My husband and I stayed over night at this hotel and we booked through 'last minute.com' and we were lucky enough to get a 47% discount because it was a 'secret hotel' deal. Upon arrival, we found the hotel lobby to be modern and be minimalist appearance wise. The staff were friendly, however they did not have our reservation in the system, we were not worried because the staff quickly made us a new booking and while we waited a few minutes, we were given face cloths to freshen up with that had been infused with eucalyptus and peppermint oil, which I found refreshing and wonderful (I ended up buying a bottle of the oil because, it was so great!). Our room was clean but far too plain for my taste, however I do not have a complaint, because of how I booked and because I think that for a millennial, this kind of room would be perfect and I cannot complain about my view of buildings etc because I didn't pay for a park view. Room service food was average, but I suspect that if we had ordered asian cuisine, it would have been been better given the fact that 'Nobu' restaurant is integrated with the Hotel, but nothing was bad just lacking and not quite on par with quality. The bathroom products were lovely and I feel are on par with five star standards. On check out the staff were professional and friendly once more. In summary, I am more of a Hilton on Park lane,The Royal Horseguards, Claridges or Ritz girl and judging this hotel by 5 star standing, I would give it a 4 star rating based upon the minimalist ambiance of the hotel and the plain wooden furnishings and purple carpet in the rooms. The food wasn't on par and if I had been paying full price and had picked this hotel, I would feel cheated, because when staying in Mayfair and paying Mayfair prices, I expect 5 star luxury and this hotel certainly doesn't provide that for me. The staff were great though and the Como Shambala range of oils and toiletries are wonderful and I will continue to purchase them. I would recommend this hotel to a millenial that may appreciate minimal modern furnishings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London