“Class”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #52 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. The room was spacious and very clean, with everything you would want. Had a fabulous night in the Met Bar - so fabulous that we forgot we needed our room card to get back in the lift, and stood there for 10 minutes waiting for it :-/

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Isobel G
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you particularly enjoyed your time in the Met Bar.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as it would be my pleasure to look after your booking personally.

There are newer reviews for COMO Metropolitan London

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this as a last minute trip through secret escape, and did not think this would be a problem as I have done this before.
How wrong could I be we arrivedto a somewhat frosty welcoming committee, when I gave my name to check in there was no booking on there system, I showed my booking confirmation, this was not good enough and was told to go and sit down no in a rude manner.
Was not offered a drink or an apology was just treated like I did not belong in the hotel, after 15 minutes went back to check in desk and was confronted by a very rude lady who I had an argument with, and then they found my booking.
Now once home I have woken the next day to find they have charged me for something from the mini bar that I did not use totaly disgusting.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel M
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Further to my recent direct message to you I wanted to thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry indeed to hear that an error was made with your booking and that we failed to handle this appropriately upon your arrival to the hotel. If a mistake is made it is how we manage the issue after the event that can leave the longest impression on our guests and I am disappointed that we failed in this respect for you. Please accept my apologies for this as well as the error with your minibar charge. Further to your completion of our post stay guest survey I have taken the liberty of refunding your credit card accordingly. A copy of the receipt of this transaction will be sent to you shortly.

I would also very much appreciate the opportunity to restore faith and hope that you will contact me prior to your next London visit. I would be delighted to look after your booking personally and I will ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Four seasons without the high price. I like this hotel very much. The people are nice, the food is very good and the location is second to none. You can't go wrong staying here. The concierge is splendid and extremely knowledgeable of London. Rooms are clean and welcoming. Just a great place.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and your room as well as the service you received from the team, especially the Concierge.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself and ensure another memorable stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were staying at the Hilton Park Lane next door to the Metropolitan. we extended our stay and decided to move hotels. The Metropolitan is an amazing hotel. the rooms are not only spacious but the staff go out of their way to ensure your stay is nothing but the best. Amazing location (close to the tubes) easy to catch a cab or even a private car. one of the best stays i have had in London to date.

Room Tip: Hyde Park is across the street and Piccadilly is one block off for easy access. great location and s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location, your room and especially the service that you received from the team.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure yet another great stay.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel itself is great. The staff are friendly and helpful, its in a great location, the room was spacious and comfortable.

However the food was a big let down. The main restaurant is busy, the menu is confusing to the point that you might as well just ask for a random selection as it gives to clues as to what you are going to get, and the food fine, but no way near worth what they are charging for it. The next day we went for breakfast, but which again was expensive for the quality of what you received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed the service you received from the team at the hotel as well as our location and your room. I am sorry, however, that you were disappointed with your experience in Nobu and that the menu was not sufficiently explained to you. Please rest assured I have passed your comments to the management team of the restaurant to allow them to follow up with their team.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. From the minute we arrived the staff were welcoming and extremely helpful. The room was beautiful and clean and just what we wanted. The highlight of our stay was when we returned from a night out to find a bottle of wine and a cake, including a personalised card to wish us a Happy Anniversary, we were blown away that the staff had actually taken interest and had done something to help us celebrate, absolutely 1st class customer service, we will certainly being staying here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us and I am very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your anniversary celebrations in some way.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed only for one night late May. Have got an upgrade so it was a nice touch. Lovely bar and atmosphere. Stuff was incredible as well. Perfect location. Good choice if you want to have short city escape. Definitely will be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, that you liked our location and your room as well as the service that you received from the team.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.