“Great Stay”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #53 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel was excellent - staff were very friendly and service was excellent. Rooms were normal size (some London hotels can have very small rooms). It was especially nice to have a decent size bathroom with good shower. All the little things were taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your experience and the service that you received from the team.

Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself and ensure another lovely stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

There are newer reviews for COMO Metropolitan London

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel - and it was absolutely superb!

I was upgraded to a lovely, light airy spacious room on the 10th floor - with views across the city and across the park. Everything spotlessly clean. Bathroom with bath (with handheld shower) and separate shower cubicle - with the fluffiest, softest towels and bath mat ever. The bath salts were gorgeous. The bed and pillows were so comfortable.

All the staff encountered were really friendly, and the bar staff highly entertaining when persuading me to try out a cocktail or two. Most staff greeted me by name and seemed genuinely interested in making sure I had a good stay.

Last time I made a few mutterings about the breakfast - this time it was very good, although I couldn't finish off the pancakes I had on my second morning as they were a bit on the heavy side (very minor grumble). I also had a taste of Nobu in my room in a Bento Box - delicious!

So - this is now, by far, my favourite hotel in London :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us and that we are now your favourite choice of London hotel.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after reservation myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I love this hotel! Every time I visit it gets better (I've stayed around 5 times since last August) they somehow manage to make you feel so at home. I think that's an achievement as sometimes 5* hotels can be a little stuffy and getting the right balance is difficult. The staff are always professional, friendly and efficient. The rooms are spacious,well appointed and have beautiful views of the park,the location is terrific for shopping, sightseeing or people watching.
The Met bar is a lively, stylish place to have a cocktail before diner and Nobu - well, always outstanding.
Breakfast is served in The White Room (on the same floor as Nobu) and is a bright, airy room with once again superb service and excellent food.
All in all this hotel has everything and I look forward to returning shortly!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your comments and recommendation are particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy so many aspects of your time with us including our location, our rooms and especially the service that you receive.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a lovely weekend at the hotel. From the moment we arrived the service was brilliant - the front desk staff remembered our anniversary which was nice.

The room was lovely with nice views over Hyde park and a nice sound system / coffee machine / other mod cons.

Had a few drinks in the bar which was nice - unique drinks menu.

In summary amazing hotel with top quality service! Hats off to the staff!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and how highly you valued your experience with us. I am also very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your anniversary celebrations in some way.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We scored this hotel on Hotwire and boy, were we lucky! It's in a wonderful part of London, convenient to two Tube stops and various parks, sights, and restaurants. The rooms are lovely, and the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Other reviewers had suggested we ask for a room on the park. We made the request, and were told that...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our location and the service you received from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please do let me know when you are making your plans as I would be delighted to look after your reservation and any London requirements you have.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was traveling alone for the first time and the warmth and friendliness of the staff made me feel very safe. I managed to walk easily to all the tourist spots I wanted to go to. The room was large and very clean and the whole hotel - from the lobby, the restaurants, the gym, the people - projected "class".

Room Tip: Ask to overlook a Hyde Park if that is of interest to you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Veronica G

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments following your first stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. It is terrific to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am particularly pleased that you felt the service was warm and friendly.

Please do let me know when you are planning your next London visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff are extremely helpful and friendly.
The location is great, right opposite Hyde park on old park lane.
Nobu restaurant and Met bar are pricey, but fantastic.
The breakfast was also lovely.
In comparison to other 5 star west end hotels this is very good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.