“Perfect way to begin our visit”

London Black Taxi Tours
Ranked #15 of 709 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Black Taxi Tours offers you the opportunity to visit and explore the sights of London from the comfort and convenience of an iconic London Black Taxi. My tours will show you some of London's greatest sights, providing you with wonderful memories of this magnificent city. I have been a licensed London Hackney Carriage Taxi driver for 30 years having passed the world renowned 'Knowledge of London' which involves several years of studying London. I am also a fully qualified Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers, London Tour Guide. My aim is to provide you with a fantastic day out and an unforgettable tour of this great City.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Perfect way to begin our visit”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I selected Michael and his London Black Taxi Tours after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed! It was a wonderful experience for me and my family. Michael was professional, courteous, and oh so knowledgeable about London. He picked us up promptly from the hotel for the 4-hour afternoon tour on our first day in London. He tailored the tour for what we wanted to see and made it special with the unexpected goodies and packets of information that he provided throughout the tour. At the end of the tour, Michael dropped us off at The Grenadier for dinner. It was a great pub with lots of history and delicious food for a good price. I highly recommend this tour or the whole-day tour if your schedule allows it!

Visited April 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent tour of London”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Michael our guide and driver made this an excellent tour. If you are interested in a black taxi tour of London, I don't think you'll find a better guide and driver than Michael. Michael's knowledge, experience, and attention to detail were evident. Our tour was thoughtfully planned, and at the same time, Michael took care to inquire about our interests and tailored the day to meet those interests. In additional, Michael took us to sites that we never would have discovered on our own. I very highly recommend a 4-hour tour with Michael.

Visited April 2014
“Perfect for families”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our family recently booked a tour with Michael and were so glad we did. We covered so much of London and got to hear interesting tidbits from past and present history of London. Michael was so accommodating and went the extra mile to make our visit memorable. This is the perfect thing do with kids, so that you can see so much of London in one day. Highly recommend this tour!

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic introduction to London”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Myself and my husband had 5 days in London from 26 March 2014. I found Michael and his London Black Taxi Tours on Tripadvisor and am so happy that I did!
This was a wonderful experience and as this was our first full day in London, gave us an excellent introduction and helped us find our feet in such a huge city. Michael is an extremely pleasant and knowledgeable person to spend a half day with, and he will take you to places not on the itinerary of the usual tours. He is also a wealth of information and knows London inside out.
Lunch after the tour at the Grenadier (a very small old English pub) was lovely.
Don't hesitate to book a tour with Michael, you will be glad that you did!
Denise S

1 Thank Denise S
Coral Springs, Florida
“Our Black Taxi Tour in London”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

There are places that once you visit can change your life. Obtaining a passport, researching hotels, restaurants, and famous buildings and monuments for over a year, perusing maps bought from a book store, and finally packing your luggage, boarding a plane, and flying thousands of miles over an ocean is the hard part however once you're there, you're there, in my case London, England. Of course, you may still feel a bit of anxiety, with what being in a foreign country and all. Yet, Mr. Michael Churchill made it not only easy, convenient, but also enjoyable. After arriving in London March 22, 2014, my mother, younger sister, and I were excited to see and experience all that was the there so prior to leaving Florida we found a Black Taxi Tour that could assist us in navigating busy London to hit the spots. It began before we left, when we had questions regarding if we would have time during our four hour tour to see Kensington Palace, Big Ben and Parliament, watch the Changing of the Guard, and take pictures at the Beatles' famous Abbey Road, Mr. Churchill responded to each email both quickly and enthusiastically. Our day in his Black Taxi did not disappoint. Mr. Churchill (how English!) is both passionate and knowledgable, with 28 years of experience, and clearly enjoys sharing his love for London Town and all it's history. Many times he would comment how he, sometimes dragging his family along, would visit and tour local attractions and theatres so he could recommend these activities to his patrons. He expertly curtailed our tour to encompass all that we wanted to see and do and after learning our interests, driving us to all the places we hadn't thought of that he knew we might like. It was clear Mr. Churchill takes pride in his work, his Black Taxi is updated to provide a speaker in the car so we could hear him share his knowledge of the sites including personal experiences that had us all laughing, as well as having an extra cell phone for his tourists to call him when they jumped out of the car to explore and "ring" him when they were ready to see what was next. Taking away all that, Mr. Churchill is simply a courteous, warm-hearted, and lovely man to spend a day with. No kidding around, when my sister joked she was going to move to London without a job or place to stay she said, "Ill just move in with Mr. Churchill!". Our tour of London was a "brilliant" experience, learning the history about famous landmarks how and who used them back then and today including Princess Diana's wedding at St. Paul's Cathedral and Prince William and Kate's at West Minster, attending the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, our photo-op at Abbey Road, driving by (so as to not upset the "bobbies") the Prime Minister's, Paul McCartney's, and Margaret Thatcher's home, to name a few; and ending with our tour at Kensington Palace. Though our tour was booked for four hours, Mr. Churchill insisted on taking his time to show us all he wanted us to see and at the end he presented his own souvenirs for us to take home! Needless to say, our vacation in London was perfect from start to finish and made all the more by Mr. Churchill and his Black Taxi Tour. My family and I highly recommend taking this tour especially if it your first trip to London and implore you to look in to all that it has to offer. Unfortunately now we suffer with an itch to travel, so our next hurrah may be Africa, with a stop in London of course.