Number Sixteen
US$254
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$195
US$286
US$247
US$200
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewssouth kensingtonhonesty barfirmdale hotelskit kempboutique hotelafternoon teahonor barsouth ken tubedecorated differentlyhour room servicecharlotte street hotelprivate gardensmall hotelnatural historydrawing roomcommon areasbreakfast room is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2007

Simply the perfect place to stay! Exquisite, reasonably priced, well-located, utterly comfortable, everything excellent. Gracious friendly efficient staff, lovely breakfast--I just loved everything. I'll always stay at No. 16!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank yoyoyo43050
Reviewed 13 March 2007

My husband and I had an amazing weekend in London while staying at Number 16. The hotel was quaint and elegant. The english decor made us feel right at home in England. The rooms were beauifully decorated and had a romantic feel...amazing marble bathrooms! The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The breakfast was delicious and had a great variety. The location of Number 16 could not be better. It is located about a block from South Kensington tube stop, so you can easily get anywhere in the city. But who needs to leave S. Ken, with all of the great restaurants and museums!! I would stay again in a heartbeat and I recommend it to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lizlee
Reviewed 22 January 2007

Just returned from a 4-night stay (my third) and was extremely surprised and disappointed, given that Number Sixteen is one of my favourite hotels, that £200 and €100 were stolen in cash from my room at some stage during the 4 days.

My fault for not putting the wallet with my cash reserve in the in-room safe but, in over 20 years of international travel, this is the first time I have ever had anything stolen from a hotel room.

So be careful: use the safe. Even here.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
7  Thank El_Viajero_Global
Reviewed 7 October 2006

My husband and I were surprised by the hospitality and comfort that "Number Sixteen" offered. From the beautiful linens to the lovely warm towels, Number Sixteen was "top notch". The marble bathrooms were also a treat! We would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank kchoma
Reviewed 15 September 2006

This is a jewel of a hotel in South Kensington. It is nestled among some of the most lovely homes in London. This place is NOT for you if you want the cheesy tourist version of London. It is quiet and charming. They also just redecorated and it looks great. What I really liked is that the rooms were spotless and there is great access to the tube station, restaurants and museums. One warning - rooms are small. When they say single deluxe - they mean single. I was by myself and it was totally fine (and for 135 pounds in London I will take it!). It would have been too small if I were there with my husband. Service was extrememly friendly and accomdating and even drew me a map when I couldn't find a pub where I was supposed to meet friends. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled solo