You can tell when the staff are really well trained and no where is this better demonstrated than the Metropolitan. From the immaculately presented staff to the pristine appearance of the hotel shows that whoever is running this place has a serious attention to detail and whoever you speak to demonstrates this with spades.
Nothing is too much trouble, as a demonstration of this I overheard a young waitress being asked by a foreign couple for a Clotted Cream Tea with Scones and Jam. Normal one might think, but at breakfast?
This presented no problem to the waitress who understood the couple were flyer elsewhere in the afternoon so breakfast was their only chance to sample this very English treat. She was never flustered and whilst I did not witness the outcome all was well under control and the couple were delighted with this impeccable service. The bathrooms have all been refreshed since I last stayed and the whole hotel seems to have received a fresh vigor and energy. Clearly others appreciate great hotel keeping because it was completely full when I was there and for a Park Lane Hotel to be this busy at the weekends shows how the cream will always rise to the top even in so called recession times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London