxi. Our bags were even carried to the taxi for us.
Overall, one of the best stays we've had in London. Very hard to fault so thank you to the team for a such a lovely weekend. We would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London