“Fabulous Customer Care!!!!!”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #68 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. From the minute we arrived the staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. The room was beautiful and clean and just what we wanted. The highlight of our stay was when we returned from a night out to find a bottle of wine and a cake, including a personalised card to wish us a Happy Anniversary, we were blown away that the staff had actually taken interest and had done something to help us celebrate, absolutely 1st class customer service, we will certainly being staying here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and I am very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your anniversary celebrations in some way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed only for one night late May. Have got an upgrade so it was a nice touch. Lovely bar and atmosphere. Stuff was incredible as well. Perfect location. Good choice if you want to have short city escape. Definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, that you liked our location and your room as well as the service that you received from the team.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. We stayed here twice over the last year and both times the staff service was exceptional. We were here on a special occasion and they upgraded our room.
Great location right opposite Hyde park and close to tube if coming by underground.
They have a spa which has private steam room facilities. Only thing I would say is that it would have been all the more better if they had a pool and sauna in the hotel as we would have used these! Other than that, great hotel, modern and I especially loved the bathroom products, which are from their spa range.
Would return and also recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback and your recommendation following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear how highly you valued your experience at the hotel and that we managed to enhance your special occasion in some way.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO. Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements myself to ensure you enjoy another memorable stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at The Metropolitan for one night. Service was faultless. Lovely big room with a fantastic view over the park. Bathroom was a little small but that's Central London for you. The Met Bar has some of the best cocktails in town.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback following your recent visit to the Metropolitan by COMO. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to enhance your time in London in some way. I am also delighted that you enjoyed your cocktails in the Met Bar so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit to London as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements personally.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked this hotel through Secret Escapes on a blind purchase and once I had paid and found out the name of the hotel I must admit I had not heard of it before so as they say 'in for a penny in for a pound' On arrival our car was whisked away into the car park and we checked in to find that we have received a room upgrade which was very nice and also some free tokens for a cocktails each at the bar which was equally nice. As soon as you walk into this hotel the smell is divine and takes you right back on a journey to any spa day you have experienced, wonderful smell which carries right through the hotel, delightful. The staff were very efficient and polite and showed us to our room. The room itself was a sort of contemporary, clean and spacious. We were very fortunate to be able to have a room at 11am another good point.

We returned later in the evening to have a drink in the bar, staff absolutely wonderful, young Englishman so very good with customers 10/10 young man you must have had good parents who taught you good manners. Drinks very good glasses incredible the stem on the champagne glass was exquisite.

Everything was very good and I would recommend this hotel to anyone, the difference to the more know hotels is that this hotel is much more personable and relaxed.

Only a couple of points, no electrical points near the bed to charge my phone whilst having the alarm set, not a major problem just me being lazy when the alarm goes off and having to actually get out of bed, still odd the designer/electrician didn't think to put them near the bed and furthermore on that points there was only two plug points above the table and in todays techno era with laptops, phones, straighteners etc a couple more would have been handy.

No tea in the room just coffee. Also room service - when you make a cup of tea (in the UK0 you put the teabags in the pot before the hot water that is a proper cup of tea. Also just one teabag was a bit tight. Big pot of hot water and one teabag please look into that !!!

Quite low sink, my husband said it was average height but it seemed a little low, trivial point though.

All in all a great hotel, great staff, great locations, clean just sort out the tea for room service.

Room Tip: We had a king deluxe room overlooking Hyde Park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much indeed for you very kind comments about your experience at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your stay from your arrival, to your drinks in the Met Bar as well as the service that you received throughout the hotel. Your thoughts echo the comments of many of our regular guests so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

I am sorry that we failed to point out all the electrical sockets in the room, and to explain that tea and coffee making facility are available with our compliments to all our guests, but I am relieved that these issues do not appear to have spoilt your stay too much.

Your recommendation is hugely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would be very pleased indeed to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times and the staff are always the best. The breakfast room is pretty ugly and some of the staff are not so fun but there are a few that work the breakfast that are amazing, positive, and have a great memory (remembering your order from weeks past). The other thing that isn't so great is the internet. Its so slow and being on business it helps to have a good connection to get stuff done but unfortunately that's not the case. Other than that its a nice place and it has a reasonable gym.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the park and not on the back side. The rooms on upper floors are better because t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoy your stays with us and that you particularly appreciate the service you receive from the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO soon. Please let me know when you are planning a return visit as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation personally, assist you with the internet connectivity, and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Got a Free upgrade from city room to deluxe. Spacious room. Nice details. Helpfull and serviceminded staff. Complimentary vodka cocktail upon check-in. I enjoyed the gym and steam room. The location is great, and in a nice area. The only remark would be the iphone docking station, its not for new iphone 5s. They should get a converter or similar, or replace it.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank amaze79

Many thanks indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your experience with us.

Please let me know when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking and ensure a converter to charge your phone is placed in the room for you.