It was great to be able to find a modern boutique hotel in London which boasts excellent sized rooms. Often rooms are small and look like Laura Ashley has exploded in it - not that there is anything wrong with this.
The hotel is in a magic location across from Hyde Park in the middle of Mayfair. As it was booked through Amex Centurion I received an upgrade to a Metropolitan Room which was minimalist but a great size. It had a balcony (locked during winter) and I had a beautiful view across to the park. Furnishings were of light wood and cream and were all functional. It was also great that there was free Wi-Fi.
The bathroom was quite small and the shower was in the bath. I have no general issue with this except the bath tub was very narrow. There was certainly space to have installed a wider tub. Toiletries and towels were good. What is it these days with shampoos and body washes all having peppermint in them??? Lovely addition was heated towel rails. Good turn down service was provided.
Some extra brownie points go to the Concierge who rang to let me know he had contacted Qantas to confirm my flight was on time - nice.
On the downside, I could not for the life of me work out how to turn off the light in the bathroom! Closing the door was the next option. The oddest thing was there was no clock in the room. when I mentioned this at check out the person on reception indicated that many guests complained about this - so why not fix it. The bed was comfortable but not the best out there.
I had an early-ish pick up of 8:00 am so hit breakfast at 7:00 am. There was no one around for at least 10 minutes and eventually a staff member appeared. I accept that it was unusual for someone to be up that early on a bank holiday but I could not even find a way to attract attention. That said, the service was professional and the food beautiful.
Overall it was a fine experience but not a great experience for the calibre of the hotel which it holds itself out to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- COMO Metropolitan London has a serene urban aesthetic that is both contemporary and timeless in sun-soaked whites with accents of vibrant yellow. Light floods all 144 rooms and suites through floor-to-ceiling windows whilst the uncluttered design and intuitive technology create a haven of calm perfect for business or leisure travel. All rooms and suites come with: Bespoke king-size beds with mattress protectors and comforters 400-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets Complimentary high speed WiFi and hardwire internet Loewe interactive TV with extensive on-demand music and over 70 channels Discreet hospitality units, mini bars and Nespresso machines Touchscreen controls Remote controlled curtains and blinds, operated by your bedside COMO Shambhala amenities Controllable lighting Rainfall showers Floor to ceiling windows with views of Hyde Park or Mayfair Fret cut-panel bespoke artwork International multi-region plug sockets Climate control Unique yoga channel Hairdryer Safe For extended stay guests COMO Metropolitan London offers some of the best serviced apartments in Central London. Situated just off Park Lane on Hertford Street and Brick Street, our apartments deliver privacy and flexibility with the hotel's signature facilities and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your COMO Metropolitan London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Metropolitan Hotel London
- Metropolitan London
- Metropolitan Hotel London