“Burns night and Haggis!!”
Review of The Cow

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Cow
Ranked #445 of 1,324 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The slogan of this pub is “Eat Heartily and Give the House a Good Name,” which speaks to this establishment’s fine British cuisine specializing in seafood.
Reviewed 17 March 2013

2013 started with a great night down The Cow for Burns night! Haggis, whisky and a brilliant piper called Angus. The place was rockin and the food was great. I would definitely recommend this establishment. We had Oysters galore, and the staff were brilliant!!
I would not hesitate to eat here again!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've been watering here since the first day it opened (many moons ago). This is a must go place to have a really fun lunch or evening out. I enjoy reading a good book in the bar on a quiet afternoon or reveling with Westbourne Park's finest (the 'real' Notting Hill for those who aren't local) on a Thursday through Sunday.

You'll always meet new people, recognize a few faces and sometimes go - just a little crazy...

The team are excellent, the food reliable and good, the drinks - usually plentiful.

Go here for early drinks on a summer afternoon/evening and crawl between the Westbourne (opposite corner to the Cow - different crowd but fun, good grub and wine list) and the Bovine miracle which is the Cow. In winter find a corner with pals and enjoy the warmth...

Any negative reviews are a nonsense - I would ignore and try it yourself. Turn up with a big smile and 'ambitions' for a great evening and the latter will be fulfilled.

Recommend Bloody Mary, Little Yellow Ones and the fish stew - also a good well hung Guinness for those that know.

1  Thank Chewbacca_or_Chewie
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had Sunday lunch here with a friend recently, and didn't know what to expect after reading mixed reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. We had the set lunch which was relatively good value, and along with some delicious bread, butter, olives and radishes, we were stuffed - everything you want after leaving a pub on a Sunday arvo! The actual set lunch was average gastropub food - tasty, nonetheless. My only gripe would be the cover charge that is automatically added to your bill - I thought for the price of the set menu that bread would be included, and although a nice addition to the meal, sometimes I wouldn't feel like eating bread and would be a bit miffed at having to pay for something I didn't want.
But, overall, a nice little spot for some grub and few drinks if you are looking to try something a bit different.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Sirloin (minute) steak served with a side of slopped rosemary potatoes was hardly nineteen pounds worth.