“Worthy of 6 Stars if I could!”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #58 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Worthy of 6 Stars if I could!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

After a long flight into London, it was so nice to be greeted with such warmth by the staff at the Metropolitan by Como. We had fresh hot towels to freshen up and were taken up to our room immediately (which they upgraded us as we were on our honeymoon). We were blown away by the room, large space, big bed, and the best was the bathroom which featured 2 sinks and 2 towel warmers (my new favourite device). there is even a do not disturb button vs the little signs to hang on the door.

In terms of the location it couldn't be better. We were right by a pick up point for the hop on hop off buses (I would strongly recommend these when travelling in London), right across the street from a beautiful park, near Shepards Market which has a ton of great restaurants within a 1 min walk and about a 7 min walk to Buckingham palace. it was in such a nice neighbourhood that we always felt safe, even at night. Also close by to Harrods if you want to do some fancy shopping.

overall I would strongly recommend booking this hotel for anyone on a romantic getaway or even for a pleasant stay in London!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jenna U
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you very much indeed for your very generous comments following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued so many aspects of your experience with us from your room size, to our location and the service that you received from the team. I am very pleased indeed that we were able to enhance your London visit in some way.

Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself.

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Finnish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Being greeted with warm towelettes at check in was certainly an excellent way to start. While the decor is understated (in a good, minimal way), the location, service, and amenities absolutely made for a 5 star stay.

We arrived before noon and had to store our bags while our room was prepared. When we returned to the hotel after lunch, we were personally escorted to our room, where our bags were waiting on us. The staff gave us a quick tour of our room, showing us how to open the windows and pointing out details like the complimentary power converter (a nice surprise). The room was a nice size, the bed very comfortable, and the toiletries were high end. All of the staff we interacted with was friendly and attentive.

We really enjoyed the lobby bar and we had the most amazing lunch at Nobu downstairs. The gym was the best hotel gym I've ever seen. There were full locker rooms with bathrooms and showers and complimentary fruit. There were towels and water bottles set out at each treadmill/elliptical and there was an amazing variety of equipment--TRX bands, foam rollers, medicine balls, resistance bands, free weights, machines.

Anything I can say about the location is pretty obvious. It's across the street from Hyde Park, basically on Park Lane, and a quick walk to the Hyde Park Corner tube station.

I would undoubtedly return to this hotel without any hesitation. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kenan H
Many thanks indeed for your terrific comments and your recommendation following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed so many elements of your experience with us from our location to your experience in Nobu and, most importantly, the service that you received from the team. We are very lucky indeed to have such a talented group of individuals and many of our regular guests have also said the same so it is excellent that you felt the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please do let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff's friendliness stood out. I likes the modern rooms. The restaurant Nobu being in the hotel was a plus. The bar was nice but surprisingly empty. It's easy to walk to oxford street and the Mayfair and Marylebone area with lots of reataurants and shops.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Norodin1
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, our location and the service that you received from the team.

Please let me know when you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Met is a fun hotel to stay at given its location on Park Lane making it accessible to Hyde Park, Knightsbrige and all the classic locales within West London. The hotel itself is very nice and the rooms are surprisingly spacious (for London hotels) and very comfortable. The facilities are great and the NOBO restaurant located within the hotel is just superb -- one of the best dining experiences in London. The Met staff are extremely helpful too. It is a great hotel to stay at and I have enjoyed every stay at the MET.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sammooha
AndrewDThomson, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Many thanks for your terrific comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am absolutely delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience and that you also enjoyed Nobu whilst you were with us.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please do let me know if you are planning a return London visit. I would welcome the chance to look after your booking myself and ensure another truly memorable stay.

Potomac
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent location. Effective, efficient and friendly check-in process, although I didn't quite get why I was "legally" required (to quote the staffer at the front desk who checked me in) to provide my address, phone number and other personal information.... not sure what legal framework requires that.

Very small room, #531 - disappointing. Comfortable bed, very nice shower stall.

Free WiFi!

Decent size gym with very good equipment (LifeFitness).

Overall, reasonably good experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose 531, or similar-sized rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank EGMD
Many thanks indeed for your comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our location.

I am, however, sorry that we did not explain the check in process more clearly and that you were disappointed with the size of your room. Under British law we are required to take personal details of everyone that stays with us but please rest assured that these are stored securely on our guest management system at the hotel.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation and your room allocation personally to ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stylish well laid out rooms are paired with a fantastic insightful concierge in a hard to beat location right on Hyde park. There was not much not to like about our stay at the Met. The service from the front desk to the housekeeping in our rooms was top notch.

We had 2 connecting rooms which was perfect for our family of 4. There was a larger master room with an excellent oversized luggage /closet area (which is a huge benefit if you have a wife that likes to shop), a nice sitting room with a round dining table + a long work desk..basically a perfect layout. The kids connecting room was smaller but perfect for 2 kids and it came stocked with plenty of nice educational gifts about London + a Wii game console.

I will definitely stay here next time I come to London on business or on vacation.

Room Tip: Connecting room layout with larger masters and smaller kids connecting room is an excellent set up f...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bthktraveller
Thank you very much for your comments and recommendation following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear how highly you valued your experience with us. It is particularly pleasing to hear your comments about the service you received throughout the hotel and that this enhanced your precious family time in some way. I shall certainly ensure that your comments are shared with the team.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation for you and ensure another memorable stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

everyone was really nice and as helpful as possible. Especially Scott. Hotel is also very nice, but it is tucked in with the best hotels and it is like a step child. Tried to make it a minimalist modern hotel but was not. Rooms were typical and no modern amenities. Lobby is small and uninviting. We actually hung out at the hotel lobby at the Sheridan Park Lane - lots of great couches and the Hilton bar with great views. Don't get me wrong. It is a nice hotel, just not a 5 star as they ay think they are

Room Tip: for some reason there was a lot of loud bangs above up
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the service that you received from Scott and the team. I am, however, sorry to hear your comments about certain design elements of the hotel but I am relieved that this does not appear to have spoiled your stay.

Please do let me know when you are planning a return to London as it would be my pleasure to look after your reservation and your room allocation personally.