“nice hotel, good service, but”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #53 of 1,067 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“nice hotel, good service, but”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

everyone was really nice and as helpful as possible. Especially Scott. Hotel is also very nice, but it is tucked in with the best hotels and it is like a step child. Tried to make it a minimalist modern hotel but was not. Rooms were typical and no modern amenities. Lobby is small and uninviting. We actually hung out at the hotel lobby at the Sheridan Park Lane - lots of great couches and the Hilton bar with great views. Don't get me wrong. It is a nice hotel, just not a 5 star as they ay think they are

Room Tip: for some reason there was a lot of loud bangs above up
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the service that you received from Scott and the team. I am, however, sorry to hear your comments about certain design elements of the hotel but I am relieved that this does not appear to have spoiled your stay.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation and your room allocation personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights while in London celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary.
The hotel was in an excellent location, across the road from Hyde park, near the underground and walking distance to central shopping areas. The hotel itself was modern, clean, uncluttered and unpretentious. Staff were very attentive and keen to help with any requests.
We had a warm welcome from the staff at check in and despite us checking in several hours early in the morning they had a room ready for us within 10 minutes, which was great to freshen up from our journey and settle in.
The room had a great view of Hyde park and was spacious, modern and airy. This is one of the few times I have been in a hotel were they have had good lighting throughout the room. This gave us confidence in the cleanliness of the room, which demonstrates the effectiveness of their housekeeping team! The only point that I could fault the room with was that there was no tea! Although my husband enjoyed the quality espresso coffee machine. Room had all the usual facilities you would expect from a Park Lane hotel but worth mentioning that the wifi in the room provided usable download speeds.
We were given complementary cocktail vouchers for the Met bar which we used on the first night after we got back to the hotel after dinner with friends. The cocktails were great, the service and engagement with the staff was very welcoming. The atmosphere was subdued and relaxed which is just what we needed after a day on our feet!
Despite only making breakfast once, we found the good service continued and the breakfast was excellent. I would recommend the eggs Benedict which had perfect runny yolks!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harvjen
Many thanks indeed for your comments about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us in so many areas of the hotel from your room to your drinks in the Met Bar and your Eggs Benedict at breakfast.

It is also particularly pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the service that you received throughout the hotel. It is the staff that often leave the longest impression on our guests and so it is fantastic that you felt that they really made a difference for you. I am sorry, however, that that we failed to explain that complimentary tea making facilities are available on request to all guests so we can certainly provide this for you for any future stays.

Please let me know when you are planning a return London visit so I can look after your booking personally and ensure you have another terrific stay.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Very friendly staff.
Good location for those who appreciate a park view and Mayfair neighborhood.
Bathroons in not so good conditions for a 5 star hotel.
Food is ok, nothing special.
Spa is ok, nothing special too, besides the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Stay away form the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for your comments following your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service you received from the team and that you liked our location. If you would like to contact me to discuss any other element of your stay further I am at your disposal.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation myself and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Unparalleled experience at the COMO hotel! Staff is most helpful. How about re-opening their steam room at night as I could not make it from work during the regular hours. They have a few opportunities mostly cosmetic as the property gets so much traffic (needs a slight refresh). Book this place hands down (priced appropriately). Is this helpful?

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank dshoko
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am very pleased indeed to hear how highly you valued your experience at the hotel and I am particularly pleased that the team enhanced your time with us in some way. With regards to the hotel we do have a rolling plan of refurbishment as well as longer terms plans to keep the hotel fresh and current so I hope to show you more on a future visit.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know personally when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking myself.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Wonderful staff, unbeatable service, amenities and location.Great food and nightlife nearby as well as proximity to the Hyde Park. A short walk to the underground makes getting around a breeze.

Definitely recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Buck11000
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you so much for your very generous comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found both the service you received and our location highlights of your stay. Your thoughts echo the comments of many of our regular guests so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation personally and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I visited this hotel on a business trip and the location was excellent. Housekeeping was great and the concierge helped me get into places I couldn't get into on my own. I would definitely visit again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kacey80
Many thanks indeed for your comments and your recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found the Concierge so helpful.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return London visit. I would relish the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Pewsey
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Check in staff were great, valet parking was awesome, room was absolutely lovely.
Very clean and modern, I don't like any bathrooms other than my own but this was so clean it seemed almost brand new!
I just can't think of a bad word to say, we booked with lastminute.com so got a cheap deal but even so the staff treated us with the same service as a fully paying customer, or at least it certainly felt that way!!

Room Tip: If you're a smoker they've got a whole floor of smoking rooms!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blackpantherevo
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that we enhanced your visit to London in some way.

Please let me know when you are due back to London as I would be delighted to make your reservation myself and ensure another great stay.