“Great Hotel in Mayfair”

Ranked #50 of 1,068 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel in Mayfair”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am staying here regularly when in London for work and it's a great central location. The staff is excellent, the food/room service is actually quite good for a hotel. The bed is super comfortable and the rooms are very spacious as well.

While there isn't much within 2 blocks, it is just a few blocks away from bond st., coffee, tube, picadilly, and right across from the park (if you like to go for runs).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your comments and recommendation are particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy our location, the comfort of our rooms and especially the service that you receive.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
south carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

3 nites via priceline bid. top notch hotel, very modern updated large rooms, good service,easy check in/out, complimentary coffee in lobby for early risers during the week, bus,tube stop,shepards mkt with restaurants/pubs nearby,nice fitness center and pool.

Room Tip: Hyde Park View for the right price.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, that you liked our location and your room as well as the service that you received from the team.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stay in Mayfair for work and social reasons as couple of times a month and have tried ALL the hotels on Park Lane and Piccadilly and across to Grosvenor Square. If you want to really roll out the red carpet, don't play around go to Claridges. If you want a great nights sleep in the softest bed linen I've found anywhere, a brilliant gym and steam room, Nobu as the Hotel Restaurant and a view of Hyde Park then.....get to The Met every time!!!! Staff make the experience of course and they get it right every single time. Bright, interested people who strike the balance of professional but friendly service every single time. No where better to stay in Mayfair.

• Stayed April 2014
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your comments and recommendation are particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy so many aspects of your time with us including the comfort of our bedding, our gym and especially the service that you receive from the team.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel was excellent - staff were very friendly and service was excellent. Rooms were normal size (some London hotels can have very small rooms). It was especially nice to have a decent size bathroom with good shower. All the little things were taken care of.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your experience and the service that you received from the team.

Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself and ensure another lovely stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel - and it was absolutely superb!

I was upgraded to a lovely, light airy spacious room on the 10th floor - with views across the city and across the park. Everything spotlessly clean. Bathroom with bath (with handheld shower) and separate shower cubicle - with the fluffiest, softest towels and bath mat ever. The bath salts were gorgeous. The bed and pillows were so comfortable.

All the staff encountered were really friendly, and the bar staff highly entertaining when persuading me to try out a cocktail or two. Most staff greeted me by name and seemed genuinely interested in making sure I had a good stay.

Last time I made a few mutterings about the breakfast - this time it was very good, although I couldn't finish off the pancakes I had on my second morning as they were a bit on the heavy side (very minor grumble). I also had a taste of Nobu in my room in a Bento Box - delicious!

So - this is now, by far, my favourite hotel in London :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your experience with us and that we are now your favourite choice of London hotel.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after reservation myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I love this hotel! Every time I visit it gets better (I've stayed around 5 times since last August) they somehow manage to make you feel so at home. I think that's an achievement as sometimes 5* hotels can be a little stuffy and getting the right balance is difficult. The staff are always professional, friendly and efficient. The rooms are spacious,well appointed and have beautiful views of the park,the location is terrific for shopping, sightseeing or people watching.
The Met bar is a lively, stylish place to have a cocktail before diner and Nobu - well, always outstanding.
Breakfast is served in The White Room (on the same floor as Nobu) and is a bright, airy room with once again superb service and excellent food.
All in all this hotel has everything and I look forward to returning shortly!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your comments and recommendation are particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy so many aspects of your time with us including our location, our rooms and especially the service that you receive.

Reading Uk
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a lovely weekend at the hotel. From the moment we arrived the service was brilliant - the front desk staff remembered our anniversary which was nice.

The room was lovely with nice views over Hyde park and a nice sound system / coffee machine / other mod cons.

Had a few drinks in the bar which was nice - unique drinks menu.

In summary amazing hotel with top quality service! Hats off to the staff!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and how highly you valued your experience with us. I am also very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your anniversary celebrations in some way.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.