“Absolute Heaven”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #61 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had only one night here to celebrate our tenth anniversary.
I had contacted the hotel to let them know this and we were greeted by the front desk staff with "Happy Anniversary"-so lovely.
As our room wasn't ready, we went out for lunch in Shepherd's Market, an interesting area of Mayfair.
When we returned, our room still was not ready, so Scott, the wonderful manager, upgraded us to a suite with a balcony, overlooking Hyde Park. The room was huge, a rarity in London.
A quick knock on our door and staff arrived with a lovely bottle of wine and a fruit plate-so thoughtful.
We also received 20% off at the spa and two complimentary cocktails in their stylish bar.
Full English breakfast was delicious and I could have stayed for a week or a year.
The location of this hotel is superb-corner of Old Park Lane and Piccadilly, overlooking Hyde park and Green Park.
What really sets this hotel apart from its competition is the superb warm and friendly service.
We cannot wait to return to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to balcony with park view if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine E C
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to enhance your special occasion in some way.

I am also very pleased to hear that you liked your upgraded room that Scott assisted you with, as well as the service you received throughout the hotel. It is the staff that truly make the difference and we are very lucky to have some very talented individuals. I shall certainly share your comments with them all.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had a beautiful days at this hotel. Clean cozy room, peaceful atmosphere, incredible fast service, nice Hyde park view and very very kind people working here. Also in love with Nobu restaurant at this hotel. A nice home away from home!!!
For sure we come back again!

Room Tip: Chose the room with Hyde park view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irina L

Many thanks for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am absolutely delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience and that you had the chance to enjoy Nobu whilst you were with us.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return London visit. I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My partner and I stayed here with a group of our friends for an evening last October and were extremely pleased.

At check in the staff gave us each a free drinks coupon for the bar, which admittedly, we didn't have time to take advantage of as we had plans elsewhere that evening but we all agreed this was a very nice touch.

We were shown to our rooms, which were all kept together which was good of them to ensure, as the hotel was busy that evening. We had booked double rooms but due to a change of plans two of our friends were now staying together in one room, instead of the couple that was originally planned to occupy this room, so at check in we requested that the sofa bed be made up in said room. Housekeeping came and set this up immediately.

There had been a torrential, almost monsoon-like down pour of rain that night and unfortunately after our evening out we'd had to walk some of the way back to the hotel and endure the weather, and so by the time we arrived we were absolutely drenched from head to toe. When we got to our rooms we ordered fresh brewed tea and coffee which was delivered to our room at no extra charge. I much prefer this to the in-room self service station you usually find in hotels, which often can have a stale taste.

Unfortunately the storm carried on through the night which caused a lot of railway disruption due to fallen trees on the tracks. The staff were extremely informative in warning us on the matter as soon as we got to the check out desk. This was exceptionally helpful as most train lines were closed that day which meant everyone in London had to rely on taxi or bus for transport until the tracks were cleared, it was chaos as you can imagine. The staff helped us locate all the appropriate bus stops and also allowed us to use the business center to print our boarding passes, free of charge - after check out. Without such help we would have undoubtedly missed our flight as I am sure many others would have that day.

The rooms were absolutely lovely, stylish and modern ample space even in the standard room. The bathroom was very attractive and it too was a decent size, everything was very clean and comfortable, we couldn't have asked for more.

The location was ideal, very central.

All in all exceptionally good value for money.

I appreciate great service when I see it, having had some terrible experiences at hotels in London, and so I can say without hesitation, our stay was excellent.

Without a doubt would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and how highly you valued your experience with us.

I am also very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed the service you received throughout your stay. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. I shall certainly share your comments with everyone at the hotel.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated. Please do let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Staff are friendly and efficient, but room on the 2nd floor (looking out over Park Lane) was extremely noisy both from the noise outside and the constant scrapping of chairs from the restaurant below on the 1st floor. You know when the chefs have started to work in the kitchen because the smell of fried food gets pumped through the air conditioning back into the room

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Further to my recent direct message to you I wanted to thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am very sorry indeed to hear that you were disappointed with your room and that you were disturbed during your time with us. I remain at your disposal should you wish to discuss this further with me.

I would also very much appreciate the opportunity to restore faith and hope that you will contact me prior to your next London visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and I will ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were in the metropolitan hotel for 5nights we had a great time sweetie ie sweat pea was a angel we had great fun all the staff were great the room servis was superp the people at reception was great fun we would go back again when we win the lotto we never were in a 5star hotel it was good to see how the other half live but the rich don't have the fun that joe blogs have I think the staff enjoyed the comen people best wishes to all the lovely people staff at the metropoiltin hotelhttp://youtu.be/L0w1Qu0o3GU

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bernie d
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about your recent stay and the service that you received at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just had the most amazing stay to celebrate our twin daughters 18th birthday, had three rooms on the 6th floor great views over Hyde Park. Daisy the dog had a lovely basket and really enjoyed her stay as well. All of the staff were brilliant and made the weekend a total success. The meal in the Nobu was first class and the girls friends really enjoyed the Met Bar.

Have stayed in the hotel before and have always received this first class service, can't wait to return again

Room Tip: Rooms 606,612,614 have amazing views over Hyde Park
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaMiles240168
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your fabulous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and that we were able to enhance the birthday celebrations in some way. I am also very pleased to hear that Daisy also enjoyed her stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you, and your family, back to the hotel. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return visit as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My partner and I have stayed here twice in 3 months as we like regular jaunts to the capital and all I can say is it gets better. They staff, the room and the breakfast were amazing not forgetting the bar staff for cocktails in the evening.

I will definitely be coming back here!

Room Tip: Stay in rooms 220, 320, 420
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. As a regular guest your comments and recommendation are particularly appreciated. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy our location, our rooms and especially the service that you receive.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.