“Excellent stay”
Review of The Hide London

The Hide London
Ranked #59 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed on the night of 15 January . It was easy to find I and I was able to park at the front of the property.
Warm welcome and as they did not serve food in the evening and I was not well the staff kindly organised a take away that was delivered to my room and they provided the plate and cutlery.!!

Lovely room, very comfortable bed and excellent bathroom - they provided bathrobe and slippers as well as L'Occitaine shower gel, lotion set and bathroom "bits".
most enjoyable. Nice touch with the complimentary drinks in the fridge and most appreciated.

Breakfast was a little disappointing.
I eat continental breakfasts all the time and the selection was good , but let down by the bread and pastries which I found very dry/stale.

As others have said a little way out but very close to Hendon tube.
I would definitely stay here again , and hopefully soon.

Room Tip: I was in a rear facing room couldn't really hear the traffic
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Hotel is in a good location just off the M1 and a 2 minute walk from Hendon Central tube station. Hotel had its own car park which was very useful, just be careful driving under the archway because its a bit narrow. The beds were comfy and I enjoyed the complimentary drinks and chocolates. Rooms were nicely decorated and the breakfast selection was very good also. Only downside was that you could sometimes hear the traffic outside even though we had a rear facing room and that some of the staff were a bit more friendly than others, wouldn't have hurt for the reception staff to have perhaps said hello as we went in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crumble90
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great hotel. Very reasonable price for such a good central location. Room was excellent, small but had everything you needed including tea and coffee. Clean, fresh bedding and a great shower. Food in the hotel was good and the breakfast at £7.50 was a bargain. Only a 10 minute walk to the embankment and all the transport links. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SHONA M
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night, which was his Christmas present from me - including tickets to see the Lion King! Everything about this b&b is lovely. Firstly, the staff are extremely helpful - the best I have come across in years to be honest throughout staying in hotels/ b&b's/bijou's abroad and in the UK. When we first arrived, we were shown to our room and the receptionist insisted on carrying my suitcase upstairs for me. Our room was lovely (we paid for the standard room) and were given complimentary drinks in a mini fridge, complimentary chocolates, and a whole host of other things such as shower gels, dental sets, nail care sets, all sorts! The bed was comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.
In the morning we had breakfast, which was continental, so don't expect a fry up if you stay here, but the selection is good - cereals, croissants, muffins, toast and jam, hams and cheeses, plus fruit juices and tea and coffee. When we were leaving the hotel it was raining, and the receptionist gave us an umbrella so we wouldn't get wet walking to the tube station, which is literally a 2 minute walk if that from the hotel. The nearest tube station is hendon central, which is about 30 mins from leicester square. The only thing is that if you're staying like us, for only 1 night, it might be worth staying somewhere closer to the centre if you want to make the most of your time. But on the other hand, for the service, close proximity to the tube station itself, and the low cost, it's probably worth it if you're staying here a little longer and I would definitely recommend to all.

Thank you for making our stay very enjoyable!

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor room and had an excellent night's sleep, and our room was lovely too.
2  Thank Hayley D
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is our second trip to The Hide and we were not disappointed.
The location (for the price) is excellent as you only need a zone 1-4 travel card for Central London. Driving down and parking also keeps the cost down for a London break.. The tube station for the northern line is just a two minute walk away from the hotel.
The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable and have the added touch of complimentary drinks. The breakfast is an enjoyable cold buffet, which is exactly what you would expect.
We will no doubt be back again.

3  Thank Ethelia
Reviewed 15 December 2013

After reading a number of reviews and seeing how highly rated this hotel was, it seemed like a good choice. As some reviewers have noted it does not have an elevator, so if you have big heavy bags and don't like going up stairs, this won't be a place for you. I however don't mind carrying my bag up one or two sets of stairs.

Nearby Restaurants: Across the street there is a nice pub (Hendon). I had the bangers and mash with a cask ale and it was good and fair priced.

Parking: There is parking (which is included in the price) here which is nice. I had to rent a vehicle as I was traveling to Leeds for work.

Room: Overall it was a nice room. The toiletries were made by L'Occitane en Provence. I rarely notice the quality of the toiletries, but this was a great highlight. Also, when I arrived there was a nice treat of chocolates and Prosecco as well as a few bottles of water.

Breakfast: Stay away from the pastries. I had one bite of them and didn't have any more because they were stale. But the selection was great, there were plenty of deli meats, some nice fruit salad, and the coffee was notably good.

As a side note I booked this on Booking.com and got an Executive Double Room.

Room Tip: I was in room 8 which was away from the road. Based on the number of reviewers who have had noise is...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great hotel with nice and helpful people running it. Near Hendon Central Tube station so its very convenient to get around. Lots of eateries (Chinese, Italian, Fast food, etc) and supermarts around so you will never go hungry.
Not too near to the city (about 20 mins away) but its worth being away.
The hotel itself is cosy and nice.. the rooms a very classy and breakfast is simple n good. Free and quality Wifi.
They were also very thoughtful by preparing a little surprise since it was our anniversary trip!
Would surely return to the hotel when I head to London.

2  Thank SreeGanesh