“Consistently great!”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #70 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I always stay at the Metropolitan (both with work and personally) when visiting London and everything is always excellent. It is hard to fault the service of the team who provide a great experience. Not the cheapest of hotels in any way, but if you want a great experience then this is definitely worth a look.

Room Tip: My advice would be a Park View Metropolitan Room on a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter W
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments following your stays at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your recommendation is particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your experiences with us.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I never normally write reviews but I feel like I really ought to write a review for the Metropolitan because it stood out for me so much.
My friend and I decided to come to London for the weekend to celebrate my birthday, we stayed at the hotel the Friday and Saturday nights.

From the very moment we pulled up outside the hotel we were treated like royalty! Our bags were taken from the taxi for us and we were welcomed into the reception (which smelt AMAZING).
Whilst checking in we were told that our room had been upgraded and that we had 2 free welcome cocktails in the Met Bar to enjoy whenever we wanted during our stay. The check in was quick and easy and the lady on reception gave us a quick tour of everything and answered any questions we had. She then took us up to our room and made sure we were really settled, our luggage arrived shortly after which was nice as it was very heavy!

Our room was beautiful, we were on the 10th floor and had incredible views overlooking the city. We had a seating area, large TV and the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!
We were impressed by the walk in shower and large bath too.
We went for a girly afternoon to the spa shortly after checking in. Again, when we arrived the staff were extremely friendly and we were shown to the changing rooms. We both had a massage and a facial and they were fantastic! We left feeling refreshed and relaxed. We particularly liked how the staff let us choose the massage oils that we wanted to be used on us, although I would have been happy with any of the oils but it was still nice to be asked!
Both mornings we ordered breakfast up to our room, when we rang to order through room service the staff were helpful, kind and courteous. They even let me add things to my breakfast which weren't on the menu! The breakfast was unlike any hotel breakfast I've ever had before, it was presented elegantly and tasted amazing! We also had tea in our room on the Saturday night and again, this was fantastic. When the room service staff come to the room to bring the food they are excellent, they set up everything for you and you feel like you're just in a restaurant!
We went to the Met Bar on the Saturday night to enjoy our free cocktails, obviously on having one we had many more! The bar staff knew all the drinks inside out and were fantastic at recommending drinks that would suit our tastes. The barman even made up a cocktail for me that wasn't on the menu because I asked for something sweet with strawberries and raspberries! The atmosphere was extremely chilled out and the perfect way to spend the Saturday evening!
I have absolutely no criticism what so ever! I wish we could have stayed longer as we were so comfortable and treated so well! Every single member of staff we came into contact with went out of their way to look after us and make us feel 'at home'.
The location of the hotel is excellent, a short walk from lots of lovely restaurants. There is a tube station really close to the hotel too.
We hope to come back very soon. Thank you for a wonderful birthday weekend.

Room Tip: We had room 1024 which was on the 10th floor, it was excellent!
Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued so many elements of your experience with us and that we were able to enhance your birthday celebrations in some way.

I am also particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service you received from the team throughout your stay. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

There was no problem with the hotel - good location, efficient reception service, adequate room, good facilities but it really lacked any soul or personality. Other than the scent in reception, there was nothing distinctive about it, nothing worthy of comment. The cocktails in the bar were lovely, and the complementary drink was appreciated, but the bar itself was completely lacking ambiance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you liked our location, facilities and the service you received but was disappointed that you felt the hotel lacked atmosphere. I am at your disposal if you would like to discuss this further with me.

I would also very much appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future to restore faith and ensure that your stay is memorable for all the right reasons. Please let me know when you are planning a return London visit as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I liked everything about this hotel - hotel, scent (!!), room, staff
We stayed here for our first night in a special birthday weekend and I wished we had stayed here rather than the Waldorf on our second night.
This is my expectation of a 5 star hotel in a city - pleasant staff, spotless room (no brown grout/sealant in the bathroom, you see it can be done!!), imaginative mini bar and "essentials". I thought the extras such as candle and spa lotions were reasonably priced, and the miniatures in the bathroom were high quality.
Most of all our king bed was supremely comfortable and the room was very quiet. Nobu was also a very special experience.

All in all - excellent. Thank you for getting our weekend of to a flying start!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much for your fabulous comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience at the hotel and many of your comments echo those made by our regular guests so I am very pleased indeed that you felt the same way.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO in the future. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements personally.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have recently stayed at this hotel for the first time ( not for the last ). From the minute i stepped through the doors all of the staff could not have been more helpful. their service and helpful knowledge was second to none. The rooms, facilities and location makes it the one and only hotel to have a great time in London. I left with a bigger smile on my face from when I went in. Honestly its an experience you cannot miss out on. Unbelievably comfortable bed. The bar staff are friendly and cheerful. All the other staff are a credit to the manager and the company. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel. I look forward to seeing you soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that you enjoyed the service you received from the team. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you.

I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and the comfort of our bedding. Your thoughts echo the comments of many of our regular guests so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I shall look after your booking myself and ensure that you have another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is an absolutely superb hotel which offers genuine five star service. We stayed in a Metropolitan room which gave us plenty of space, a large window and a well designed seating bench all along the window. We had lovely views over Green Park and despite being on the third floor we had no issues of noise. We also didn't hear any noise at all from other guests which is a bonus. The room features a king bed which was very comfy for both our tastes.

The bathroom was excellent, large, well designed and had a great large shower head over a tub with bath screen. We liked how the sound from the TV was piped into the bathroom which allows you to make use of the large library of on demand music accessed through the TV.

There was a Nespresso maker and few pods to try which was a nice touch. We also got free bottles of water and fruit with the turn down service.

You get two free "vodka based cocktails" to enjoy at the bar over the weekend. This was a bit confusing but turns out its kind of a signature cocktail and you don't get a choice. This cocktail is quite delicious but serves as nothing more than a starter for their "proper" cocktails which were inventive and truly delicious. At about 10:30 the bar was quiet and we were surprised there was a DJ playing. Don't worry though he was very chilled and actually played a really good mix of music that suited a laid back hotel bar atmosphere very well. Most of their cocktails are £12 which we thought was OK for such a nice hotel on Park Lane.

On check out we were handled in a very friendly and efficient manner. We didn't even have to ask to store our bags for the day. On our return to the hotel our bags were fetched and they got us a taxi. Our bags were even carried to the taxi for us.

Overall, one of the best stays we've had in London. Very hard to fault so thank you to the team for a such a lovely weekend. We would love to return.

Room Tip: 306 was a Metroplitan room and was down the far end of the corridor so was quiet.
1  Thank Richard H

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your time with us, that you enjoyed our location, the size and calm of your room as well as your experience in the Met Bar.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know when you are planning a return as I shall look after your booking myself and ensure that you have another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Was in London for just a day with my son. The front desk was friendly and particularly great about getting us into our room early. Free wifi, solid gym, and perfect location. Twin beds instead of two full size ones, but they were very comfortable and the room was otherwise lovely.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your very kind comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your family time with us so much.

We look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased to look after your booking myself.