“Another dissapointing British food outlet” 3 of 5 bubbles

Independent Shopping Tour of London with Private Driver
Ranked #5 of 708 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: From a small grocery store in Piccadilly in 1707, has grown a celebrated store with an international reputation for the exclusivity and quality of the products it sells. Fortnum's Food Hall is an irresistible display of gourmet pleasures, from chocolates and biscuits to smoked salmon and Stilton, vintage marmalade and seasonal produce. Passionate about provenance, we are proud to recommend every jar, spoonful and slice for our hungry customers.
London
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Another dissapointing British food outlet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Food Was average and expensive, nothing special in all honesty I thought I was going to have a taste orgasm but instead had a premature disappointment.

2 Thank Muslim101

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“PRICELESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

English perfection. Available to those with taste. Proper 50's style. I have been going since 1980 and have never tired. I even remember when there were no prices on goods.

Visited April 2014
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had tea and cake here, and thought it was great. We had never been to Fortnum & Mason before so it was fantastic to look around the store first, and were glad to have a rest and enjoy some tea and cake afterwards.

The best thing about the experience were the cakes - these were absolutely delicious.

The tea had a fantastic taste; it was served a little too cold for my liking, however.
Service was good - the only exception being when we wanted to pay and leave, and had to try to flag down a member of staff to do so.

Yes it's expensive, but it's a great experience and I would not hesitate in coming back in the future.

1 Thank owl1105
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went to Fortnum & Mason's today for coffee and a cream scone. Got the coffee and 10 minutes later still hadn't received my scone. When I asked about it they had forgotten it!! They offered me another coffee if I continued to wait but had lost the urge of a scone by this point so I left, hungry and very disappointed (I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even busy !).......

2 Thank Julie M
Dallas, Texas
400 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 368 helpful votes
“Convenient Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was a convenient stop for us as we failed to get a few souvenirs and it was located by our hotel. It was not as fun as our Harrods experience or as much to see but it is a nice store, we enjoyed our time there and picked up a few souvenirs.

1 Thank Mi-Dan20